Vertigo Tour Set List vs 360 Set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bringing back So Cruel? :lol: When was that? I must'v emissed that!

Wild Horses is the only song I'm missing in the current set. It would've fit the AB theme.

But overall 360 pisses all over Vertigo's setlists for me. Almost all songs I would like them to play on a daily basis are on there.

Galeongirl said:

Wild Horses is the only song I'm missing in the current set. It would've fit the AB theme.

But overall 360 pisses all over Vertigo's setlists for me. Almost all songs I would like them to play on a daily basis are on there.

:lol: whoops sorry I always get that song confused with the first time :lol: They played The First Time which I thought was cool I also liked the version of Walk on(acoustic) on vertigo

Before this tour hit South America I'd agree Vertigo crapped all over 360, but now I'd have to say they're about equal. Both excellent tours setlist wise.

Really? Just Wild Horses? What about Electric Co, An Cat Dubh, Running To Stand Still, Zoo Station, Fast Cars, Discotheque, 40. Also continuing to play the best songs from the album they are supporting through at least most of the tour. Adding in Original Of The Species. Much better setlist flow, for the entire tour, instead of just one leg.

I like 360, but to dismiss Vertigo and say 360 pisses all over it is a bit of a stretch IMO. 360's stage is better than the Vertigo arena stage (obviously) But the stadium Vertigo stage was still pretty cool. But setlist wise the flow/pacing was overall way better for Vertigo over the entire tour. 360 has struggled up until the final leg to even find a good opening song and the pacing for the 2010 leg was abysmal to me. This leg the pacing is WAY better but they still dropped the best song from the new album, NLOTH, ridiculous.

I vote Vertigo and for that matter Elevation over 360 from the setlist content and flow perspective. I like 360 though, but I would rank it 3rd or 4th out of the tours I have seen from U2.

I was going to say 360 easily when I first came into the topic but then I went back and looked at some of my favorite shows from each tour and... Vertigo was pretty damn good. If I had to go only by shows that I actually went to, I would probably give the edge to 360, though it probably helps that I have had more memorable experiences on this tour. It was a hard choice however, when you have shows with The Electric Co and ZooTV encore, etc. :drool:

Actually, looking at U2gigs right now, I notice how similar two of my favorite shows I went to were...

Vegas#2 on Vertigo
1.City Of Blinding Lights
2.Vertigo / Rock 'N' Roll ****** (snippet) / The Message (snippet)
3.Elevation
4.Mysterious Ways / My Sweet Lord (snippet)
5.Until The End Of The World
6.I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7.Beautiful Day / All These Things That I've Done (snippet)
8.Miracle Drug
9.Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Torna A Surriento (snippet)
10.Love And Peace Or Else
11.Sunday Bloody Sunday
12.Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
13.Miss Sarajevo
14.Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15.Where The Streets Have No Name
16.One
encore(s):
17.Zoo Station
18.The Fly
19.With Or Without You
20.All Because Of You
21.In A Little While
22.Bad / People Have The Power (snippet

Anaheim#2 on 360
1.Even Better Than The Real Thing
2.The Fly
3.Mysterious Ways / Don't Speak (snippet) / I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (snippet)
4.Until The End Of The World / Anthem (snippet)
5.One
6.Amazing Grace (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / All You Need Is Love (snippet)
7.I Will Follow
8.Get On Your Boots / She Loves You (snippet)
9.I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
10.Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
11.Beautiful Day / Space Oddity (snippet)
12.Elevation / California Soul (snippet)
13.Pride (In The Name Of Love)
14.Miss Sarajevo
15.Zooropa
16.City Of Blinding Lights
17.Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
18.Miss You (snippet) / I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Discothèque (snippet) / Please (snippet)
19.Sunday Bloody Sunday
20.Scarlet
21.Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
encore(s):
22.Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
23.With Or Without You
24.Moment of Surrender / Jungleland

14 of the same songs were played both concerts, 6 years apart. U2 sure loves their hits. :lol:

Really? Just Wild Horses? What about Electric Co, An Cat Dubh, Running To Stand Still, Zoo Station, Fast Cars, Discotheque, 40. Also continuing to play the best songs from the album they are supporting through at least most of the tour. Adding in Original Of The Species. Much better setlist flow, for the entire tour, instead of just one leg.

I like 360, but to dismiss Vertigo and say 360 pisses all over it is a bit of a stretch IMO. 360's stage is better than the Vertigo arena stage (obviously) But the stadium Vertigo stage was still pretty cool. But setlist wise the flow/pacing was overall way better for Vertigo over the entire tour. 360 has struggled up until the final leg to even find a good opening song and the pacing for the 2010 leg was abysmal to me. This leg the pacing is WAY better but they still dropped the best song from the new album, NLOTH, ridiculous.

I vote Vertigo and for that matter Elevation over 360 from the setlist content and flow perspective. I like 360 though, but I would rank it 3rd or 4th out of the tours I have seen from U2.

I was speaking of AB songs mostly, but yeah. Wild Horses and Gone are the only two songs I'd really add to the set. The rest? Sure, it'd be nice to hear them a while, but I don't miss them.

