The Official "No Peeking" Support Group thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be looking at every setlist. For me, it's about avoiding disappointment. There certain songs I want played and albums I want represented...I want them to play "Exit" and "Ultraviolet(Light My Way)" and "Love Is Blindness" and "Discotheque" and "Please" and "Mofo" and "Last Night On Earth" and "Lemon" and "Dirty Day" and "Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me" and "The Unforgettable Fire", among others, badly. If they don't, I want to know it from the beginning so that I can make my peace with it before I go to the show, so that I can fully appreciate the show without feeling any disappointment.

I worried that if I know the European setlist and they play a song that I'm really excited about, and then for some reason drop it when they come to North America, that I'll be disappointed that we didn't get that song :reject:.

That's why I don't want to know what they play.

But I don't think my resolve will last long.

I saw one "leaked" setlist, but I really don't think it was real. For one, it would be way too easy for someone to just type one up on MS Word and take a picture, and second it looked a little too much like a fanboy setlist to be real. So I think I'm still safe. But then again, I never expected to hear An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart or The Electric Co regularly played on the last tour, so who knows. :shrug:

Still haven't looked. Other than the little video clips I get on Facebook (which really don't reveal anything, but are quite enjoyable to watch), I don't know anything about this tour and that's the way I like it! :D

We'll see how long this attitude of mine lasts after tomorrow though. :uhoh: :shifty:

:waiting:

still not looking....

Still haven't looked. Other than the little video clips I get on Facebook (which really don't reveal anything, but are quite enjoyable to watch), I don't know anything about this tour and that's the way I like it! :D

We'll see how long this attitude of mine lasts after tomorrow though. :uhoh: :shifty:

:shifty:

Do it. DO IT!!! :D

:lol::lol:

I for one had no real opportunity b/c of low $, so-so ability to be on the net etc, to here bout any thing before hand or Vertigo tour*
*the one wonderful excpetion was being able to get to the Brooklyn gig..

that i knew I'd want to be immersed as much as possible pre-tour/pre-album this time.

andhave been lucky enough to have more access to the net so I have been!!
:hyper::heart::hyper:

Well, I'm out.

I need to devour every single detail from at least this first show to get it out of my system. We'll see if that'll hold me over until September.

Well, I'm out.

I need to devour every single detail from at least this first show to get it out of my system. We'll see if that'll hold me over until September.

lol. that was my original plan too, but i'm too far in now, lol!

Yeah, I decided that pictures weren't spoilers, and then it got me all worked up and I knew I wasn't going to last long. :lol:

Well, at least I didn't cave on the day the tour started!

I like going back and reading all the posts from 3 months ago and seeing everyone who caved and were at the setlist party yesterday.

I believe I could have done this, because I would really love to have this surprise effect. But I'm a mod on a rather small Russian U2 fan site, and if I don't provide all that information about setlists, photos and so on, it will suffer a lot. Plus I want to analyse some pics and videos in order not to be shocked by the stage and have the question "WHERE the hell shall I run?!" :D
But I won't listen to full bootlegs. Especially one song - won't name it here - I don't want to know how it sounds.

I agree 100% with this thread - I'm going to the Monday night Croke Park show and I absolutely don't want any insider info whatsoever between now and seeing the show, apart from the snippets we've been seeing from Adam's 30 second Facebook documentaries...

I'm going to have to vacate the forum fairly soon I think, as the shows start mounting up the spoilers will become more and more widespread :(

Back
Top Bottom