Wire live: YESSSSSSS!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
After listening to the TUF remasters, I really really really think the song they should consider doing live is WIRE <-- assuming they aren't thinking about ASOH. :sad:

That 12" is all kinds of awesome. The Celtic Dub aint bad either. :up:

Wasn't "Wire" rehearsed during the Vertigo sessions?

No, it was a BS rumor that surfaced prior to even the Mexico rehearsals. There was no credible source for it. The same rumor said they rehearsed Exit. As we know now, Bono has said he has not wanted to play that one again and has not for some time. So I'm about 99.9% sure the whole rumor was complete BS.

How would Bono EVER remember those lyrics? :lol:
he could just botch it like he does with tuf. :hmm:

(i'm not complaining about their performances of it at all since it's amazing, just the perfectionist in me hates that he's changed the lyrics. and i know, i know, with bono i should expect him to mess up/change lyrics!)

Pity it is just too hard for them ressurrect a great song like Wire that hasn't been played in 25 years. If only these songs hadn't been dustbinned for so long there'd be some continuity with the past and some purpose to playing them. I reckon they have dug a hole for themselves regarding setlists. Pick just about any non-single from any album more than 2 albums ago and they practically can't play it (even if they wanted too) since they probably worry about how only the die hards (and there's only a few of those in a big stadium show) would know it. They have effectively killed off their entire back catalogue. Perhaps this is on purpose? I think they are too obsessed with certain songs being tied in with certain eras rather than that was a good song back then so lets try to perpetuate it into the future.

OMG another setlist thread......

now that was a mean trick! i thought they'd actually played it for a second! :D

Back
Top Bottom