U2 will have a new opening song in 2010, confirmed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Magnificent could work, but my money's on Boots. I thought before that it worked much too well as a 2nd song to put it 1st, but if they use a dramatic extended intro similar to this, it could work really well: YouTube - U2 - Get On Your Boots Live in London [HD - High Quality] Brit Awards 2009

This reminds me of ZOOTV, when Zoo Station opened the show. Imagine Bono comes out alone dramatically, this intro happens (instead of the British anthem, the American/Canadian anthem). EPICNESS. Boots would actually look great as an opener if they had this extended intro.

This reminds me of ZOOTV, when Zoo Station opened the show. Imagine Bono comes out alone dramatically, this intro happens (instead of the British anthem, the American/Canadian anthem). EPICNESS. Boots would actually look great as an opener if they had this extended intro.

That Brit Awards performance was superb- it was good to see Bono embracing his inner 'decadent rock star' again.

Would love to hear FEZ open up...I can close my eyes and just imagine the possibilites they could do with it as the opening song...:hyper: However, I would settle for Boots.

Err, scratch that thought of Boots x 2. What was I thinking... guess I just wanted to rub it in for those who can't stand the song.

Since first listening to the album I always thought F-BB was the perfect song to kick off the show, but at this point feel it will remain the opener that never was. Hopefully not. NLOTH, maybe with an extended intro, would totally slay, IMHO.

Totally agree, besides I read somewhere that they wanted it to be the first song in the album running order

1. Fez/Being Born
2. NLOTH
3. Magnificent
4. MOS
5. Unknown Caller
6. Boots
7. Crazy
8. White As Snow
9. Breathe
10. SUC
11. Cedars

^^^Album would have become a masterpiece :wink:

1. Fez/Being Born
2. NLOTH
3. Magnificent
4. MOS
5. Unknown Caller
6. Boots
7. Crazy
8. White As Snow
9. Breathe
10. SUC
11. Cedars

Boots, Crazy and SUC still don't fit (and kinda suck), no matter where they are positioned.

I can't believe they just dropped Breathe outright. Did people not like that song? Both me and my friend who went to the concert the last time they swung by Toronto love that song and its probably the favourite off the new album for both of us.

1. Fez/Being Born
2. NLOTH
3. Magnificent
4. MOS
5. Unknown Caller
6. Boots
7. Crazy
8. White As Snow
9. Breathe
10. SUC
11. Cedars

I would have liked:

1.FEZ/Being Born
2.NLOTH
3.Magnificent
4.MOS
5.Unknown Caller
6.Crazy Tonight
7.GOYB
8.SUC
9.Winter
10.White As Snow
11.Breathe
12.Cedars Of Lebanon

I like the Return of the Stingray instrumental song but not for the intro.To me it does not sound right after Space Oddity the way Soon did naturally.Also Soon/Breathe was a much better 1/2 punch than Stingray/Beautiful Day.Although I do think Breathe would be a better song to close out a main set the intro I think would be good would be either Space Oddity/Soon/Magnificent or Space Oddity/Soon/GOYB with that extended intro on either Magnificent or Boots.BTW there is a huge 20 second gap of silence right after Stingray and before BD.I really thinks that kills the shows flow and energy.

Back
Top Bottom