Ultraviolet = NLOTH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarcusOneTree

Acrobat
So does anyone else think that they're playing "Ultraviolet" because the rhythm of the guitar is a bit similar to that of "No Line On The Horizon" (the song)?

Also, if this is true, might we also expect "The Fly" to surface for the very same reason?

:hmm:

Well I'm glad you took the time to elaborate. :wink:

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that the songs are identical, just that there's a similarity in the guitar rhythm, which may have lead them to bring back "Ultraviolet"... for a thematic purpose, if you will.

With that same logic we'll see Acrobat because Breathe and Acrobat are the same count...

It's not really the same logic though: tempo and rhythm are two different things.

(At least, I'm assuming you mean tempo by "count"?)

Or do you mean the time signature/meter?

Either way, the similarity (between "Acrobat" and "Breathe") ends with the intro. :wink:

But rhythm is a superficial similarity. Thank you for proving my point once again.

You're getting good at this...

You're assuming the link the OP (Original Poster) is trying to make (regarding rhythm) extends automatically to count/tempo. That's the superficial similarity... as the OP has pointed out, the two cannot be equated automatically... they're two different things. You have to look deeper.

Sorry to have to spell this out for you, but you're constantly making this sort of mistake.

You're assuming the link the OP (Original Poster) is trying to make (regarding rhythm) extends automatically to count/tempo. That's the superficial similarity... as the OP has pointed out, the two cannot be equated automatically... they're two different things. You have to look deeper.

Sorry to have to spell this out for you, but you're constantly making this sort of mistake.

You have a problem with reading.

I FUCKING HATE ALL OF YOU!11!!1!!!!!1!!eleven!

NLOTH has been compared to every song known to man or God at this point.

You have a problem with reading.

Let the masses be the judges...

1. The OP is making a point about rhythm
2. You're assuming that whatever can be said about rhythm, can also be said about count/tempo
3. The OP and I are pointing out that the superficial similarity you're drawing between rhythm and count/tempo is not automatically just...

Let the masses be the judges...

1. The OP is making a point about rhythm
2. You're assuming that whatever can be said about rhythm, can also be said about count/tempo
3. The OP and I are pointing out that the superficial similarity you're drawing between rhythm and count/tempo is not automatically just...

Massive FAIL.

I said nothing about rhythm and tempo being the same.

I said:

But rhythm is a superficial similarity

So when you learn to read you'll understand what I was trying to say...

Which is that having the same rhythm is just as superficial of a similarity that having the same tempo is when it comes to this type of thread...

Try again tomorrow...

Massive FAIL.

I said nothing about rhythm and tempo being the same.

I said:

So when you learn to read you'll understand what I was trying to say...

Which is that having the same rhythm is just as superficial of a similarity that having the same tempo is when it comes to this type of thread...

Try again tomorrow...

Yes, BVS, except what you were "trying to say" was not applicable. I'm the one that first used the phrase "superficial similarity" in this thread. A conversation happens when someone says something, and another person says something in response... phrases need to be understood though. You misunderstood the meaning of "superficial similarity"... I saw that, I spelled it out for you on two occasions. Above, you're just telling me what how you interpreted "superficial similarity"... it doesn't matter. At best it's for another discussion...

Bottom line, both the OP and I pointed out your err.

God, get a room you two.....

coming back to the topic, yes, I thought of the exact same thing when I heard the first night's performance. there is definitely a similarity there. although I guess that shouldn't be that surprising, given that this is the band which believes in three chords and the truth after all....

BVS you're letting him in. Ignore him.

I actually think this is a better thread than the comparisons to TUF.

I hear way more AB onward stuff on the album than anything else.

Especially NLOTH!! Also, the guitar in the second verse of MOS..shoot me dead if that doesn't remind me of Love is Blindness or one of those dark Zoo guitar sounds. And the solo, also.

BVS you're letting him in. Ignore him.

Gvox, if you seriously can't see that BVS doesn't know what he's talking about, then you should reread the thread. BVS just won't let it go...

I have a strong feeling you're just sticking up for your ally but anyone who can read can see that BVS doesn't know what he's talking about...

He was replying to my use of "superficial similarity"
He missed my point. I clarified

My point = You can't auto-equate rhythm with count/tempo. The OP said the same

He's simply saying that, in his opinion, the two are superficially similar... maybe, but it's definitely not a given (see OP), and it's a reply based on a his misunderstanding of a phrase

Why can't he just let it go instead of continuing this silly debate with his continued misunderstanding and "fail" and the like?

Hm, I don't hear it. Just like the Fly/NLOTH comparisons. :scratch:

I'd love to hear U2's motivation for playing UF and UV again!

And Breathe and Acrobat are indeed both 6/8th, and have a similar intro. Besides that.. not much.

Yes, BVS, except what you were "trying to say" was not applicable. I'm the one that first used the phrase "superficial similarity" in this thread. A conversation happens when someone says something, and another person says something in response... phrases need to be understood though. You misunderstood the meaning of "superficial similarity"... I saw that, I spelled it out for you on two occasions. Above, you're just telling me what how you interpreted "superficial similarity"... it doesn't matter. At best it's for another discussion...

Bottom line, both the OP and I pointed out your err.

DO NOT be an idiot and try and tell me what I was trying to say... Like I've said before, reading comprehension skills: use them, context is key.

My point = You can't auto-equate rhythm with count/tempo. The OP said the same

He's simply saying that, in his opinion, the two are superficially similar... maybe, but it's definitely not a given (see OP), and it's a reply based on a his misunderstanding of a phrase

Why can't he just let it go instead of continuing this silly debate with his continued misunderstanding and "fail" and the like?

:lol:

You're the one with the misunderstanding and cannot let go...

Back
Top Bottom