Will they play Drowing Man tomorrow night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like I say, double or nothing, Milan or Paris.

(I only add "or Paris" because I'll actually be at those shows, and selfishly wouldn't mind seeing the song's live debut.)

Bout, you know, do not be too optimistic:D – you have "Desire", "Angel Of Harlem", "In A Little While" and "Electrical Storm" against you – plus the always-to-be-performed-crowdpleasing "Mysterious Ways" plus x other more recent tunes aka "Stuck", that might block the real gem "Drowning Man" to surface ... Please prove me wrong though!

Drowning man = dull, boring, lifeless.

If they play it, about sixty people at the show will know it, and only half of them would like it. And that half is probably the people reading this forum...

I actually find it quite amusing how U2 have teased the real die-hards by rehearsing this song, then unceremoniously dumping it.

And to be frank, anyone complaining about the set should be thankful that U2 are touring their city. I wouldn't care if U2 played the U218 setlist in order for every show, I would still be thrilled to see them.

If they play it, about sixty people at the show will know it, and only half of them would like it. And that half is probably the people reading this forum...

I actually find it quite amusing how U2 have teased the real die-hards by rehearsing this song, then unceremoniously dumping it.

And to be frank, anyone complaining about the set should be thankful that U2 are touring their city. I wouldn't care if U2 played the U218 setlist in order for every show, I would still be thrilled to see them.

If they play it well and Bono puts some real feeling into his singing then it wont matter if poeple dont know it.. the song has some brilliant lyrics and if Bono nails it Drowning Man will be one of the highlights for anyone.

i don't know, personally as much as i'd like to see them i wouldn't really want to see a travelling jukebox playing tried and true classics...poorly.

Hey knucklehead I got news for you...Drowning Man is a gorgeous gem from U2's past - a far far superior piece of music than Angel Of Harlem or In a Little While. Even if the majority of people in the stadium wouldn't know it to hear it...so what...most would like it...because...it's A GREAT FUCKING SONG!!!

Totally agree. I'd be thankful if they played my country or even the one next door let alone my city.

Hey knucklehead I got news for you...Drowning Man is a gorgeous gem from U2's past - a far far superior piece of music than Angel Of Harlem or In a Little While. Even if the majority of people in the stadium wouldn't know it to hear it...so what...most would like it...because...it's A GREAT FUCKING SONG!!!

The name calling is unnecessary, please refrain from it.

From time to time one sees this opinion expressed on these boars. Please let me say, with respect, that I am glad that U2 demand more of themselves than you do! It's why they're great artists! :)

They feel that they have to constantly EARN what they have. This is what puts them above so many bands.

I understand what you're saying here, and consider myself fortunate to live somewhere where the band visits often. However, as much as I love them, that setlist wouldn't work for me today. I tend to skip through a majority of U218 and there's no skip button at a concert, although I often wish there were. :hyper:

If they play it well and Bono puts some real feeling into his singing then it wont matter if poeple dont know it.. the song has some brilliant lyrics and if Bono nails it Drowning Man will be one of the highlights for anyone.

That's how I feel, but I happen to like Drowning Man and would gladly take an unknown/obscure song over an overplayed one any day of the week. If they played Drowning Man instead of One in September, I would be the happiest woman in Gillette Stadium.

I want to hear In a little While

haven´t you heard it not in 2001 on Elevation Tour :hmm::scratch::confused:

The version their was way better than now but its personal taste.

I want that they play all their songs in good shape that would be the first right step, so far i heard and saw only disorintated band who doesn´t know what to do, bad versions of old time classcers.

So intead of new songs they should play their actual material well and not like well we have to play it but we actually don´t want.:hmm:

Wouldn't it be nice that, if U2 would play Drowning Man, the crowd who Don't know the song would actually get to hear it? It could introduce them to a 'new' U2 song!
I'd like to see wether people will download it after hearing it.

More chance of appearing tomorrow. They usually mix it up a bit in the middle of 2nd city shows.

Have faith.....they will pull it out of the bag.....eventually !!

Yeah, I hope so, but I'm attending tomorrow's show and DM is my favourite song... so...:pray:

I bet Drowning Man will be the "San Jose" debut, held back for a couple of weeks as Kite and OOTS were on their tours. It'll probably debut in either Nice, Amsterdam or Dublin, I bet.

Paris, anyone? If nothing else, maybe Dublin since they will have 3 shows to mix up the setlists over. Just listened to the rehearsal version from 6/27. Apart from Bono not knowing the words, it sounds really good. I hope they play this.

They're waiting to play it 20 years from now when they've been reduced to playing cruise ships for an extra buck. They will then serenade those who fall overboard with this gem

Judging by this spittle, you must be a huge American Idol fan. And, a troll.

Thank You

It's a good song, but not really one I can see working out live. They should have played it 25 years ago to figure it out.

Maybe they'll at least play DM in Dublin, they have to do something special, and Bad might be played tonight... so, even if its just once, don't waste the rehearsal... that is unless you want to play Acrobat randomly in Dublin.

Bono told somebody they'd play it at the 2nd Amsterdam show. But they did not. However, they did debut Bad and Until the end of the world, so that's pretty awesome. I'm hoping that Drowning Man makes it debut in Dublin, and I hope Electrical Storm gets played again. I hope U2 play a 30+ song set in Chicago so I can hear all these songs live! Also, play Stand Up Comedy already!

Back
Top Bottom