Will we hear Fez LIve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really think it would sound great! FEZ could be the intro into the final encore, with the beginning played over the speakers and then the band comes in for Being Born... I think it would be great! :)

Yes. this is what I imagined the opening of the show would be like. with the band coming out first, and bono coming out w/ the mega yell in being born to screams from the crowd.

Breathe is a great song, but i dont think it works at the beginning of the show. it's like a "force you to get into the show" song. It should come later when the audience is warmed up.

i wish but i doubt it - too many guitar parts for edge to overdub - but i think it would really fit a stadium and the stage set up - its a shame for me

Remember: U2 didn't play every song on HTDAAB at the beginning, some of them showed up later. I'd be surprised if one or two of the remaining 4 un-played tracks don't show up, even once or twice....

Yesand bono coming out w/ the mega yell in being born to screams from the crowd.

I don't know about Bono's warm up routine, but I'm guessing that no singer wants to start a 2+ hour show that way. It would be like starting a 10k run with a 100m dash.

Having said that I too love Being Born and would definitely like see it make an appearance. For example Acrobat->F/BB->TUF->UC.

it would be such an awesome opener and would lead nicely into breathe. They need to break out some more of their sci fi songs to fit the stage.

oh man, FEZ-bb opener would really, really be outstanding.

and if they continue to keep playing MOS at the end of the set, how creepy would it be if cedars of lebanon came on at the very end, lights down real low, spotlights all pointing into the sky, edge adam and larry lit with flashlight-level lighting (a la old btbs), and bono singing the lyrics, walking around the catwalk with that laser suit, no spotlight on him.

there is no way this song is opening much less being played period. In the bottom of the barrel in terms of the song rankings on the album. Breathe may not be the best, but this would move into 'worst opener ever' spot the second it gets played.

Using the "fez only" portion of the song and then "let me in the sound" followed by the awards show version of goyb...that is a great idea, that would be the best opening (outside of magnificent done in one of the remix styles, but i don't think they'd do that).

no more remixes

Checking the Axver oracle:

Vertigo tour

Opening night 28 March we got:

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
SYCMIOYO
LAPOE
COBL
ABOY
Yahweh

Other songs

AMAAW: never
Crumbs: Debuted 23 Sept on 3rd leg
OSC: Never
OOTS: 13 days after opening night on 10 April
Fast Cars: 12 Sept on 3rd leg

Elevation tour

Opening night 24 march we got:

Beautiful Day
SIAMYCGOO
Elevation
Walk On
In a Little While
New York

Other songs

Kite: Debuted 20 April almost a month after opening night
Wild Honey: 22 June debut, 3 months after opening night
Peace on Earth: 20 November, 3rd leg
WILATW: Snippet - 27 November, 3rd Leg
Grace: Outro song at shows, never performed

They are bringing the new songs in gradually on every tour, so I am sure we will see some (if not all) the new songs before the tour ends.

I think certainties over the first leg are definately Stand Up Comedy and White As Snow. Fez-Being Born and Cedars may come later

I'd take all 8 Magnificent remixes, their instrumental dubs, the GOYB remix and the Crazy remix + album version, Vertigo twice and Elevation acoustically in a heartbeat if it meant I wouldn't have to listen to Being Boring live. :lol:

BOooo :hug:

I'd take all 8 Magnificent remixes, their instrumental dubs, the GOYB remix and the Crazy remix + album version, Vertigo twice and Elevation acoustically in a heartbeat if it meant I wouldn't have to listen to Being Boring live. :lol:

The 'G' in gvox stands for Grinch doesn't it? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom