Your Blue Room rehearsed....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So the austronauts will actually be delivering the lines while U2 only plays the music to YBR ?

atu2.com's report says "Per recent agreements between U2, the ISS crew and NASA, each of the ISS crewmembers was requested to voice eight lines of U2's new song "Your Blue Room""

the Adam part?

either way if they drop Your Blue Room during the cardiff gig I'll die a happy man. That...and Unforgettable Fire, Bad and Ultraviolet ;)

People who have heard the soundcheck said that Bono sang the falsetto in its fully glory.

Also, NASA says eight lines each, meaning per astronaut... could they be the only ones actually singing this in the end? I'm not sure how much I trust the NASA release, though, considering it calls YBR U2's new song.

I could see the Astronauts doing this during intermission before the first encore song. Kind of like the lemon mix for the mirorball lemon during popmart tour or zoo confessionals during the zoo tv tour.

People who have heard the soundcheck said that Bono sang the falsetto in its fully glory.

Also, NASA says eight lines each, meaning per astronaut... could they be the only ones actually singing this in the end? I'm not sure how much I trust the NASA release, though, considering it calls YBR U2's new song.

6x8 = 48 lines. At best there's 40 lines of lyrics in the song. Each astronaut will have done Adam's part in full, then they'll cut it as best they can.

Given the falsetto tries on UF, I really really hope Edge does the falsetto instead.

but that's a bad correlation because it's easier to sing certain words in falsetto than others....same goes with regular singing...and Bono usually does a pretty good job with UF anyway...when Bono's falsetto is much stronger and thicker than Edge's when he's really on

there are nine lines in Adam's part according to U2.com :scratch:

Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lense to see it all up close
To Magnify what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone

While they are listed as separate lines "zooming in, zooming out" for cadence purposes would be considered one line

Given the falsetto tries on UF, I really really hope Edge does the falsetto instead.

^

No way that Bono can reproduce his falsetto of 1991-1995. HIs voice is very strong now and agai nI am surprised how good it is sometimes but there is absolutely NO WAY he can sing it. I am kinda "worried "when I hear the words "Bono sang the falsetto in full glory". Makes it almost sound like it is the voice from the original record. There are 5 possibilites as far as I am concerned:

A) Edge sings the falsetto
B) it is a pre recorded Bono voice which would SUCK beyond limits
C) They make a butchered version out of it
D) They drop the whole idea
E) Bono takes some helium before each chorus which would be hilarious now that I think about it

Fuck it..Please do option E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...when Bono's falsetto is much stronger and thicker than Edge's when he's really on

replace the word is to was. Bono can not sing anymore like Edge did on the wanderer for instance which is a shame but hey what can you do. :wink:

replace the word is to was. Bono can not sing anymore like Edge did on the wanderer for instance which is a shame but hey what can you do. :wink:

Yes because Bono should be able to sing lead and background vocals at the same time. We all know he's Bono, but I honestly think that' s a little too much to ask for.

Oh yes, he can still do the falsetto. Not that I'm very keen about it, but he can.

Yes because Bono should be able to sing lead and background vocals at the same time. We all know he's Bono, but I honestly think that' s a little too much to ask for.

Oh yes, he can still do the falsetto. Not that I'm very keen about it, but he can.

And the falsetto hasnt been strong at all the last shows...

One word of advice Unicorn: stay of the drugs.. You are much clearer and nicer without them. :up:
On topic, to make it a bit easier for you:

YouTube - U2 Live! The Wanderer

4:16 min. That is Edge, the guitarplayer of U2 and he is singing a part that the Bono of 2009 unfortunately can not sing anymore..Notice that Bono is not singing lead and vocals at the same time but just plays a little bit of guitar.

Good luck with everything :hug:

But why is it that Bono can't sing the falsetto's anymore? I mean, does it really have to do with the smoking, drinking etc? I thought he had some sort of surgery a few years back to correct some issue? Was it that surgery that f-uped his voice to an extent?

why though? I mean, yes it sucks, but what can you do? His voice isn't the same as it used to be which is a shame but oh well, life goes on...

Aren't the forums a place to discuss U2 related issues?? Obviously you don't care to discuss it so... move on. If you have nothing to say... don't post anything. I'm just bringing up a point and HOPING that someone would touch more on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom