WOWY fresh on new tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they should play it in the original format. That might help to reignite it. The recent drawn out versions, with two lots of "ohh.. ohh.. ohh's", is far too much of going through the motions. Go back to the simpler arrangement and play it for all its worth. I think this is a song where less is more.

Vertigo and Elevation versions were horrible. I'd LOVE to hear this song in the original format with the Shine like Stars snippet.

It won't sound like the original version because Bono doesn't have the same voice - despite something like 12 May 2005 version.

It could use that solo Edge used to play on some of the tours.

Loved the version they done in Manchester (first show) on the vertigo tour, with the joy division snippets.

my Vertigo shows were early in the tour so I didn't get to see With Or Without You. Wouldn't bother me one bit if they play it at the 360 show I'm going to.

the song needs:

1. better drumming
2. 2nd guitar
3. solo at the end
4. better voice from bono

the 1st 3 are possible the 4th is iffy.

the live versions of the last 16 years have been a complete disgrace compaired to 87/89

what is wrong with them? they must know the versions they have been playing suck. why dont they go all out? it's one of their biggest songs.

as much as i hate to admit it, the quality of the live songs (at least the old ones) has been seriously declining these last few years. but i still love hearing them live and would rather see them playing than not.

Dead since 1993? The Popmart versions where Bono was on, are my favorite ever. Also, the Slane castle performance proves they can still make the song shine, I just think they've let most of their 80's classics kind of just become play-by-the-numbers and compared to hearing new stuff, and the really old stuff, or reinvigorated AB stuff, they don't stand out except as the obligatory Greatest Hits section of the night... I agree they need to bring new life to those songs to make them a part of the night we can all enjoy for more than just nostalgia and fan obsession.

I think WOWY is quite boring. Popmart / Elevation sucked hard. Vertigo was nice .. but it still misses something. Maybe it is the way Bono sings it ... drop the song .. restart and reboot yourself :D

Loved the version they done in Manchester (first show) on the vertigo tour, with the joy division snippets.
You beat me to it:up:I thought it was brilliant that night maybe it was the joy division snippets all I know is that it was one of the highlights of the show.

Back
Top Bottom