And An Cat Dubh, RTSS, Fast Cars, OOTS live? Meh. Major meh.

360 stage is much better and the setlist has WAY more songs that I like. Next to that the band seems in much better spirits, since the back op Bono has been on fire, he looks amazing and sings much better too. WOWY is being sung again rather than spoken, One sounds good again...
So to ME it pisses all over vertigo in every possible way.

Fine if you don't feel the same. :shrug:

I was speaking of AB songs mostly, but yeah. Wild Horses and Gone are the only two songs I'd really add to the set. The rest? Sure, it'd be nice to hear them a while, but I don't miss them.

And An Cat Dubh, RTSS, Fast Cars, OOTS live? Meh. Major meh.

360 stage is much better and the setlist has WAY more songs that I like. Next to that the band seems in much better spirits, since the back op Bono has been on fire, he looks amazing and sings much better too. WOWY is being sung again rather than spoken, One sounds good again...
So to ME it pisses all over vertigo in every possible way.

Fine if you don't feel the same. :shrug:

Wow, Fast Cars and RTSS are just meh? What is so much better about One on this tour? That song is the same throughout IMO. I understand about WOWY. Not getting on you, I just completely disagree that 360 "pisses" all over any other U2 tour. I can see someone saying they prefer it or like it better. But THAT much better than anything they have done in their career, I respectfully and vehemently disagree completely. :shrug: It is a good tour, but there have been points that were just meh performance wise IMO. You mention the Bono's back, I actually thought the 2009 shows were better than the 2010 shows. These last shows are good with a good setlist. But U2 are on their usual end of tour cruise control right now. Nothing wrong with that, but for me, I could sort of tell after seeing them live so many times over so many tours. The 2009 shows were more raw or hungry to me if that makes sense.

Just curious, which Vertigo shows did you attend?

Vertigo in terms of early U2 representation in the setlist and 360 for 90s U2 representation..

360 by a mile

Wow, Fast Cars and RTSS are just meh? What is so much better about One on this tour? That song is the same throughout IMO. I understand about WOWY. Not getting on you, I just completely disagree that 360 "pisses" all over any other U2 tour. I can see someone saying they prefer it or like it better. But THAT much better than anything they have done in their career, I respectfully and vehemently disagree completely. :shrug: It is a good tour, but there have been points that were just meh performance wise IMO. You mention the Bono's back, I actually thought the 2009 shows were better than the 2010 shows. These last shows are good with a good setlist. But U2 are on their usual end of tour cruise control right now. Nothing wrong with that, but for me, I could sort of tell after seeing them live so many times over so many tours. The 2009 shows were more raw or hungry to me if that makes sense.

Just curious, which Vertigo shows did you attend?

Yes meh, in my opinion. I don't really care for those songs in particular.

What's better about One is that Bono is singing it properly again, and his guitar is actually audible. At a few shows I saw Bono actually did an intro bit that added really nicely to the song.
Perhaps my perspective is different because 360 have been my first shows, though I was not very impressed in 2009 with a lot. I hated One back then. But that changed with the 2010 shows a great deal.
To me the 2009 shows had a great lack of energy. It was like they didn't really enjoy themselves. I don't see how you claimed them to be so energetic, while for me they seemed lifeless. Compared to the rest of my shows in 2011 and 2010 it's just so not there. In 2010 they, especially Bono, had something to prove. That he was back, and still up to do his job. It was amazing to see what he still could do when he really wanted it. The energy was incredible and the mood great. To see him strut the stage during Stingray was great. Plus the setlists were much more to my liking as well. I'm probably the only one that liked Stingray - BD on here. And I loved all the new songs. Then 2011 was even better, with an even more awesome setlist. The energy at the Canadian shows I saw was just amazing. Almost like a show back home.

Yes meh, in my opinion. I don't really care for those songs in particular.

What's better about One is that Bono is singing it properly again, and his guitar is actually audible. At a few shows I saw Bono actually did an intro bit that added really nicely to the song.
Perhaps my perspective is different because 360 have been my first shows, though I was not very impressed in 2009 with a lot. I hated One back then. But that changed with the 2010 shows a great deal.
To me the 2009 shows had a great lack of energy. It was like they didn't really enjoy themselves. I don't see how you claimed them to be so energetic, while for me they seemed lifeless. Compared to the rest of my shows in 2011 and 2010 it's just so not there. In 2010 they, especially Bono, had something to prove. That he was back, and still up to do his job. It was amazing to see what he still could do when he really wanted it. The energy was incredible and the mood great. To see him strut the stage during Stingray was great. Plus the setlists were much more to my liking as well. I'm probably the only one that liked Stingray - BD on here. And I loved all the new songs. Then 2011 was even better, with an even more awesome setlist. The energy at the Canadian shows I saw was just amazing. Almost like a show back home.

