What's most likely to get played out of these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarvio

War Child
I know that these 10 songs are not likely to be played, but what order would you put these songs in, in order of how LIKLELY you THINK they will be played this tour?

I stress, NOT how much you HOPE, BUT how likely you THINK they'll be played.

Here are the songs:
A Sort Of Homecoming
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Two Hearts Beat As One
If God Will Send His Angels
Last Night On Earth
Red Hill Mining Town
Acrobat
In God's Country
One Tree Hill
When I Look At The World

I will post my likelihood list after a few people have posted theirs.

BTW, really pleased that The Unforgettable Fire is finally being played, and that Walk On was revived!

#1) If God Will Send His Angles
#2) Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
#3) Last Night On Earth
#4) In God's Country
$5) One Tree Hill
#6) A Sort Of Homecoming
#7) When I Look At The World
#8) Two Hearts Beat As One
#9) Acrobat
#10) Red Hill Mining Town

IGWSHA was rehearsed, so that has to be near the top. In God's Country was played on Elevation and One Tree Hill on Vertigo, plus U2 is sticking with more midtempo 80s stuff right now, so those are semi-likely to make an appearance.

ASOH would be :drool: though.

Well there were reports that they have rehearsed IGWSHA...

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. In that case, here's my likelihood of being played list:

1 - If God Will Send His Angels - As it's been rehearsed...

2 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - Well it was played a few times on Vertigo, and snippets on Elevation, and as UV(LMW) has popped up this tour, I wouldn't be too suprised if Horses did too...

3 - A Sort Of Homecoming - As TUF has returned, I think ASOH might have a chance for this reason...

4 - Last Night On Earth - It's not been played for a while, I think it has a fair chance of popping up...

5 - In God's Country - Not been played for a while, but was never totally forgotten, so maybe has a slight chance...

6 - One Tree Hill - Same as above...

7 - Two Hearts Beat As One - I think the chances are pretty slim and we're unlikely to ever see the return of THBAO, but you never know, it was a single afterall and I think it's possible, just not that likely...

8 - When I Look At The World - It would be great, but unfortunately very unlikely to happen. They have only ever played snippets of this song and seems to be forgotten. Always hope though...

9 - Acrobat - This and RHMT have no chance basically. Never been played live and probably never will. However, Acrobat ranks higher than RHMT because I think Acrobat fits the set more, and hopefully U2 could suprise the hell out of us by playing this...

10 - Red Hill Mining Town - I don't think it has a chance at all unfortunately. Even Bono said he couldn't sing it live...

I know that these 10 songs are not likely to be played, but what order would you put these songs in, in order of how LIKLELY you THINK they will be played this tour?

1. If God Will Send His Angels
2. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
3. In God's Country
4. A Sort of Homecoming
5. One Tree Hill
--------------------------------------
6. Two Hearts Beat as One
7. Last Night on Earth
8. Acrobat
9. When I Look at the World
10. Red Hill Mining Town

IGWSHA is the most likely, it's been rehearsed. WGRYWH has been played the most since its original tour. IGC and ASOH are distant possibilities, the latter moreso if they release the remastered UF. OTH seems to be relegated to New Zealand only, but you never know.

Two Hearts hasn't been played in forever, can't see them breaking it out. Edge has said they're not going to play LNOE again (though his reasoning makes no sense). Acrobat, WILATW, and RHMT have never been played ever, so there's no reason to think they will break them out for no reason.

1. If God Will Send His Angels
2. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
3. In God's Country
4. A Sort of Homecoming
5. One Tree Hill
--------------------------------------
Edge has said they're not going to play LNOE again (though his reasoning makes no sense).

Oh I hadn't heard that. What did he say?

-IGWSHA
-WGRYWH
v
v
v
-IGC/ASOH
v
v
v
-OTH
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
THBAS/LNOE
v
v
v
v
v
(Tied for never)
WILATW/Acrobat/RHMT

Cant recall but many years ago I read in an interview saying Edge hated playing Two hearts beat as one, so I would put that last...

1. Wild Horses
2. A Sort of Homecoming
3. If God Will Send His Angels
4. One Tree Hill
5. Last night on Earth

The rest has no chance

if god will send his angels stands the best chance if it's been rehearsed.

that said, who's to say they thought "yeah that sounds great! BOY, i've missed that song we'll play it next week." not to be a cynical bastard but they could easily have rehearsed it, decided they didn't like it or it didn't "fit". Hope it does get rolled out at some point though.

i would fall out of my chair right at the top of the stadium :)reject:) if they played Last Night On Earth. that song was made to be played live full blast as the mexico city performance proves :drool::drool:

one tree hill's a possibility (not that I KNOW - sorry to talk as if i've ASKED them and am relaying word straight from the band, you know what I mean though) as they did play it last time, but I think and i kind of hope U2 think as well, that it was a one off thing, like a special song to play again since they hadn't been to New Zealand for such a long time and as i typed that I remembered they played it in japan straight after haha. disregard!

i'm not sure people are clamouring for it to be played, more accepting it's the most LIKELY to be played :huh:

IGC wont be played. Bono couldnt hit those notes on lovetown, so I doubt he is up to that challenge. I am not too fond of IGWSHA but I think it is most likely since it has been rehearsed ..and I really think Acrobat is a possibility, an extremely small possibility, but one nonetheless. I hope they play it!!

I didn't even realize they played One Tree Hill that recently. But do they only play that in Auckland as a tribute? I'd go crazy if they played that song.

My favorite song of theirs was Wild Horses and I got to see that live last tour in Boston --- sweetness.

Back
Top Bottom