State your case for (song) thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZooMacPhisto800

War Child
In this thread, we get to "state our case" to U2 for a song that we'd particularly like to hear live... this thread is not a petition, nor is it implying that the current setlist is lacking, nor is it attaching any expectations of change... it's simply a chance for fans to communicate some of the cool ideas they have... it's intended to be a fun, sharing experience. Here's hoping people reply...

All songs are include-able... old songs, new songs, songs currently on the setlist, songs not currently on the setlist... choose a song you'd personally flip-out for, that's the only criterion...

-----

I'd still love to hear Lemon. Lemon is such a fun/happy song. It highlights U2's range as it is so unique... could they play it to an unknowing 360 audience? Yes - I think everybody could get into that bassline, Bono, and the 360 stage. But, I think a high enough percentage of fans would know it anyway... could Bono sing it? I'm pretty sure...

Finally debut Stand Up Comedy, which I think could be a killer song in the live arrangement. Rotate it regularly with Mysterious Ways. Also, please, for the love of all things holy, play Fez-Being Born, have it open every encore, and let it lead into UV. That's all I'd like to see. I am pretty happy with what they've done so far, though.

Finally debut Stand Up Comedy, which I think could be a killer song in the live arrangement. Rotate it regularly with Mysterious Ways. Also, please, for the love of all things holy, play Fez-Being Born, have it open every encore, and let it lead into UV. That's all I'd like to see. I am pretty happy with what they've done so far, though.

I'm surprised they haven't played Fez-Being Born yet. Classic U2 sound, new song... some visuals could complement it, the 360 tour is well-suited.

I would really like to hear and see Gone played on this tour.

Why? I'd just like to see what the Claw would look like with each leg (and thus the audience on each side) lit up brightly with a different color... plus it's an absolutely awesome song when done live.

I really think it would look and sound awesome on this tour. :drool:

I would really like to hear and see Gone played on this tour.

Why? I'd just like to see what the Claw would look like with each leg (and thus the audience on each side) lit up brightly with a different color... plus it's an absolutely awesome song when done live.

I really think it would look and sound awesome on this tour. :drool:

:up:

After having Bad and TUF live again Gone is the one I´m waiting for....

Gone :drool:

Promenade - great song and prolly pretty easy to play

The Fly - Great live rocker

One Tree Hill - Maybe the greatest U2 song of them all

HMTMKMKM - see Fly above

Lemon, because I think it's the best song ever written by anyone and I'm always right.

i would love to hear these at some point:

Fez-Being Born - by far my favorite song on the new album. i think this would be a better opener than Breathe.

Lemon - Bono could actually pull it off now. imagine this right after Ultraviolet. :drool:

The Fly - it's my favorite U2 song ever.

Discotheque - i think it would work so well with the stage.

EBTTRT - see Discotheque

Zooropa - the song never got a proper live performance. the Wembley version is ok, but i'd love to see the band really nail this song.

Every Breaking Wave - of course i've never heard the song, but if the band were to play it, it would mean that Songs Of Ascent will actually happen.

Boy Falls From The Sky - i don't think this is too far fetched. it's my favorite 2006 Beach Clip. much better than that Bon Jovi sounding "All My Life" crap. :wink:

Drowning Man - just because i know the band wants to play it. they know the fans want to hear it. so just play it!

mofo.

It would fit the claw perfectly, be super awesome cool before crazy tonight, and is one of my favourite U2 songs.

I hear ya... I also think that doesn't know the song would instantly get the impression that they should know this song.

My only request would be that Edge not chime in with his intro screeching note à la Popmart...

OK, I can picture it now...

Mofo opens the Encore... empty stage, intro loop is heard, period of silence, repeat... this gets progressively louder. Screen comes on and shows a front-on view of an illustration of a surgeon's mask. Enter Sebastian Bach who screams "Are you ready for Mofo?"...

i would love to hear these at some point:

Fez-Being Born - by far my favorite song on the new album. i think this would be a better opener than Breathe.

Lemon - Bono could actually pull it off now. imagine this right after Ultraviolet. :drool:

The Fly - it's my favorite U2 song ever.

Discotheque - i think it would work so well with the stage.

EBTTRT - see Discotheque

Zooropa - the song never got a proper live performance. the Wembley version is ok, but i'd love to see the band really nail this song.

Every Breaking Wave - of course i've never heard the song, but if the band were to play it, it would mean that Songs Of Ascent will actually happen.

Boy Falls From The Sky - i don't think this is too far fetched. it's my favorite 2006 Beach Clip. much better than that Bon Jovi sounding "All My Life" crap. :wink:

Drowning Man - just because i know the band wants to play it. they know the fans want to hear it. so just play it!

Be careful what you wish for, mikal, this would all result in some serious setlist variation... :wink:

I agree with all these choices. Plus Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (why? Because it's their most badass song, that's why), Mofo, full version of Wake Up Dead Man, Acrobat, Your Blue Room (the last two just to keep with this never-played-before trend Electrical Storm and Drowning Man started) and Exit. There's so much more, but I'll try to control my greed.

I think this could definitely work...

Slug -> WOWY

or

WOWY -> Slug

I never hear anyone refer to Slug... is this a liked song? I've adored this song since it came out...

I think this could definitely work...

Slug -> WOWY

or

WOWY -> Slug

I never hear anyone refer to Slug... is this a liked song? I've adored this song since it came out...

Yep, Interference has almost as big a fetish for Slug as for complaining about setlists.

Slug :drool: The transition to Your Blue Room is as good as U2/Eno get.

OK, this is admittedly a terrible idea, but, I could see this:

Play Slug, and then, in fine, and in contrast to all the "Don't want(s)"..., Bono says "I want to feel sunlight on my face"... then Streets Intro -> Streets

I think any crowd could appreciate Slug... and the familiar Streets line, hopefully they'd recognize it.

Be careful what you wish for, mikal, this would all result in some serious setlist variation... :wink:

I agree with all these choices. Plus Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (why? Because it's their most badass song, that's why), Mofo, full version of Wake Up Dead Man, Acrobat, Your Blue Room (the last two just to keep with this never-played-before trend Electrical Storm and Drowning Man started) and Exit. There's so much more, but I'll try to control my greed.

lol, for the record, i'm in no way against the idea of setlist variation. i just think it's silly to slam the band for it when they're more varied these last two tours than they were during their 90's tours. but that's for an exhausted discussion.

i also would love to hear HMTMKMKM and a full version of WUDM.

I'll keep it to three songs...

1) Even Better Than The Real Thing- The title pretty much sums up the claw after all! It hasn't had an outing since 2001, why not give it a go? I think it's important U2 counter-balance the earnest parts of the show with something more fun.

2) HMTMKMKM- It rocks hard, sounds great in a stadium and allows Bono to play up!

3) Mofo- Worked brilliantly on PopMart, with Bono's improved voice it will be even better- "rock n' raaaaaaawwwwwl"

Back
Top Bottom