Zooropa/Fez intro - COBL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it was cool and it was a really rude tease for those of us who have wanted to hear Fez-Being Born live...

but I agree, I don't think it transitions well into COBL. Especially cause it just kind of tapered off and then the opening riff of COBL came in. If they had actually played Being Born or Zooropa it would have been a different story

Looks like they're still experimenting with the transition to COBL. Damn teasers :lol:

I don't think it transitions well, the transition they have had since Europe II is much more spine-tingling.

And I think it was quite unnecessary to raise the key to COBL, it sounds much better with the key they always play the song in.

Yeah, into COBL it doesn't turn out super incredible, but I liked the chaotic sound of it with the screen expanding. It's definitely a good start. That might even be cool as an opener, but I don't know what song it would fit well into. Maybe UTEOTW?

Wow, that was really awkward and didn't work at all. They should have just played Fez and Zooropa...Fezropa! Being born into zooropa...well! I'm pretty surprised they haven't delved into their more epic, psychedelic side with this tour.

Wow, that was really awkward and didn't work at all. They should have just played Fez and Zooropa...Fezropa! Being born into zooropa...well! I'm pretty surprised they haven't delved into their more epic, psychedelic side with this tour.

They're playing it safe with too many hits. The show could be so much better with some experimentation and adventure into the set.

Fez-Being Born into Breathe or No Line could work

I can only hope that by the time they get HERE they get all those things cleared and they play some GREAT songs, not IALW or MS...

I loved the FEZ/Zooropa mash up, but it didn't click with COBL.
But an interesting thing about COBL, it was up half a tone, (in "standard" tunning) maybe if they'd play it as usual it could work... OR play FEZ/Being Born and THEN COBL

:hyper: Thanks for posting that!!!

I'll take whatever I can get when it comes to Zooropa and FEZ. It didn't mesh well, but that was the first go-around, too. I'm sure they might tweek it.

Odd that they would play it in standard tuning, maybe that was done in error. It's a song that's tough to sing even in drop tuning..

Just scrap this idea (and COBL for a bit) and play Zooropa for crissakes!

Can you imagine the lighting / visuals for Zooropa on that screen?

A bluer kind of white, indeed! :up:

Honestly thought they were going to play it this tour, the whole spaced-out theme and the stage setup is perfect imo!

I don't get why they couldn't just give it a shot!?:| Even if they do it like ZooTV and start with the "And I have no compass..." part I'd still not complain. And the visuals could be stunning. For the encore they could have the Zoo baby / Astronaut on the Zooropa cover on the screen for the start of the encore maybe with the babble intro and "What do you want?" and then a bit of silence and then BOOM! They bust into the song with the "And I have no compass...". They could use blue and purple haze and colors for the song too. Oh man I am starting to envision this epic encore!:drool:

I don't get why they couldn't just give it a shot!?:| Even if they do it like ZooTV and start with the "And I have no compass..." part I'd still not complain. And the visuals could be stunning. For the encore they could have the Zoo baby / Astronaut on the Zooropa cover on the screen for the start of the encore maybe with the babble intro and "What do you want?" and then a bit of silence and then BOOM! They bust into the song with the "And I have no compass...". They could use blue and purple haze and colors for the song too. Oh man I am starting to envision this epic encore!:drool:
This needs to happen so much.

Thanks Zooropa_man.

I think the segue is just sheer gorgeousness, a wonderfully weird mesmeric hush falls across the stadium with everyone trancing out watching the screen expand. Although it's tough to say that this segue is better than having the screen slowly open during The Unforgettable Fire, which was also bloomin great. Couldn't you open and close the screen twice please, U2?

Actually, The Unforgettable Fire would work very well after this segue imo.

What you can't tell from that video is just how far the screen opened. It very nearly touched the stage at its full extent, before closing a few feet at the start of COBL. U2 could perform from trapped inside their own video screen :)

What you can't tell from that video is just how far the screen opened. It very nearly touched the stage at its full extent, before closing a few feet at the start of COBL. U2 could perform from trapped inside their own video screen :)

I noticed that on the last leg. I wonder if Bono has a message flash up on the teleprompter during that time: BONO!! DO NOT JUMP UP AND DOWN!!11!1!

:wink:

a110214spinal--129769017176487100.jpg

:D

Back
Top Bottom