Will Gone make an appearance now that MJ has passed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coach

War Child
Or will there be Michael snippets?? His music Is an undeniable legacy. I see them playing gone for him. Or dedicating in a little while to him. Maybe with I remember you from the ramones.

Or will there be Michael snippets?? His music Is an undeniable legacy. I see them playing gone for him. Or dedicating in a little while to him. Maybe with I remember you from the ramones.

That'd be cool, MJ is definitely a legend - biggest of our time.

I can see at least one or two references in the first few Europe shows, but I don't know that they'll keep it up for the whole tour.

^ I would have loved to see them do Smooth Criminal (properly, not like that garbage Alien Ant Farm put out!)

B with the falsetto, Adam groovin the bass. Would be sweet.

Like when the Pope died just after Vertigo started and Bono talked about him for a few shows.

^ this is relevant to more people than the pope.

is it more relevant to bono? Bono seemed to have a pretty big soft spot for JP II. I'm sure MJ will hit hard in the industry, but to say he's more relevant especially at his current stage before he died than JP II is a stretch.

BAD/man in the mirror snippet.

I am actually a bit sad about this news. stayed up till late. :|

I can see at least one or two references in the first few Europe shows, but I don't know that they'll keep it up for the whole tour.

THIS

I was at the show the day the Pope died. (Anaheim 1)

When Joey Ramone died, I believe they were in San Jose or N.Calif., and were heading down to S.Calif., and they still talked about Joey and In A Little While and how that was the last song Joey heard before he passed away, followed by the song.

When Joey Ramone died, I believe they were in San Jose or N.Calif., and were heading down to S.Calif., and they still talked about Joey and In A Little While and how that was the last song Joey heard before he passed away, followed by the song.

Plus they started doing I Remember You.

After Hutchence died, we got some INXS snippetry (Never Tear Us Apart) and MLK. After Princess Diana died, MLK too.

I doubt Gone has anything to do with this at all. Snippetry I can see happen. Anyone Remember, I think it was ZooTv Dublin where he talked about MJ before Bad? :hmm:

Perhaps IALW, perhaps snippets.

My guess would be Bad.

And I know it's about MLK but MLK would also be a possibility. In fact, I'd think it could be really beautiful.

That connection to Gone is pretty spot on, though Bono might feel it's not his place to ascribe his own problems with stardom on to someone who suffered its downside with much harsher consequences.

I wouldn't complain about that song returning to heavy rotation, though.

First 10 songs of the night or rather how I would book it :wink:

1. Magnificent
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Get On Your Boots
4. Breath
5. Gone (MJ tribute)
6. Beautiful Day
7. Drowning Man
8. In A Little While
9. Unknown Caller
10. The Unforgettable Fire

I remember a Dublin show where michael jackson was mentioned (before bad). I think it was around the time of zooropa. Does anybody know if they ever met? Are there pictures?

Its a sad day indeed. You can say what ever you want, but MJ was a legend and will be missed.

I remember a Dublin show where michael jackson was mentioned (before bad). I think it was around the time of zooropa. Does anybody know if they ever met? Are there pictures?

Its a sad day indeed. You can say what ever you want, but MJ was a legend and will be missed.

it went something like: "to michael jackson, I don't believe you're bad. Guilty before you have been given a chance man". and yes it was dublin aug 1993

man my memory is still :rockon:

I believe there's something about him in the At the end of the world book. Maybe I'm making this up, but at some point MJ made a bid for the rights to own U2's music, much like he did The Beatles'. There's also insight on the Macphisto speech from Syndey. The "Goodbye Michael" was followed by something to do with his penis, but I can't remember exactly what it was. But on the night Bono decided to skip that, and when straight on to "goodbye all you neonazis...." .

I'm thinking of IALW-Man in the mirror snippet as well.

I believe there's something about him in the At the end of the world book. Maybe I'm making this up, but at some point MJ made a bid for the rights to own U2's music, much like he did The Beatles'. There's also insight on the Macphisto speech from Syndey. The "Goodbye Michael" was followed by something to do with his penis, but I can't remember exactly what it was. But on the night Bono decided to skipped that, and when straight on to "goodbye all you neonazis...." .

I'm thinking of IALW-Man in the mirror snippet as well.

the bid on MJ on U2's catalogue is not true :wink:
he had planned to say a bit more to MJ but decided not to do that I believe

Back
Top Bottom