Your Blue Room rehearsed....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will be impossible to play most nights...with Bono's falsetto and all. But I think this has to be one of the biggest set list suprises in their history. But hey it's about time...Bono said in Rolling Stone once it's his favourite song!:drool:

It would actually fit the aesthetic for the With or Without You light show. I honestly think the reason WOWY has stayed in the set is that they have the big mirror ball at the top of the spire and it's the only song they have which they can think to use it in (if I remember correctly UV only uses the small mirror ball at the bottom). Maybe If you wear that Velvet Dress but I can't think of any thing else.

Although if it's played it'll probably appear in place of Unknown Caller.

It will be impossible to play most nights...with Bono's falsetto and all. But I think this has to be one of the biggest set list suprises in their history. But hey it's about time...Bono said in Rolling Stone once it's his favourite song!:drool:

Hey wait Bono said about Stay and Window In the Skies, too... :angry:

I'm pretty sure that Bono was singing the falsetto part and it sounded really good, surprisingly so.

as much faith as I have in Bono voice nowadays I can not believe that he can sing it like 1995. There is NO WAY and I mean that like NO WAY he can sing it like that. If he can, I will donate 250 euro to charity. This is a promise:up:

man I am curious :wink:

I think I'm going pass out if they play this

well, I will maybe pass out if they play it in a town while I am there because all I saw in that timeslot in the setlist was a dire version of WOWY. Still pisses me off that they didnt play electrical storm or drowning man once in dublin(UN F^%^^ BELIEVABLE), let it alone this beauty. Let's hope they will do this (YBR) next year too (if they play it at all of course)

as much faith as I have in Bono voice nowadays I can not believe that he can sing it like 1995. There is NO WAY and I mean that like NO WAY he can sing it like that. If he can, I will donate 250 euro to charity. This is a promise:up:

man I am curious :wink:

Chill. It sounded good.

NO WAY

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

This is better than Drowning Man.

Think of this, Drowning Man, TUF, ES and UV in the same set...
Wow.

well, technically, it's not a U2 song...

Released on the 2nd disc of The Best Of 1990-2000 under the U2 name. And if we're thinking from a songwriting perspective, 7 of the 11 songs on the new album are not purely U2 songs.

They just didn't have the balls to release such a record under their name in 1995 (understandably so, more or less). Check out what Eno had to say about that.

Their live DVD should actually just be a compilation of rehearsals and soundchecks.

The mike stand was there on ZooTV, although Adam didn't spend all his time around it. Adam did pretend to sing into it occasionally... see BTBS on the Stockholm DVD for an example.

Wow... that version of BTBS is amazing!! If they would play it like that nowadays, I'd definitely take it back in the setlist. Also, thanks for turning me on to this Stockholm DVD... ZOO TV really was amazing.

I had the chance to go to Wembly with a mate on an overseas trip. I decided I couldn't get the cash together in time, and put all my hope into them coming to Australia. If they debut YBR live at Wembly, I will officially crack the shits!!! :lol:

Wow... that version of BTBS is amazing!! If they would play it like that nowadays, I'd definitely take it back in the setlist. Also, thanks for turning me on to this Stockholm DVD... ZOO TV really was amazing.
No problem... I'm always happy to inform people about the magic of ZooTV Stockholm. :wink:

Dan, regarding your posts, with your luck, they'll play this setlist on one of the London days:

1) Breathe
2) No Line On The Horizon
3) Get On Your Boots
4) Magnificent / Miss Sarajevo (snippet)
5) Beautiful Day / Whatever (snippet)
6) Electrical Storm
7) One (with Hear Us Coming) / Unchained Melody (snippet)
8) Until the End of the World
9) New Year's Day
10) Drowning Man
11) Your Blue Room / Lemon (snippet)
12) Unknown Caller
13) The Unforgettable Fire
14) City of Blinding Lights
15) Vertigo
16) Krazy Tonite
17) Sunday Bloody Sunday
18) PITNOL
19) MLK
20) Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
21) Where The Streets Have No Name / The Playboy Mansion (snippet)
22) Bad / Fool To Cry (snippet) / "40" (snippet)
--encore--
23) Ultraviolet (Light My Way) / My Way (snippet)
24) My Way (snippet) / With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
25) Moment of Surrender / Drowning Man (snippet)

Come to think of it, they should play that set in Sheffield for the broadcast, or else at Chicago 1 (when I'll be watching!). I think I would implode from happiness in either case.

Back
Top Bottom