Songs you'd like to hear snippeted in the new songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Or abbreviated versions of?

I'd love to hear "Peace on Earth" included with "Unknown Caller"

"so you want to be a rock n roll star" with "desire" :rockon:

other than that, im not a fan of snippets, they just take up time that could be used to play more songs.

Magnificent / Do You Feel Loved (Snippet)
Stand Up Comedy / Whole Lotta Love (Snippet)
I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (original version)/ American Prayer (Snippet) / Mothers of The Disappeared (Snippet)
Get On Your Boots (Catherine Owens intro + Du Gamla, Du Fria) / Pump It Up (Snippet)
Moment Of Surrender / Lost for Words (snippet)

I'd like to see Bullet The Blue Sky return, if only to hear "Cedars of Lebanon" dropped in to the section after the solo, similar to how "Johnny Comes Marching Home" and "Hands That Built America" were last time around.

I'd like to see Bullet The Blue Sky return, if only to hear "Cedars of Lebanon" dropped in to the section after the solo, similar to how "Johnny Comes Marching Home" and "Hands That Built America" were last time around.

That actually sounds like a pretty cool idea. Someone tell Bono.

Bono could drop line or two of 'When I Look At The World' into 'I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight'.......the setlist report on websites would be a mess with that song and snippet rammed in there but it'd work definitely..

^Probably it would be a mess, but I wonder what would happen if internet was all over the place back in 1997 with PopMart Belfast: Discothèque / Can't Stand the Rain (snippet) / Love to Love You Baby (snippet) / Barbara Ann (snippet) / Black Betty (snippet) / Whole Lotta Love (snippet) / Discothèque (Howie B Hairy B Mix) (snippet) :lol:

Get On Your Boots (When The Levee Breaks) -- the drum part during 'let me in the sound!' is almost a direct sample of the drum lick in the Zeppelin version. This would sound so, so awesome

Well, I feel snippets are a hell of a good thing. Look how they made Angel of Harlem a lot cooler on this tour. Or Discothèque with Black Betty (and the other thousand snippets they used on it) back in PopMart. Or Mysterious Ways with Love to Love You Baby in Zoo. Shine Like Stars with With or Without You.
There's several examples. I think a good snippet can make a song a whole lot better if you ask me. Or at least, makes it look cooler.
As usual, imo.

wow, I can't believe the hate for snippets! Personally, I find that the snippets make the show interesting...even if you know the basic set, you never know what sort of snippet might come, and to be honest, although I want to hear as many U2 songs as possible, I think snippets make for some really great moments usually....I think a U2 show would be lacking without them. :)

I wana hear Stand Up COmedy/Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand)

Hear the outro main riff straight into the bit in take me out after the intro jusdt before the drums come in

To expand on my idea, just imagine:

Bullet The Blue Sky. Edge is ripping through that epic solo. It comes to a screetching halt, then Larry's beat picks back up again, Edge hits that droning low E, and Adam plays the groove.

Pictures of a war correspondent's family flicker over the claw, transposed with images of a war torn Middle Eastern country: Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, whatever.

Bono goes into "yesterday, I spent asleep." Sings the song to the first "Return the call to home". The song builds, louder and louder, Bono and Edge harmonizing the "home" louder until Edge finally breaks out the slide for the classic Joshua Tree version of the solo.

Then, where the "we run into the arms of America" part usually goes, the song quiets down again. Bono and Edge return into a quieter "return the call to home". Then louder. Then louder. The crowd begins to chant along. Return the call to home. Louder. The band slowly fades out. Return the call to home.

And then we hear that familiar synth: Where The Streets Have No Name.

God, I wish I worked in the U2 camp.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom