U2 Glastonbury Setlist Prediction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stop it with the name calling. calling people bitch and telling them to stfu isn't allowed.

i do agree though that everyone should just let it go.

My apologies for the name calling as I knew it was inappropriate.

Frankly, I was unsure what else to do as I felt disrespected and frustrated. This is the second thread in a row (after the Moz one was closed) that I attempted to contribute to where I was met with ridicule and thus had to deal with that old joke (which was not funny the first time) instead of being able to share. I was never the type to "pick on" people growing up and frankly never understood that mentality and thus am not adept at that type of "exchange."

I have been excited about Glasto since 2010 and wanted to have some fun and get excited about the setlist.

Have not been posting here much in the past couple years and feel like I must have missed something as I don't ever remember it being like this.

Elementary school was a long time ago.

I'm sad to say that I'm done posting here for the foreseeable future as there is no point if I can't communicate with other U2 fans.

Take care and enjoy Glasto...

I would usually be in the Streets opening camp, but I think I agree with Larry. If you start with your best live song, where do you go from there? Everyone will be expecting it as well, it's a bit too predictable and I think it's good to keep people waiting and expecting it, so I think it should end the main set.

From their last concert at Anaheim and based on Adam's comments regarding Achtung Baby, I think the setlist will be something like:

1 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
2 - The Fly
3 - Mysterious Ways
4 - Until The End of the World
5 - One
6 - I Will Follow
7 - Beautiful Day
8 - Glastonbury
9 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
10 - Elevation
11 - New Year's Day
12 - Magnificent
13 - When Love Comes to Town with BB King?/Angel of Harlem/Desire
14 - City of Blinding Lights
15 - Vertigo
16 - Discotheque/Out of Control/Bullet The Blue Sky
17 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
18 - Pride (In The Name of Love)
19 - All I Want Is You-Running To Stand Still (best segue in Streets ever)
20 - Where The Streets Have No Name
---
21 - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
22 - With or Without You
23 - Bad/40

I think it will be a strongly influenced AB beginning. Beautiful Day won't be that late into the set, so song 7 seems as reasonable place. If BB King is willing to hang around, he could be a surprise guest and could that could lead to a few Rattle and Hum tunes, either full band or acoustic.
COBL, Vertigo and Discotheque might lead to a lull in the crowd, as it's not classic era U2, but then being Glasto, they might like the more current stuff, who knows.
U2 have enjoyed playing the trio Bullet, Sunday Bloody Sunday and Pride together before in some kind of rebellious part of the set, so that could happen. I mentioned Out of Control as a possibility, as they could bring in another early energetic tune, maybe Electric Co. is another one, even if either are not universally known.
The great segue between Running To Stand Still and Streets would be incredible, still my favourite transition between any two songs and done to perfection on Zoo TV. I also think a gradual transition from All I Want Is You would be great as well, I can definitely see that song being played at some point.
I went with HMTMKMKM as a kick ass start to the encore, they have to come out with something quite powerful and exciting. An alternative could be Zoo Station or Mofo, that would be incredible. With Or Without You is a given and Bad/40 would be a great way to finish. If Bad doesn't finish the set, it will definitely be included somewhere.

I really have a feeling that Streets will not be the opening song, as the band will be fearful of peaking too early. A gradual build up is more powerful and EBTTRT has been a great opener. Also, having Streets later on means they can segue into it and I think that's really powerful, rather than just playing it straight up.

I do think the wheel mic is more than a very good chance to be there at Glastonbury. It’s the one element of 360 they can transfer – I mean, it's not often there’s a major element of U2’s staging that can fit in someones hand luggage - and it is pretty unique/cool.

Agreed, after all they brought it with them to Saturday Night Light.

I had me dream last night:hyper:

1. Streets
2. Even Better Than The Real Thing
3. The Fly
4. UTEOTW
5. Glastonbury
6. New Year's Day
7. I Will Follow
8. Out of Control
9. Sunday Bloody Sunday
10. Pride
11. When love comes to town (with BB king)
12. Staring at the sun (Edge & Bono)
13. Beautiful Day
14. Magnificent
15. Bullet the blue sky
16. The Unforgettable Fire
17. City of blinding lights
18. Vertigo
19. HMTMKMKM
20 Ultraviolet
21. One
22. WOWY
23. Bad/40

Bono should snippet the Alarm's "Rain In The Summertime" a lot. Let's get some fresh snippets about rain in there, B-man!

can't they just play their music and move around on a normal stage instead of creating a mini 360? Oh well, as long as the setlist rocks its ass off, they could play in wheelchairs I guess....

Lets not be jumping to conclusions this is not u2's stage this is arcadia a feature already located at glastonbury

Lets not be jumping to conclusions this is not u2's stage this is arcadia a feature already located at glastonbury

OMG!!! U2 STOLE the idea for the CLAW!!! :angry:

:wink:

Seriously, what is Arcadia? (unfortunately I never had the pleasure of going to Glastonbury)

Its an arty type stage that is actually "360" and features pyro and other experimental lights, i belive it is made of nothing more than scrap metal

Its an arty type stage that is actually "360" and features pyro and other experimental lights, i belive it is made of nothing more than scrap metal

Thanks. have never seen it before.

If you never seen this thing one would say this is the stage.

I think they started using it about 2008 i know it has been relocated to another bigger field so its pretty popular

Some tracks currently missing from the 360 setlist which I would dearly love to hear (and see when watching Glastonbury on the TV) - Electric Co, Bullet the Blue Sky, No Line On The Horizon, Last Night On Earth, Bad, Glastonbury (I love Larry's drum part) & Boy Falls From The Sky.

Where it has new song i am wondering if that means a totally new song or one that hasnt been played on tour?

Maybe they are planning to keep the Achtung Baby opening sequence for the festival?

EBTTRT
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Until The End of the World
One
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
[New Song?]
Beautiful Day
Elevation

TheEdge25 said:
Maybe they are planning to keep the Achtung Baby opening sequence for the festival?

EBTTRT
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
One
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
[New Song?]
Beautiful Day
Elevation

Streets opening the encore?

EBTTRT
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
One
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
[New Song?]
Beautiful Day
Elevation

I think they will. As for Crazy Tonight that early in the set, and One seguing into City of Blinding Lights...well, odd in my opinion.

Streets opening the encore?

:hmm: I think they're leaving Streets till the encore. Probably having all the anthem hits towards the end of the set, which I think is great.

Back
Top Bottom