Which NLOTH song has made the biggest IMPROVEMENT live from its studio version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which NLOTH song has made the biggest IMPROVEMENT live from its studio version?

• Total voters
Boots. I love Breathe but it was a huge disappointment hearing it live.

Unfortunately, I don't really feel that the songs have really improved live. (Then again, for the first time in a while, the majority of the studio tracks were well produced and can stand on their own). These songs are amazing, but right now the band still doesn't seem tight enough and they haven't done anything special to improve on the songs live. I guess my vote would go to the title track though, the faster tempo and guitar instead of keyboard during the chorus is a nice change up.

Oh, and I would REALLY like to hear Stand Up Comedy, and I do think Fez would be a great opener leading into No Line or Breathe or Magnificent.

They figured out Get on Your Boots, which is a bigger stride than they could've taken with the others.

its boots . the studio version is good, yet awkward, weird, not commercially accessible, off putting. the live version makes me wanna kick over my desk. in a good way. the "let me in the sound" part ranks up their with most stellar live moments this decade. and live, the guitar tone changes are way better. its not even close. the only way i would challenge this is if they did a stripped down version of cedars(that lead into exit).

Unfortunately, I don't really feel that the songs have really improved live. (Then again, for the first time in a while, the majority of the studio tracks were well produced and can stand on their own). These songs are amazing, but right now the band still doesn't seem tight enough and they haven't done anything special to improve on the songs live. I guess my vote would go to the title track though, the faster tempo and guitar instead of keyboard during the chorus is a nice change up.
100% Agreed.

They figured out Get on Your Boots, which is a bigger stride than they could've taken with the others.

Totally agree :up:

I say Boots and Crazy, since these are my least favourite songs on the album and they absolutely rock live.

NLOTH is amazing live. But the truth is that there isn't much to improve about the rest because they are already great, and I don't need them to improve. I love the songs the way they are.

SUC has to become part of the set sooner or later.

If for some strange, horrendous reason they don't add this back to the setlist, or decide that we US fans aren't worthy of hearing Unknown Caller, I may actually cry.

I'm really looking forward to hearing what they've done with this one as well.

Same here. :sad:

I'd say Boots live is the biggest improvement. :up:

i think NLOTH is lacking a tad bit live. I think they are not sure how to approach it live. It lacks a little kick the studio version does. breathe is the same for me. It just shouldn't be the opener. Really have no complaints about the other songs.

i think NLOTH is lacking a tad bit live. I think they are not sure how to approach it live. It lacks a little kick the studio version does. breathe is the same for me. It just shouldn't be the opener. Really have no complaints about the other songs.

NLOTH is much more rockier live than it's on the album. It always sounds like a mixture of the album and the alternative version to me. It's not the atmospheric song it's on the album, but I think the way they're doing it live is really good and fits the setting. Love the more energetic vibe it has and at the concerts I went to people were really into it, singing along and such.

NLOTH is much more rockier live than it's on the album. It always sounds like a mixture of the album and the alternative version to me. It's not the atmospheric song it's on the album, but I think the way they're doing it live is really good and fits the setting. Love the more energetic vibe it has and at the concerts I went to people were really into it, singing along and such.

exactly! agree with everything u said. initially I also thought it didn't have the same kick as the album version, but after listening to a few good boots iv really fallen in love with this. it has the kick which the alternative version lacks, and the upbeat tempo which the album version lacks. the end result is pretty fucking good! :heart:

Boots is the most logical answer, as it's the crappiest song of them all. Therefore anything they do live with it will be immensely better and I'm thinking I'll end up liking it live (like Vertigo, Elevation, ABOY, etc). Pretty hard to improve upon the perfection of the other songs offered as choices. Maybe NLOTH. Magnificent would be better if it were done in the remix style, but then it wouldn't be included in this poll (using the exclusion of CT as a baseline).

:drool: NLOTH is becoming one of my all-time favourite, speaking live performances.

And GOYB is getting there, too. Love that intro and the "Let me In the Sound" part! :heart:

This is going to sound dumb but are they doing the 'awards show' version with the let me in the sound intro for GOYB? Or the basic album one? I haven't bothered to listen to be honest.

yes it starts out with the let me in the sound intro, then Bono sings ode to joy a little as larry starts drumming....and then the guitar kicks in and off we go

the ode to joy da daas are bloody brilliant! :up:

Back
Top Bottom