U2.COM asks what you want to hear on tour ! in 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, I feel blessed I was able to hear it in Dublin and Chicago.

It shouldn't have to be such an ordeal to hear Bad.

Willie's diary is an interesting insight into the band's thought process. For one, they obviously have their hands tied by the production elements. They feel that inserting any song is like replacing a wall in a house - there are all kinds of structural issues to resolve. It's not as simple to them as plug 'n play, which is too bad in many ways.

I also find the contradiction in logic somewhat funny when the band felt they could drop the wildly popular Ultraviolet because it was "on the DVD" yet there are numerous other songs they've marched out for several DVDs.

Although, I must admit, I'm glad ensuring songs make it on a DVD is a concern to them. I hate when a song was a highlight of a show, yet never makes it on a DVD. TTTYAATW is a classic for me. I realize why it never made the Zoo TV DVD, but that was a real shame to me. It was such a great connecting part of that show. Here's hoping it returns on 360, as per Willie's comments.

All of this. :up:

And I had to laugh at the "modern day Bad." You know what else works as a "modern day Bad"? FUCKING BAD. Play it more, it's a timeless U2 classic that no one tires of hearing.

:lol: I got to hear it several times last tour, including the Toronto 2 infinite version, so I'm not desperate to hear it, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it!

Yeah, that really surprises me, too. I know it wasn't played at every Vertigo show either, but it definitely got more play than this tour.

i was blesed to hear electrical storm in milan :lol:

Lucky! Now that is something I'd love to hear. I was sorry that they stopped playing it. Unlike some around here, I thought the version they played was so close to being there, another show or two and they would have had a very strong setlist addition.

Lucky! Now that is something I'd love to hear. I was sorry that they stopped playing it. Unlike some around here, I thought the version they played was so close to being there, another show or two and they would have had a very strong setlist addition.

I thought it sounded great in Sweeden. If only Bono would actually play the guitar... it's funny when he's standing there, waving his guitar around, and there's a second obviously-sequenced guitar line coming out of the speakers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom