The Unforgettable Fire at Sheffield Don Valley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarvio

War Child
The Unforgettable Fire last night was brilliant. My personal favourite on the set. I've been waiting for so long to see that song live and it's finally happened. Came across great live too. Loved the firey effect on the screen too. What a night!

If they played New Year's Day instead of Elevation, then the night would have been perfect. :up:

The screen definitely gives the song just that little bit extra! :up: It was great to see live indeed, glad you enjoyed it as well.

it sounded absolutley stunning on the radio last night. I always thought it lacked something live when they played it back in the 80's. Closest it's come to sounding like the original but (as is usually the case with U2) much better live :applaud:

I can't believe how great it is sounding this tour....I really think it sounds better now than in the 80's....unbelievable, well done U2:applaud:

I like the way Bono sings the chorus live now. Can't wait to hear UF in Chicago (please stay in the setlist :pray:

I thought it was one of the highlights of the show,it sent shivers down my spine,what surprised me was the amount of people around me who didn't seem to know it.

This is probably my favourite song ever but I don't like how bono sings those falsetto parts and that he leaves out a part of the lyrics.

I love this song and was delighted to see it back in the set list. Howerver...................i am in total agreement with Smitefull1 and U2Lunatic.....i dont appreciate bono deviating from the original lyric. It ruins a song. This is true of every song he does it in. (but i do like Shine like stars snippets etc etc)
But on the whole..........:up::up:

This is my favourite U2 song and I'm just so happy that that they are playing it live. I also love that they are really using the screen because it makes the preformance even better!

Back
Top Bottom