Songs U2 need to Bring back on 360 Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
but seriously, U2's dance version of '...Crazy Tonight' is fantastic. An amazing re-working of it that makes the album one sound dull in comparison depending on what mood you're in. The thing is though, it makes me think how amazing it would be if they just brought back Mofo.

It'd sound fantastic right after The Return Of The Stingray Guitar, would be a great way to start a show with those two then after the crowd are properly pumped up, THEN bring in Beautiful Day. Or even just at the start of an encore...the "Zoo TV Encore" as some people call it during Vertigo was amazing, they should have done something with Pop and kicked it off with Mofo. it's definitely one of their best songs live.

edit - YES! Even Better Than The Real Thing definitely needs to come back! I remember that fuss being made over the tribute band being contacted for video footage for U2's Glastonbury set last year. Didn't it lead to people assuming they were going to be playing the song and using the footage as some tongue in cheek backdrop. The idea of hearing that live got me so excited though until Bono did his back in.

MOFO
Discotheque
Gone
LNOE
The Fly
Fez - Being Born
EBTTRT
Love is Blindness
Electrical Storm
Your Blue Room
NLOTH
Stay

Here are seven I would like to see:
Mofo
Discotheque
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Desire (electric, not the wimpy acoustic rendition)
Last Night On Earth
Zooropa
Zoo Station.

Come on, U2! Why can't you PLEASE just TRY TO THROW YOUR ARMS AROUND THE WORLD and give us a good time on our LAST NIGHT ON EARTH, you MOFO's? Seriously, I'm tired of hearing about all this LOVE IS BLINDNESS, just man up already, fly to NEW YORK, and ask us, WHO'S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES? Because my DESIREs are very important right now and I really wish that you would start RUNNING TO STAND STILL, go a little OUT OF CONTROL with GLORIA and pick up those CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE and give us a real show!!

Katie would love:

Gloria
An Cat Dubh
Electrical Storm

:lol:

'nough said. I'm likely still going to be very excited even if they have I Will Follow, or even if they have Streets. Hell, I'll be excited by anything.

Hah, "even if they have Streets".

That song is NEVER going to go anywhere. We're stuck with it forever.

And I bet you won't find a single fan that is not okay with that!! :)

Okay, I meant I'll be very angry if somehow they remove Streets ever :rolleyes: ...which definitely should not happen.

Oh for sure guys. Streets, to me, is like the definitive part of ANY U2 show. It just would not be the same without Streets.

And it honestly doesn't matter to me where they put it in the setlist, just as long as it gets played.
They could open with it and it would be amazing.
They could close with it and it would be amazing.
They could put it right in the middle and it would be amazing.
They could start the first few verses of In A Little While and then have Bono just say "F**K IT" and then have Edge jump right into Streets and it would make my life.

Bad
gone
love is blindness
acrobat
out of control
running to stand still
drowning man
exit/bullet the blue sky
all i want is you
tomorrow
like a song

They should not play any songs prior to Joshua Tree (except for Seconds) because Bono can't sing them, and because they are not boys any more. They play them too slowly and aren't the firey band they were then, which isn't a bad thing. They are more mature.

They should bring back, or introduce:

Please
Seconds
Always Forever Now
daddy's gonna pay
dirty day
one minute warning

And they should have a nightly 20 minute drone metal improv.

What, like covering Metal Machine Music?

Well ... we keep saying we want them to do something different. That would fit the bill!

Sure, during the encore break they could listen to some Sunn O))) or Metal Machine music, get the roadies to detune everything, give Bono a guitar and replace larry's drum kit with taiko drums and just rumble us. it would be amazing.

They should not play any songs prior to Joshua Tree (except for Seconds) because Bono can't sing them, and because they are not boys any more. They play them too slowly and aren't the firey band they were then, which isn't a bad thing. They are more mature.

They should bring back, or introduce:

Please
Seconds
Always Forever Now
daddy's gonna pay
dirty day
one minute warning

And they should have a nightly 20 minute drone metal improv.

By that... you'd be getting rid of...

I Will Follow
Gloria
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Pride (In the Name of Love)
Bad
A Sort of Homecoming

I disagree.

Yep, I think some of their older songs sound better than the recent ones live, but that's just me. They're good songs.

Yep, I think some of their older songs sound better than the recent ones live, but that's just me. They're good songs.

Exactly.

If anything, they need MORE pre Joshua Tree songs in the set list.

Gloria and Two Hearts Beat As One come immediately to mind.

I mean, give me that over Unknown Caller any day!!

And Bono is singing these songs as well as he ever has.

The only way Hollow Island could make the comments he has is if he hasn't seen any 2010 performances of Pride or I Will Follow. The band and Bono are performing these songs as good or better than they ever have!

Especially Pride.

I Will Follow, maybe it was better in 1983, and same for SBS and NYD, but right now, they're certainly the best they've been since then.

Back
Top Bottom