Zooropa Discussion (AKA We're Gonna Tweet Out Loud)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unforgettable Fire
Electrical Storm
Your Blue Room
Zooropa
Ultraviolet
Scarlet (!)

And the Batman song.

And yet the diehard fans aren't getting enough loving...just like they didn't with the Boy and AB lovin' on Vertigo tour. :shrug:

So, after Interference finally has a love-in over Zooropa and everybody finds some common ground to rejoice and celebrate, U2girl mopes in here to be a complete fucking downer.

And you whine about us being miserable, critical people? Look at yourself.

and fuck the people who didn't enjoy it. they get like 95% of the show, let us have ours.

my thoughts as well. and i really hope U2 looks at it like this as well.

ps. did u2girl really say that it's boring live? :lol:

So, after Interference finally has a love-in over Zooropa and everybody finds some common ground to rejoice and celebrate, U2girl mopes in here to be a complete fucking downer.

King of the internetz

It's a boring song live ? Might be a big reason. Then again 90% of the live U2 audience aren't 90's U2 fanatics.

Scarlet and especially YBR this tour are far bigger setlist surprises.

Yeah cause this is so much more boring than IALW.

It FUCKING rocks!! No it might not have the effect of Streets but still I'd rather have Zooropa. It's far more interesting than some of the other parts of the set.

And I think Zooropa is a bigger surprise then those. Its the last thing I think anyone ever expected. The VERY last. Go be negative somewhere else.

Once again ZOMG Zooropa! Sounds awesome live!:drool:

so, after interference finally has a love-in over zooropa and everybody finds some common ground to rejoice and celebrate, u2girl mopes in here to be a complete fucking downer.

zing!

Then again 90% of the live U2 audience aren't 90's U2 fanatics.

Newsflash people: in order for you to enjoy Zooropa, you have to be a 90's fanatic.

LOVED IT> :up:

never thought that a zooropa into blinding lights would work but it totally does.

What makes it even more surprising is that it's from the Zooropa album. That album has had so little representation on this tour. Stay should have stayed around a lot longer, and that barely even survived beyond the opening leg. This is momentous.

I wonder why he left out the fly the friendly skies, appliance of science verse.

But damn, pretty damn incredible they brought it back.

Don't over-react now, seriously.

I don't think I am. I kinda thought so even before Zooropa and EBTTRT was put in. Bring in Discothéque and Electric Co., and we're golden.

Out of curiosity Ax, what's your all-time favourite setlist U2 has ever done?

I bet you it's from the 80's.

Best 'experiment' ever, Bono.

I highly approve and can not WAIT to see this make more appearances, preferably every night!!!!

I've got the YouTube video on repeat and am eagerly awaiting my bootleg. Last night was incredible. :drool:

Probably my favourite U2 bassline, together with Magnificent.

My top 3 basslines are MW, Magnificent, and Zooropa. :yes:

I think the crowd had a nice applause/reaction at the end. If anything, they seem to be in a trance because of the screen. Looked awesome.

Based on the screen and Edges guitar I think Zooropa will stay a while.

Zooropa
Your Blue Room
The Unforgettable Fire
Ultra Violet
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Scarlet
Mercy
Electrical Storm
Love Rescue Me
North Star
Every Breaking Wave
Return of the Stingray Guitar
Boy Falls From The Sky
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Glastonbury
One Tree Hill
Mothers of the Disappeared

I'm aware not all of these have been played consistently, and criticise this tour all you want but for me thats a rather impressive list.

Zooropa
Your Blue Room
The Unforgettable Fire
Ultra Violet
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Scarlet
Mercy
Electrical Storm
Love Rescue Me
North Star
Every Breaking Wave
Return of the Stingray Guitar
Boy Falls From The Sky
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Glastonbury
One Tree Hill
Mothers of the Disappeared

I'm aware not all of these have been played consistently, and criticise this tour all you want but for me thats a rather impressive list.

I agree. I don't think we've ever gotten this much variety- of rare stuff anyway.

Zooropa was awesome to hear. Very powerful performance. Shame about the crowd reaction, but being that it's a rarity that most in the crowd don't know and you can't see the band at all I'm not sure what else we could expect.

At the same time, this slot was usually filled by taped music anyway, so it's a bonus.

Great job on Willie Williams part.

I wonder how much they're actually playing live and how much was backing track?

Back
Top Bottom