Will U2 have the balls to play POP on the 360 Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure, they almost played half the album on Elevation (Gone, SATS, Discotheque, Please, Wake up dead man).
I think more may have been played on Vertigo had they not decided on the Boy and AB strong showing in the setlist.

I fear they do have 'the balls' to play POP
I hope they have the good taste not to

thank you

IMO, the Boy/War/October stuff played on the last tour - doesn't belong in stadiums.

:|

NYD doesn't work in stadiums?

I would rather hear Gloria than any song from Pop. Discothèque would be awesome, but I don't really think it's got anything to do with "balls".

I don't think they really fit with the rest of the songs, to be honest. Discothèque, maybe, Staring at the Sun, maybe, but again, I'd rather have The Electric Co. be replayed than any of the Pop songs.

It works in stadiums, I guarantee.

^ Yeah, I also disagree with that statement. The old songs worked very fine on the last tour.

All I'm saying is I don't see the oldies being played much this time around, I don't see it fitting with the new 'Future' themed tour. Ofcourse they'll play their staple songs, but I can't see them filling their setlist with their classics like on the Vertigo tour, I think this time will be much different.

Hmm, Vertigo setlist was a mixture of classics, rarely played old stuff and new songs from Bomb, at least for the first four legs. I thought the set was great. I wouldn't mind seing a mixture like that again. I'd gladly take the old "rarities" over the usual U2 warehouses any day. They can't and won't play only new songs.

- miami (because i'd probably get good odds)

U2 should just do an entire tour of their really, really weird stuff. You know, "Miami," "FEZ," "Elvis Presley & America," that sort of thing.

"Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba...My mammy."

bummed how this turned out
Wait, doesn't the rehearsal setlist usually differ a bit from the actual show? Personally, I'm hoping that they'll at least play Discotheque and HMTMKMKM, but I certainly wouldn't mind MOFO or Last Night on Earth, either. Fingers crossed! :)

Wait, doesn't the rehearsal setlist usually differ a bit from the actual show? Personally, I'm hoping that they'll at least play Discotheque and HMTMKMKM, but I certainly wouldn't mind MOFO or Last Night on Earth, either. Fingers crossed! :)

Don't worry, they're in rehearsals, the set-list is NOT set in stone, there's no way they'd tour with such a spectacular stage/CLAW and abandon their 90's flare (they fit)....if they're rehearsing EBTTRT - Perfecto Mix....I'm sure we'll get some Pop tunes, it just makes sense. Here's to hoping....:D

Don't worry, they're in rehearsals, the set-list is NOT set in stone, there's no way they'd tour with such a spectacular stage/CLAW and abandon their 90's flare (they fit)....if they're rehearsing EBTTRT - Perfecto Mix....I'm sure we'll get some Pop tunes, it just makes sense. Here's to hoping....:D
Good point...this is their first stadium tour since PopMart, after all. Of course, what would be AWESOME would be a full-on PopMart-themed encore, like Vertigo's ZooTV section. Shine a yellow spotlight on the Claw's "arches," get some PopMart video segments from the vault (the animated short that went with Last Night on Earth, perhaps?), and there ya go! Realistically, though, I'd guess that Discotheque or HMTMKMKM will make at least a few appearances by the end of the first leg, perhaps even alternating nights.

would be intesting if they opened with Discoteque or HKKMKMTM.
I doubt they'd open the show proper with either one of those, since they tend to open with a track from the most recent album. Having one as an opener for the first encore, however, would be both plausible and awesome.
Imagine the screen bank under the claw suddenly turning into a disco ball, and 'Discotheque' fires up...... :drool:
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Woooooooo Hoooooooo!!!! If God will send his angels has been rehearsed.........now this in know way 100% gurantees it will be played live...but at least we know the band is thinking about Pop....and not kicking it to the curb!

I consider this to be a small win for Pop-Lovers everywhere!

Woooooooo Hoooooooo!!!! If God will send his angels has been rehearsed.........now this in know way 100% gurantees it will be played live...but at least we know the band is thinking about Pop....and not kicking it to the curb!

I consider this to be a small win for Pop-Lovers everywhere!

Rumor has it Adam went to a used book store this afternoon and found a copy of Pop...looked at it for a second, looked up in a blank stare....."Oh yeah"

Back
Top Bottom