What HTDAAB songs should be kept or dropped this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What HTDAAB songs should be kept or dropped on the 360 Tour?

• Total voters
Play Vertigo and COBL, maybe OOTS, and keep the rest in locked chest for the rest of your career.

Vertigo: Fun live but I wouldn't care if they dropped it
Miracle Drug: Drop. Good song, not the best live
SYCMIOYO: Drop, I liked it live more than in studio but the emotion of it can only last for so long
LAPOE: Keep, loved how they played this live one of the best songs on the album
COBL: Keep, seriously this song stays period
ABOY: Drop and rerelease Bomb without it please :)
AMAAW: Debut but only if it's full band, this song needs Adam's bass
CFYT: This could be awesome if they could play it...based on what I've heard drop
One Step Closer: Best song on the album would love to hear it live, worked in as an intro to another song maybe?
OOTS: I liked it with strings, the stripped down version did nothing for me, drop
Yahweh: Drop, it was kinda cool for the last tour but replace it with a new song
Fast Cars: Drop but play it sometimes, I don't think the band ever mastered it live

They will most likely keep vertigo; I never cared much for this album (I think everyone can agree HTDAAB is U2's most disapointed album), the best song was dropped off the album (Xanax and wine/Fast Cars). Would be nice to hear Xanax live though, but it'd never happen. I would rather they keep HTDAAB to one or two songs so they can open up room for better stuff.

Thanks Axver, I love polls :applaud:

Looks like I'm totally boring, & totally average :yawn:

I only voted to keep Vertigo (I know it will be played a lot, but I'm not fussed either way) & COBL.

I agree with you & think SYCMIOYO was very boring live. I wasn't too into it, so it gave me a chance to pull the camera out & get a few shots, I even let the girl behind me move up to the rail for the song.

I was thinking maybe play LAPOE a bit, but I may be biased, as it was a bit of a highlight for me, being on Adam's b-stage, with Larry on drums there, & Bono circling him, & even getting down on his knee & singing to the girl beside me :drool:

I'd rather they play a bit of Unforgettable Fire, I think it fits along the lines of this album quite well, UF, a Sort of Homecoming, Bad..... I can never get enough of Bad!

Might as well keep Vertigo.

One Step Closer would be a great way to kick off the second encore

1. One Step Closer
2. Breathe
3. Love Is Blindness

:up:

Since everyone seems to love COBL, where would you put it in the set? Obviously it's not going to open, and it can't be too closely sequenced with WTSHNN. It pushes a lot of the same buttons as that song, if you know what I mean. So it would be odd to close one set with one and open an encore with another.

It's a little puzzle.

I was desperate for the band to play crumbs on the last tour and although I love the song and consider it to be one of the best from the last album,it's obvious that they cannot do it justice live so I would imagine we wont hear it.

Really? I heard an excellent version done in Boston in December of 2005.

I would have them drop Vertigo but don't expect it to happen. Otherwise, I'd just keep COBL and maybe Crumbs.

According to the polls it seems that everyone wants to drop SYCMIOYO and Original of the Species.Why so?These two songs would be in U2's top 25-30 songs for me.I would say U2 will play Vertigo,SYCMIOYO,COBL,and Original of the Species on this tour.Vertigo and Blinding Lights has regulars and Sometimes and Species here and there.

According to the polls it seems that everyone wants to drop SYCMIOYO and Original of the Species.Why so?

Because they suck:

SYCMIOYO: DROP a thousand times over. Staggeringly boring. It didn't hold my interest at concerts I attended and I fell asleep during it on U2 3D.
[...]
OOTS: DROP. For the love of god! Never play this song again.

After looking at the results:
Poor " All because of you"...that thing needs a big hug

How about none of them. The whole album sucks.

You might be in luck, Edge says he doesn't want to play songs from the last 2 tours. Since the Vertigo Tour was kinda a throwback to the oldies, and U2.COM has reported only 5 NLOTH songs will be played.....I think we can assume we'll get more AB/Zooropa/Pop stuff, along with the staples, one of which being Vertigo...although I much prefer Xanax and Wine.

Back
Top Bottom