Yeah, I guess it is about perspective, I will agree to disagree with you. Just for an example, something you point out as cool, Bono strutting around the ellipse on Stingray. I thought he kind of looked ridiculous. :shrug: I think the 2010 shows lack spirit because the opening sequence is one of their worst ever and they were no longer supporting NLOTH, it lacked focus as a result IMO. I think they got some focus on this last leg, with the Achtung Baby material, good opening song/sequence and setlist flow, but it was not until the last leg. I liked the first two legs of 360 better I guess simply because they were still playing the new material. Not playing NLOTH the song any longer is a definate fail by the band IMO. Typically what the band is most excited about and what is fresh to them is the new songs from the album the tour is suppose to be supporting. I think they were initially. :shrug:

Again, I'm not saying you are wrong for liking 360 the best, and it being your first tour, it has a more emotional tie for you obviously. But it pissing all over anything else they have done I think is a complete overstatement. Like I said, agree to disagree. :)

Well the 2009 leg were my first shows, and I didn't prefer those over the 2011 and 2010 shows. So I guess it's all down to personal taste.
I saw the 2009 shows as supporting NLOTH, the 2010 shows as experimental trying out new songs, and introducing the awesomeness of Batman. The 2011 shows were a 90s/AB fun fest. And since AB is my favourite album I guess that helps to enjoy it even more for me.

360 for me. Loved the AB stuff. Montreal #2 was a great setlist with OOC, Zooropa, All I want is You.....yummy! Maybe we can speculate what songs will be dropped on the next tour to make room for the new ones :)

Well the 2009 leg were my first shows, and I didn't prefer those over the 2011 and 2010 shows. So I guess it's all down to personal taste.
I saw the 2009 shows as supporting NLOTH, the 2010 shows as experimental trying out new songs, and introducing the awesomeness of Batman. The 2011 shows were a 90s/AB fun fest. And since AB is my favourite album I guess that helps to enjoy it even more for me.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing about the 2011 N. American setlists. It is very good. They are really only doing one more Achtung song on 360 over the Vertigo tour also on this leg. :shrug: 2010 was "decent" until the started dropping the new songs. Which was fairly quickly, once Glastonbury and Mercy were dropped permenantly, that leg was very average to me. Greatest hits with no focus. The other new songs done with any regularity (North Star and Every Breaking Wave) were kind of bland, maybe because they were just acoustic. HMTMKMKM is cool and I thought it was a good addition. But not at the expense of Ultraviolet. I guess I saw it enough in 97. I would rather have Ultraviolet in a heartbeat. Dropping The Unf. Fire was a bad move also, until they replaced it finally in 2011 with Zooropa.

2009, new material (incl. NLOTH, best song they have put out in awhile), Unf. Fire, Ultraviolet. Just thought it flowed better.

*I'm talking entire tours or legs here, not a single show. We all know on a given night, regardless, U2 can put on a show that rivals no one else.

Montreal 2 setlist for 360 was as close to perfection for me as you can get.:love: All it was missing was Bad and Wild Horses(which I saw during the Vertigo tour).

really? Just wild horses? What about electric co, an cat dubh, running to stand still, zoo station, fast cars, discotheque, 40. Also continuing to play the best songs from the album they are supporting through at least most of the tour. Adding in original of the species. Much better setlist flow, for the entire tour, instead of just one leg.

I like 360, but to dismiss vertigo and say 360 pisses all over it is a bit of a stretch imo. 360's stage is better than the vertigo arena stage (obviously) but the stadium vertigo stage was still pretty cool. But setlist wise the flow/pacing was overall way better for vertigo over the entire tour. 360 has struggled up until the final leg to even find a good opening song and the pacing for the 2010 leg was abysmal to me. This leg the pacing is way better but they still dropped the best song from the new album, nloth, ridiculous.

I vote vertigo and for that matter elevation over 360 from the setlist content and flow perspective. I like 360 though, but i would rank it 3rd or 4th out of the tours i have seen from u2.

totally! :d

Setlist-wise, the 2010 shows were the best IMO. It was the first time that U2 were actually really experimenting by playing new and unreleased material. 2009 wasn't bad, either, I loved that leg. They played a lot of rare stuff and most of NLOTH. Sadly, some of that got lost along the way. Vertigo was great when they played all the very old stuff and got a little more static in the last legs. The Australian leg 2006 was great in terms of Bono's vocal performance, but basically a greatest hits set.

This last meadowlands show kicked any of the 9 vertigo shows I saw squarely in the nuts, then pointed and laughed at those shows simply to further prove its dominance

*see my asterisk in my last comment.

My view is entire tours and/or legs not one show. I simply do not think 360 as an overall tour pissess all over any tour they have done since probably Joshua Tree. :shrug: Its a very good tour with a kick ass stage. I guess I prefer arena shows also so that may have something to do with my perspective.

Not responding to your comment but just in general. I think people are caught up in the emotion and hype of this tour right now. I guess the true test is in 10 years looking back if people will be saying the same thing. I guess time will tell.

People also told me I wouldn't love NLOTH as much anymore after it had been out more than a year..
I still love it as much as I did when I first heard it. Perhaps even more.

Back
Top Bottom