Why no Stand Up Comedy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean come on, this song is easily one of the best U2 songs in a long time. In my top 3 off the new album, and has it ever been played?

Keep your fingers crossed, that they do serach for a more uptempo rocker in the set – and finally play this great tune in 2010. SAC with two guitars could develop in another moment kind of like "The Fly".:up:

Not playing this song gives me hope that U2 will stop writing dumbed down versions of songs... Looking back at the FEZ videos this song had potential.

i think it's mostly due to the fact that its sister song "Stand Back" is rumored to be on Songs of Ascent.

i think it's mostly due to the fact that its sister song "Stand Back" is rumored to be on Songs of Ascent.

:love:

You've got to stand back
A couple steps
My friend and I have been in line for hours

Come on ye people
Stand back and don't shove!

Shove! Shove! Shove! Shove! Shove!

Pushin' shovin' people move on back
No pushin' shovin' people on Blue Craic
C'mon, ye people
We're made of stars
C'mon, ye people
Stand back, be patient, and don't shove!

Cause you'll fall down
If you don't stand back and you shove!

Out from under your rafts
C'mon ye people

You've got to stand back
A couple steps

Come on ye people

C'mon, ye people
We're made of stars
C'mon, ye people

Cause you'll fall down

C'mon ye people

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

You've got to stand back
A couple steps

Come on ye people

C'mon, ye people
We're made of stars
C'mon, ye people

Cause you'll fall down

C'mon ye people

:lmao: That is made of so much win! :love:

You've got to stand back
A couple steps

Come on ye people

C'mon, ye people
We're made of stars
C'mon, ye people

Cause you'll fall down

C'mon ye people

:lol::lol: Awesome!

Count this and Even Better Than The Real Thing as the 2 songs I am most shocked about not hearing this tour.

I am betting both will come up at some point. SUC especially since Unknown Caller has gone away.

I could see SUC being a big part of next summer's tour. I'm not familiar enough with SOA to know what's coming, but SUC is CERTAIN to suck the crowd into it.

M

But if SOA comes out before the next leg leg of the tour I don't think they'll debut any more NLOTH songs.

Ya Never know. Bruce is on his 3rd (and final) leg and FINALLY debuted What Love Can Do from Working on a Dream....

I know U2 is not Bruce in terms of set list flexibility, but you never know is exactly the attitude I have taken with regards to U2 ever since we got half of Boy, Gloria, Miss Sarajevo and The First Time on Vertigo!

I know U2 is not Bruce in terms of set list flexibility, but you never know is exactly the attitude I have taken with regards to U2 ever since we got half of Boy, Gloria, Miss Sarajevo and The First Time on Vertigo!

Yeah, me too.... but so far 360 just doesn't seem to have the flexibility and risk taking that Vertigo had....

Yeah, me too.... but so far 360 just doesn't seem to have the flexibility and risk taking that Vertigo had....

They played a non U2 album song that was only on a U2 album as b-side of a best of. How is that not taking a risk? :scratch:

I really hope they'll play SUC next legs. Sounds like an awesome stadium rocker to me! :up: Instead of Elevation I can surely live with!

It is a great song. Most people on Interference don't seem to like it, but I sure do. Wish they would play it instead of Elevation!

I really hope they'll play SUC next legs. Sounds like an awesome stadium rocker to me! :up: Instead of Elevation I can surely live with!

Exactly. Elevation is fun (less so after 3 tours), but SUC would work so well!

M

They played a non U2 album song that was only on a U2 album as b-side of a best of. How is that not taking a risk? :scratch:

It's one song. They played a lot more songs that most people in the audience had never heard before on the Vertigo tour. And since YBR was included on the best of 1990-2000 disc, there were probably actually more people in the audience who owned the track than did An Cat Dubh or The Ocean.

Guys, it's so obvious -- they are trying to stay away from playing songs that suc.

;)

It's one song. They played a lot more songs that most people in the audience had never heard before on the Vertigo tour. And since YBR was included on the best of 1990-2000 disc, there were probably actually more people in the audience who owned the track than did An Cat Dubh or The Ocean.
YBR was on the 1990-2000 B-Sides disc, which was probably sold a few dozen copies in the United States.

Regardless, I prefer the setlist I experienced in Houston to just about any Vertigo setlist, so they could play that every night and I'd be thrilled.

YBR was on the 1990-2000 B-Sides disc, which was probably sold a few dozen copies in the United States.

Regardless, I prefer the setlist I experienced in Houston to just about any Vertigo setlist, so they could play that every night and I'd be thrilled.

The performance when I saw them in Foxboro was fantastic! And a friend of mine who was at the Houston show tells me it was wild!

But I'm pretty sure more copies of the 2 disc best of have sold than copies of Boy had sold in the 5 years before the re-master........:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom