Why no "Gastonbury" - the song? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-25-2011, 06:34 AM   #1
The Fly
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Geraardsbergen, Belgium
Posts: 60
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Why no "Gastonbury" - the song?

Why didn't they play the song they wrote for the festival?
__________________

Jilet_sensor is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:35 AM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,934
Local Time: 01:08 PM
hopefully because they've forgotten about it.
__________________

coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:37 AM   #3
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 02:08 AM
I think they weren't entirely happy with it. Too bad, it was pretty good live.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:41 AM   #4
The Fly
 
TheEdge_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 213
Local Time: 12:08 AM
There would be complete silence in the crowd if they played that. A standing on the roof on Independence day looking at the spacship, mouth open moment, thinking WTF!!!
TheEdge_92 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:42 AM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,934
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge_92 View Post
There would be complete silence in the crowd if they played that. A standing on the roof on Independence day looking at the spacship, mouth open moment, thinking WTF!!!
admittedly, the crowd was singing along to stay more than any usual u2 audience. i think glastonbury would have gone down a treat.
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:43 AM   #6
The Fly
 
TheEdge_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 213
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
admittedly, the crowd was singing along to stay more than any usual u2 audience. i think glastonbury would have gone down a treat.
Did you hear the silence when they played MOS???
TheEdge_92 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #7
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge_92 View Post
Did you hear the silence when they played MOS???
Did you hear the entire crowd sing a verse of Bad?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,934
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge_92 View Post
Did you hear the silence when they played MOS???
i must have caught a different version of glastonbury from you.
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #9
The Fly
 
TheEdge_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 213
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Did you hear the entire crowd sing a verse of Bad?
I did actually, there bound to sing a long to that.
TheEdge_92 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:48 AM   #10
The Fly
 
TheEdge_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 213
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
i must have caught a different version of glastonbury from you.
You must of been watching 360 mate.
TheEdge_92 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,934
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge_92 View Post
You must of been watching 360 mate.
when you're ready to join us on what actually happened earlier today, i'll join you in a debate.
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:50 AM   #12
The Fly
 
TheEdge_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 213
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
when you're ready to join us on what actually happened earlier today, i'll join you in a debate.
I was watching it live on tv mate, not on an online stream.
TheEdge_92 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:56 AM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,934
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge_92 View Post
I was watching it live on tv mate, not on an online stream.
ok. you're right i'm wrong. silly me! if you honestly think that stay and moment of surrender got less of a reaction than they did on 360 dates, then good for you son.
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:58 AM   #14
The Fly
 
TheEdge_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 213
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
ok. you're right i'm wrong. silly me! if you honestly think that stay and moment of surrender got less of a reaction than they did on 360 dates, then good for you son.
I thought Stay was one of the highlights of lastnight. But MOS certainly got a lesser reaction than say ONE.
TheEdge_92 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 07:00 AM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,934
Local Time: 01:08 PM
shit, i'm sorry for my sarcasm, it came off worse than i meant it to.

based on my personal experiences, moment of surrender went over better than i can remember.

can they do glasto 2013 as well?
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 07:02 AM   #16
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge_92 View Post
I did actually, there bound to sing a long to that.
How are they bound to sing along to Bad, which is also a non single track, and not with MOS?

Actually, most of the crowd DID sing along to MOS from what I heard. And I also watched it on TV. Weird, my tv must've had some additional crowd noise then.



And for the record. It's THEY're. Not There. There points to a location.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 07:03 AM   #17
The Fly
 
TheEdge_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 213
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
shit, i'm sorry for my sarcasm, it came off worse than i meant it to.

based on my personal experiences, moment of surrender went over better than i can remember.

can they do glasto 2013 as well?
I think they can. I think the band Pulp played 1995 and then again 1998.
TheEdge_92 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,934
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge_92 View Post
I think they can. I think the band Pulp played 1995 and then again 1998.
only thing is, i don't think they'd be as nervous again, and that would lose a lot of what i loved about this morning.

and anyone who says larry fucked up even better than the real thing - i nearly jizzed over his drumming early in the set.
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #19
The Fly
 
TheEdge_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 213
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
How are they bound to sing along to Bad, which is also a non single track, and not with MOS?

Actually, most of the crowd DID sing along to MOS from what I heard. And I also watched it on TV. Weird, my tv must've had some additional crowd noise then.



And for the record. It's THEY're. Not There. There points to a location.
I disagree most of the crowd didn't sing along to MOS. MOS was not a single track aswell. Your wrong saying most of the crowd sang along with MOS.

And dont be a smart ass.
TheEdge_92 is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 07:07 AM   #20
The Fly
 
TheEdge_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 213
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
only thing is, i don't think they'd be as nervous again, and that would lose a lot of what i loved about this morning.

and anyone who says larry fucked up even better than the real thing - i nearly jizzed over his drumming early in the set.
If they play again, then they have to have time to prepare. They looked Knackered lastnight. I agree Larrys drummin was ammense, loved the way the volume on the drums was higher at the start aswell. (could of just been my tv)
__________________

TheEdge_92 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×