Willie's Diary - All info and updates HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr Williams now hinting at the return of The Fly?:

Seattle turned out for us in the evening and it was a great show. The new Mark Kelly space-words introduction to Beautiful Day worked incredibly well and I think took us all a little by surprise as to how extremely emotional it is in situ. The audience just ate it up – it was incredibly moving, and going straight into Beautiful Day certainly doesn’t hurt. I was delighted with it and we are one step closer to this final version of the 360 show being ‘finished’. Closer… but not quite there as there is, unbelievably, still one last new piece to go in as soon as we can get it together (hopefully Anaheim). Oh, and Zooropa was great, though I couldn’t hear the Tellytubbies, so I’ll have to investigate to find out what happened there.

:hmm: :hyper: "One last new piece" - don't know if he means something visually-audio related, or a song (therefore, we continue making assumptions it's The Fly he's talking about). If it is The Fly, where will it be placed in the setlist? I hope it doesn't take Zooropa's spot - I've been waiting anxiously since Sao Paulo to see it live.

About the theatre? Just what we already knew and guessed. Achtung Baby filming + took the opportunity to give a few Glastonbury ideas a spin.

About the theatre? Just what we already knew and guessed. Achtung Baby filming + took the opportunity to give a few Glastonbury ideas a spin.

That, too. I was there, so I was just curious about his reactions and if anything interesting happened behind the scenes. Oh, and if he said anything about why they skipped MOS.

I hope it doesn't take Zooropa's spot - I've been waiting anxiously since Sao Paulo to see it live.
I honestly don't think it would make sense in that spot - The Fly is great, but I can't imagine it working well as a lead-in to COBL. Plus, as far as we can tell from interviews and such, they seem really happy with Zooropa.
My guess? Right after EBTTRT. The crowd would go nuts. :rockon:

My guess? Right after EBTTRT. The crowd would go nuts. :rockon:

Absolutely, but I mean, they're already going nuts over EBTTRT/IWF which is really awesome as well so why not put it where HMTMKMKM (and Ultraviolet) is now? Then the crowd will have to go nuts twice. :up:

I just hope that this "one last new piece" makes an appearance on Friday at Anaheim I. A bunch of my friends will be at that show with me and I would love them to be able to see (hopefully) The Fly, as I've told them many times that it's one of my favorite songs.

I just hope that this "one last new piece" makes an appearance on Friday at Anaheim I. A bunch of my friends will be at that show with me and I would love them to be able to see (hopefully) The Fly, as I've told them many times that it's one of my favorite songs.

From past experience (and not trying to crush your hopes there), these sort of "experiments" and additions usually take place on the 2nd night. The diary also suggests they'd love to do it by then, but it sounds pretty uncertain if they'll manage to do it afterall (until after Glasto).

Either way, here's hope it's really The Fly (2nd spot!). :drool: Or they just re-worked In A Little While into a remix version as well :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom