State your case for (song) thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tomorrow
Drowning Man
Out Of Control
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Like A Song
Exit
Running To Stand Still
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness
Gone
Please
Wake Up Dead Man
Bad (every show)
The Unforgettable Fire (every show)
White as Snow
Ceders Of Lebanon

One Step Closer to open a Second Encore leading into Breathe and closing with Love Is Blindness. I've just been dreaming of this for some time actually.

Fez -Being Born can open the show, to accommodate for this repositioning of Breathe.

-new stuff that begs to be played:
Being Born, SUC
-rare:
Like a Song, Exit, Zooropa, DYFL, YBR
-old favs:
Bullet, Surrender, Elco, Tomorrow
-fits the current tour:
Mofo, OTH, Fly, HMTMKMKM

come to think of it these coupled with the regular NLOTH songs would make a great setlist:

FBB
TUF
Magnificent
NLOTH

Boots
Fly
HMTMKMKM
SUC
Like a Song/Exit snippet

Mofo /Tomorrow snippet
SYCMIOYO
Bullet /Elco snippet
Vertigo

Zooropa
Lemon /DYFL snippet
OTH
UC

Breathe
YBR
Surrender
MOS

the only problem is that a typical concert now consists of about 12-14 hit singles, whereas mine only has 8. They still know how to play Pride or NYD, but have forgotten Surrender, OTH or Tomorrow ;)

When I Look At The World- Extend the screen and have a rotating Earth for verses and the bridge could be strobes:drool:

Dirty Day- It would just kick so much ass

Last Night On Earth- See Dirty Day

Discotheque- Would work amazingly with stage

Crumbs- My favorite song:|

Zooropa because it's epic, Bono would sing it really well and it would fit perfectly with the stage set up.

Gone for similar reasons. The riff is absolutely soaring and the outro would slay a stadium, as it did in 98 and 01. I thought this one would have been a staple, and a massive single.

^^Gone, how can you not at least snippet that when you're actually wearing a 'suit of lights'??!!

A Sort of Homecoming (into Magnificent or vis-versa :drool: x infinity)
Two Hearts Beat as One or Drowning Man
In God's Country
The Fly
Gone
Please
Stay (full band)
The First Time
Somtimes
OOTS
Kite

how about some love for 'Tomorrow'?? Not seen since 1983, a real shame.

I think these are all songs that could be relevant, fit in with this tour, and be redone without huge difficulty (except maybe Tomorrow given they don't play it anymore, and the pipes), not just pure dreaming.

I'd seriously like them to change the opening song 'Breathe' with something like Fez-Being Born, GOYB or NLOTH. I just don't believe Breathe has the 'punch' to start the show, but this is just my opinion.

Other songs I'd like to hear at some point are:

Out of control
The Electric Co.
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Kite
The Fly
Gone
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mofo
Staring At The Sun
Please
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Zoo Station
Exit
Gloria
A Sort Of Homecoming
Hawkmoon 269
God Part II
Mothers Of The Disappeared

There are just tons, but for some reason this tour I get the impression the band are more into sticking with their current setlist and aren't 'up' for change. Maybe they can prove me wrong, but it just seems like that when you consider the amount of changes that went on during the Vertigo Tour very early on.

I don't understand why they aren't playing The Fly on this tour. I figured that would be a given, considering how amazing it was on Vertigo and how well it would fit the stage. Imagine some sort of The Fly graphics on the big screen... :drool:

I think it's because NLOTH and GOYB are too similar in many ways. I know they aren't exactly the same, but they have similar elements and this might be why the band haven't introduced it into the setlist, yet.

Back
Top Bottom