Which NLOTH song has made the biggest IMPROVEMENT live from its studio version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which NLOTH song has made the biggest IMPROVEMENT live from its studio version?

• Total voters

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
A member who cannot make polls asked me to start this thread for them and asked not to include Crazy since its been the remix version.

A member who cannot make polls asked me to start this thread for them and asked not to include Crazy since its been the remix version.

Crazy has improved the most exactly because of the remix.

Otherwise I'd say Unknown Caller. It's incredibly, spine-chillingly good.

Moment of Surrender.

I don't feel strongly about it on the album, but live it is chilling, thrilling and stellar.

Otherwise I'd say Unknown Caller. It's incredibly, spine-chillingly good.

UC - may fav song on the disc, but live it goes to another plane. It is slightly faster, and the outro chorus is gold

If for some strange, horrendous reason they don't add this back to the setlist, or decide that we US fans aren't worthy of hearing Unknown Caller, I may actually cry.

Moment of Surrender.

I don't feel strongly about it on the album, but live it is chilling, thrilling and stellar.

I'm really looking forward to hearing what they've done with this one as well.

must ... continue ... to resist ... hearing bootlegs! :crack:

Boots, with UC as a very close second. UC is actually my favorite NLOTH song at the moment, I think.

UC for me..I love it on the album..but I love it even more live..can't wait for them to play it in September :heart::hyper:

Unknown Caller for me.

On the album, I didnt really get the fuss. Outside of the Edge solo at the end, I always thought it was a good song, but nothing great or inspired like many others seem to think. Live, it is far superior.

Moment of Surrender just has the passionate outpouring gospel type sound live, even more so than the studio version. This is another big improvement, though the album version is great as well. I think MOS has the chance to be the same kind of intense live tune as Bad and Love is Blindness when they finally get it down fully.

Honestly I wouldn't say any of them needed improving, except SUC and it hasn't appeared yet.

NLOTH, Mag, UC, Breathe, and MOS are great studio tracks, I think saying UC has made the biggest improvement makes it sound like it wasn't great, I think its been the biggest surprise as a live highlight, but I very much liked it already. I'd definitely pick Boots, because the arrangement has improved since the promo shows immensely. MOS features such an incredible vocal performance on the album, its going to be near impossible to replicate that night to night throughout the whole 7 minute song, occasionally its lifted off the ground, but its not there yet, for me.

It's a tough call, but I'd have to say Boots actually -- the reason being I love all the other songs on the album to begin with, whereas the live shows have taken my relatively low opinion of Boots and made it hit the ceiling. Even initial haters are admitting that it kills live.

Good job guys. :up:

My vote goes for boots, so much energy and its as if they have added some techno tune on the chorus, it seemed a bit flat on the promo tour, and everyone was worried because they knew it was a weak track, and performing in front of the public was worrying, but when your at a u2 concert, you dont give a shit if the song is crap or great, you just rock out, and theres no pressure on the band, on the promo they needed to make an impression, but in the concert, there relaxed and enjoy themselves.

thanks for starting this Sicy!! :hug:

Crazy has improved the most exactly because of the remix.

i vote for Crazy Tonight.

C'mon guys..maybe I'd also vote 'Crazy', but it's not on this poll.

Where's Crazy?.

for those wondering about Crazy Tonight, I just felt it's not the same song as the one on the album....by ANY stretch of the imagination! you can't compare what we've been hearing on the tour to the album version. it would make more sense to compare it to the studio version of the remix which it's based on.

and if you guys don't agree with that logic, just think of this as a poll askin for which song has made the biggest improvement OTHER than crazy tonight! :wave:

None. Album version of the songs are great and most of times, the live performances can't reach the perfection of those jewels. The title track is interesting live, as well as GOYB, but can't beat the album version, it is the only one that comes close to the quality album version.

thanks for starting this Sicy!! :hug:

for those wondering about Crazy Tonight, I just felt it's not the same song as the one on the album....by ANY stretch of the imagination! you can't compare what we've been hearing on the tour to the album version. it would make more sense to compare it to the studio version of the remix which it's based on.

and if you guys don't agree with that logic, just think of this as a poll askin for which song has made the biggest improvement OTHER than crazy tonight! :wave:

ok, fair enough. then i voted for GOYB. not sure why UC is getting so many votes. the album version is already one of their best songs ever.

Back
Top Bottom