"Spanish Eyes" in Barcelona!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the sheer fact it's a third night bodes well. I'm sure we're all familiar with U2's tendency to deviate a bit from the norm on their final night in cities with 3+ shows. The fact there might be three shows to play the song at means it's got more chance of being played than if there were only one. I still don't expect it on opening night, but I do not think it is out of the question for the second and third nights. I'm not going to say that I think it's ONLY possible on the rumoured third night, but if it's going to happen on any night, that's the one. Opening night will obviously be rough and the band will try to stick to an anticipated standard set. Second night will be working out the kinks after analysing opening night. Third night, they'll probably be more relaxed, more willing to play something just for fun, and to toast a good start to the tour.

The odds unfortunately are still stacked against us. The fact it's the start of the tour; the fact Spanish Eyes has not been played in a stadium since 1987. But I now don't think cautious optimism is misplaced. U2 DO like to celebrate 3+ night stands in a city, usually with Party Girl but sometimes with other treats too. So let's hope the third show is confirmed!
:up:

Damn, with the rumours of a third Barcelona show suddenly dying, I'm a little less optimistic again about Spanish Eyes' chances. Let's hope the first show goes well and they're confident enough to play it at the second.

Damn, with the rumours of a third Barcelona show suddenly dying, I'm a little less optimistic again about Spanish Eyes' chances. Let's hope the first show goes well and they're confident enough to play it at the second.

Don't lose hope on the 1st night. It would be just perfect to perform "Spanish Eyes" in the encores – what a tour opener this would be!

I think they'll pull out of the hat again. Just because they kept it in the closet for Vertigo (they did soundcheck it!) doesn't mean they won't play it again. I'm not so sure whether the band feels comfortable enough at the first show performing a song they've played a handful of times in the past 20 years; opening night I'm sure they're tense enough and nervous and just want to nail their setlist. Second night on the other hand could work, at least I hope so.

I think they'll pull out of the hat again. Just because they kept it in the closet for Vertigo (they did soundcheck it!) doesn't mean they won't play it again. I'm not so sure whether the band feels comfortable enough at the first show performing a song they've played a handful of times in the past 20 years; opening night I'm sure they're tense enough and nervous and just want to nail their setlist. Second night on the other hand could work, at least I hope so.

Still keep my fingers crossed for a 1st night outing ...:drool:

Interesting. :D

Well, I hope they play it. And here you go :up: :wink:

They'll be soundchecking in Noucamp for 2 weeks (they've rented the stadium from mid June on), so they'll have plenty of time to think of that one. Although I don't expect them to be present the entire 2 weeks, as I'm sure the routine soundcheck will be done without them and also the lighting/stage crew will want to test a few things as well.

Back
Top Bottom