The What In The Fuck Did They Do To Crazy Tonight thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cannot read the whole thread but yeah....WTF????
Everyone hates that song on here, but damn, it's a decent tune with a great chorus.

ehhh.....

I love the studio version of this song. It's a brilliant pop track on a what is in general the darkest album U2 have done since Pop. That said, I think this remix version is fantastic. It takes guts to debut a song like that, and it's the most daring live thing U2 have tried in a while. It's awesome. And it rocks.

I like the balls. The verses and chorus don't mesh perfectly, but it's fun. And while the original was catchy, it was too lightweight.

Honestly, it sounds like Discotheque. I would've rather seen that song get this arrangement and have them CT in its 'proper' form in its inaugural tour.

Exactly. I kinda like it, but the whole time I'm watching this I'm thinking the stage/screen/light production is just asking for some Discotheque or Mofo!

i didn't care for it, but I do think if they tweak it, it could be cool. I love the song, just hope they do something else w/ it.

I think the main challenge is actually playing it the way it sound on record. Way too difficult so they HAVE to do something different w/ it.

This was the first peek I've had at the stage so I'll say my "Holy Shit" now and get it out of the way. :drool:

I'm sure it sounds better live, that's not a good quality clip. I kinda like it. I like the album version, though. Larry on the bongo/djembe? :hyper::drool: He looks like he's having a good time.

I prefer the live versions done on the promo tour, but I can dig this as well. And it's right at home in the tour's setting.

Wonder if it will rotate with that remixed EBTTRT that they rehearsed ...

They should have just added Mysterious Ways or Discotheque if they wanted a dance song... This is pretty bad... And Achtung Baby is REALLY under represented.

I like the album/pre-tour versions better, but I still think this is fun. I like that Larry gets up and plays around the catwalk. It makes me laugh :lol:

I'm not liking CT much and this remix is weird. I'd rather hear Stand Up Comedy. But nice attempt to make a dance tune U2 :up:

They should have just added Mysterious Ways or Discotheque if they wanted a dance song... This is pretty bad... And Achtung Baby is REALLY under represented.

Considering how heavily Achtung has been represented over the last four tours, I've utterly no problem with it taking a back seat for a change.

Love it.

Just a guess, but are the people who don’t like this also the ones who whine about anything U2 and ‘dance’ or ‘electronic’, or the same people who used to think having a hip-hop act as an opener was some kind of blasphemy?

Forget how rubbish this will sound on your audio bootlegs (and it will) and take a look at the video again. I bet each and every one of you down in GA for this will have an awesome time, and everyone in the stands – I think this song has the best ‘Claw Show’ I’ve seen yet?

The Visuals??? >>>AWESOME!!

The ReMix???? >>>> :|

I find it annoying......
I love the album version (one of my 6 fave of the album) & I loved their Live version on Letterman!

and hell, I have a set of bongos @ home! I like bongos! But not in this case! :D

Love it.

Forget how rubbish this will sound on your audio bootlegs (and it will) and take a look at the video again. I bet each and every one of you down in GA for this will have an awesome time, and everyone in the stands – I think this song has the best ‘Claw Show’ I’ve seen yet?

Actually I loved it even more from listening to it on the first bootleg we have. It sounds AMAZING and fun. It was the audio only I liked at first about it, and I was skeptical because I like the album version.

I'm liking this, its good to see them acknowledging their 'dance music'-past somewhat! And can I just say that the light show is incredible :drool: will Dublin 1 not come soon enough! I also hope though that they do pull out Real Thing remix, that would be immense!

It's a lot more listenable when one is hearing it live and not through a cellphone recorder.

i liked it. the blunder, if any? that it wasn't released as a single before the tour so every tom, dick and harry knew it.

what was most striking to me in that youtube video was the resolution on the video screen on the stage. wow.

I think I actually enjoy it more than the original.... Unlike most people on this board I am not crazy about that song to begin with...

Back
Top Bottom