What songs should stay next year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey788

Refugee
In the past couple months, I've seen plenty of threads asking what should be added/taken away from the 360 set for next year. Here's the flip side: what do you think U2 should keep in the setlist?

First off, I think they should keep a good number of NLOTH songs. Maybe they can shuffle them in the set but many tracks of the album are going down well live and should stick around.

Secondly, the entire segment from The Unforgettable Fire to Sunday Bloody Sunday works brilliantly and belongs in the set every night, especially the Crazy Tonight remix. I'd love Ultraviolet to stay as well.

So what does everyone else think? Which tracks should stay in the setlist for 2010?

Basically what you said... as many NLOTH songs as they can (MOS especially), Ultraviolet, TUF->SBS (even including Vertigo, because it fits in as a good bridge between COBL and Crazy Tonight). Also, I'd love to see YBR appear again next year, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The setlist will most likely remain the same with a few minor changes, maybe a new song here and a rearranging of a few... but either way, I'm pumped for what's next...

CRAZY. I want more of that, most def. Also liked pretty much all NLOTH songs save for Magnificent live, so I'd like to keep those. Ultra Violet and UF, yes please! Hm and as Digi said TUF-> SBS is a nice bunch!

Take last show's set list and for me it could look like this:

1. Breathe OUT & TO BE REPLACED
Get On Your Boots OUT & TO BE REPLACED
Magnificent IN & TO BE PLAYED BETTER
Mysterious Ways OUT & TO BE REPLACED
Beautiful Day IN & TO BE PLAYED BETTER
I Still Haven't Found... IN
Stuck In A Moment... OUT & TO BE REPLACED
No Line On The Horizon OUT & TO BE REPLACED
Elevation IN
In A Little While OUT & TO BE REPLACED
Unknown Caller IN
Until The End... IN & TO BE PLAYED BETTER
The Unforgettable Fire IN
City Of Blinding Lights OUT & TO BE REPLACED
Vertigo IN & TO BE PLAYED BETTER
I'll Go Crazy... OUT & TO BE REPLACED
Sunday Bloody Sunday OUT & TO BE REPLACED
MLK IN
Walk On OUT & TO BE REPLACED

encore(s):
One / Amazing Grace IN & TO BE PLAYED BETTER
Where The Streets... IN
Ultra Violet IN & TO BE PLAYED BETTER
With Or Without You OUT & TO BE REPLACED
Moment of Surrender IN

13 song slots can stay (with more energetic performance!), 11 have to go and to be replaced. Lot of work for the rehearsals ...

I think they should mix up the 'remix' slot. Crazy remix is awsome, but maybe they can play the original version and throw in EBTTRT remix, and DEFINATELY LWTSH and Salome remixs rotating

I only have two setlist replacements. Mysterious Ways should be played far more often and WITH THE EPIC SLIDE SOLO, and the screen during Vertigo should display the amazing red swirling disc video they used during the Vertigo Tour instead of just having the white strobing and the band rotating around on it. Otherwise the Setlist they played in Dublin on the 27th was absolute gold.

I don't disagree with much here. Keep all of the NLOTH songs they have been playing:

-Definitely find a new slot for Breathe and play Magnificent a little better.

-UF-SBS worked brilliantly. Don't mess with that.

-If it was not mentioned above, then it should not be a sacred cow or 3rd rail or what have you, unless it is called Streets or Ultraviolet.

-Though I would not stay home if MW or One or Walk On are played( I would much prefer they be played better), I really think the set needs to lose alot of what was played on legs 1 and 2 in order to be fresh and revitalized like Edge talked about. To that end, staples like MW, BD, Still Haven't Found, One, WOWY, Stuck and Elevation need to be re evaluated just like Bullet and Pride have been.

-As we all know, the list of what stays can not be 18 or 19 songs long if we are talking about adding in SOA songs, bringing back previously played songs like EBTTRT or IGC or LNOE or trying out some more NLOTH.

To stay in...
Breathe
Boots
Magnificent
Unknown Caller (Very unlikely)
Beautiful Day
Until The End Of The World (an essential live song in my opinion)
Unforgettable Fire (Though I'm not sure of its chances)
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
SBS
Streets
One
Ultraviolet (I really hope it stays in)
With or Without You
Moment of Surrender (Hopefully!)

To go...
Mysterious Ways
Elevation (Good live song, but good enough to justify it still keeping a place)
Stuck In A Moment
In A Little While

To come back...
Bad
The Fly
SOMETHING, ANYTHING FROM POP.
All I Want Is You
Hopefully a few rarities/unplayed tracks.

COBL & Vertigo should be dropped.
Magnificent shouldnt be played every night. I felt that one was definitely starting to lose its energy.
I hope they keep UV & UF & Crazy remix, it was sooo much fuN!

My vote goes to UltraViolet, Crazy Tonight Remix, MOS,TUF, Unknown Caller and NLOTH

Remove: In a Little While, Stuck and Elevation, oh and With or Without You

Insert: 3 songs from the new album and All I want is You (replacing WOWY) and two more rockers (electric Co, The Fly, Exit, Gloria, etc)

I've wanted them to drop WOWY now for about the last 4 tours. Be done with it. Maybe their best song ever on record. It hasn't gone off live since the JT tour, since the "shine like stars" thing.

COBL must stay. It's the new Streets. Vertigo must stay. Talk about going off! Love to hear Comedy. Love to see Fly come back. No Stuck. No While. I'd like to hear Gloria again. The surprise song? Surrender.

Following Zootvtourist's example.

Will the songs stay?

Breathe - I don't think so, and I don't want it to
Get On Your Boots - I think so, and I want it to
Magnificent - I think so, and I want it to
Mysterious Ways - I don't think so, but I want it to
Beautiful Day - I think so, but I don't want it to
I Still Haven't Found... - I think it will be less regular, but not disappear. And that's how it should be.
Stuck In A Moment... - I don't think so, and I don't want it to
No Line On The Horizon - I don't don't know about this one, but damnit this song should stay
Elevation - I think it will stay in rotation, but not every night. I don't want it to stay.
In A Little While - I don't think so, but I love this song and I want to hear it again.
Unknown Caller - I don't think so, but this should be a live staple and never leave the sets. Ever.
Until The End... - Much like I Still Haven't Found, this song should stay in rotation but not be a regular.
The Unforgettable Fire - I don't think so, but just this song is worth the price of admission. Please, U2, keep it.
City Of Blinding Lights - I think so, but I don't want it to.
Vertigo - No doubt that this will stay. And I want it to.
I'll Go Crazy... PLEASE KEEP THIS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - I don't know if they will.
Sunday Bloody Sunday I have no idea but I don't want this played every night.
MLK - It won't stay and I can live without it.
Walk On - I don't think so but it's a great song and it should stay in rotation.

encore(s):
One / Amazing Grace - Of course.
Where The Streets... - Of course.
Ultra Violet - I don't think so but I would like them to keep it in rotation.
With Or Without You - I want this to have a 'Bad' status. Keep it for every 10th concert or so. But that will never happen, and it will be played on every U2 show from now until the end.
Moment of Surrender - I think it will stay, and it better.

YOUR BLUE ROOM BETTER STAY IN ROTATION!!!:fist:
Electrical Storm should be played again as well.

Wishlist:

ASOH
Drowning Man
Fez/BB
Discothèque
Zooropa (a man can dream)

To stay:
Breath
No line on the horizon
Unknown caller
Ultraviolet
The Unforgettable fire
Vertigo
Streets

To go:
I still haven't found
With or without you
Stuck in a moment
Elevation
Mysterious ways

To come back:
Electrical Storm
Your blue room
Bad
ANYTHING from Pop

To stay:
Breath
No line on the horizon
Unknown caller
Ultraviolet
The Unforgettable fire
Vertigo
Streets

To go:
I still haven't found
With or without you
Stuck in a moment
Elevation
Mysterious ways

To come back:
Electrical Storm
Your blue room
Bad
ANYTHING from Pop

And please, please, give DROWNING MAN a chance, such a gem does not deserve to be buried!

I looked at the Boston set list (1st night) and here is my opinion:

Songs that have to stay:
Breathe
Get on Your Boots
Magnificent (got chills on this one) :hyper:
Beautiful Day
Elevation
I still Haven't Found What I am Looking For (has to stay - the whole crowd was singing!!!) :)
New Year's Day
The Unforgettable Fire
Vertigo
Crazy mix (love it!!!) :happydance:
Sunday Blood Sunday
Walk On
One
Where the Streets Have No Name :drool:
Moment of Surrender

Would love to hear:
Bad (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE in Montreal!)
Pride
Stay
Electrical Storm
Drowning Man
Songs from their upcoming album particularly Kingdom - let's see them play it live!!! :hyper:

MOS
UV
Crazy Tonight(Remix)
TUF
Magnificent
NLOTH

Would love to hear Electrical Storm and Drowning Man. Even though I heard the band soundcheck them in Dublin, I want to hear them in a show.

Where The Streets Have No Name

It is the only essential U2 live tune IMO. The rest of the set can be exchanged completely ...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom