Songs that are being played on the current tour that you're f**king sick of and WHY:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This.

I hope U2 sees the potential awesomeness of playing MOFO or Disco and plays them at least a few times on the next 3 legs.

It would be sad to see Pop be the only U2 album not represented on this tour.

What a waste if that passes?!?!

Can someone just ask Bono, Adam, Larry (maybe not Larry), or Edge next time someone meets them, "Where is the love for POP with the Claw?, Discotheque or Mofo would be awesome."

at the very least, the dumb rocker has been superseded twice and it's still being played. plus, if they were really that interested in playing relatively new material, they'd be playing more than the opening two tracks of the vertigo tour on 360.

Elevation could go away. :yes:

And Stuck (it did go away for a while and it may again once they leave Australia), in fact the entire "single acoustic song" spot should be out, or at least do a full acoustic set. Stuck-Stay-SATS, or alternate the three.

But other than that...BD isn't going anyhwere, it might be Walk on's last appearance this tour with Aung Sun Suu Kyi liberated, and I for one enjoy IALW on the album, and it fits the theme of the show.
The Space station chat is one of the coolest moments in the show, with the Ultraviolet jacket/steering wheel microphone and the stadium turned into a giant disco during Crazy tonight remix.

I am surprised by the lack of Bomb songs. But I'm reminded of how in the early stages of Vertigo tour, only BD/Elevation got played until they got to Australia. Perhaps with new tour legs more Bomb songs will appear. Right now the only tour with a weaker representation of the immediately previous album is Popmart, with 0 Zooropa songs (unless the Lemon remix should count).

I am surprised by the lack of Bomb songs. But I'm reminded of how in the early stages of Vertigo tour, only BD/Elevation got played until they got to Australia. Perhaps with new tour legs more Bomb songs will appear. Right now the only tour with a weaker representation of a previous album is Popmart, with 0 Zooropa songs (unless the Lemon remix should count).

Popmart = no Zooropa songs
360 = No Pop songs so far

So far, plus consider Zooropa during Popmart was a much more recent album than Pop is on 360.

Popmart = no Zooropa songs
360 = No Pop songs so far

HMTMKMKM is a Zooropa era song and secretly listed on it's front cover. Plus a Lemon remix was used in the encore break.

What annoys me is just how many Zooropa and R&H tracks have NEVER been played at a U2 concert in North America.

It was probably because Bono's voice sucked so much from the smokes and the excess stress of touring. If it were me, I wouldn't have pushed my voice to do it either. Although there as a show where he did snippet it during Discotheque on one show, if that counts for anything

I've decided that I actually love In A Little While as a song, but I can't beLIEve they are still playing it live! Give it a goddamn rest already, guys.

Replace it with Kite or New York if you HAVE to keep that many ATYCLB songs in the set. Just get IALW outta there for a while.

I think it would be awesome if they played this after the two 'surprise' slots in the middle of the set:

Angel of Harlem > Sweetest Thing > New York > City of Blinding Lights > Vertigo

Well, it's just that they're playing the "obvious" choices from ATYCLB. That album has lots of great songs, not just BD, Elevation, Walk On, Stuck, and IALW. I say drop IALW and replace it with Kite and drop Walk On and replace it with New York.

New York would be fantastic on the Claw. :drool:

Key to replacing IALW is finding an appropriate song with space imagery to take it's place. they didn't liek YBR.. how about.... NORTH STAR????

That middle part of the set could contain any 3 of Mercy, EBW, Pride, Stuck, Bad, AIWIY, SHFWILF, LRM, BFFTS and then North Star, full band, with full spacey imagery, and get Frank to record "and the day packs it in, and you watch as the sun goes down, pray that the night will come quickly. You hope, and you pray that the sun leaves the sky alone, because there's only one light that will guide you.... Home"

some suggestions in here bring this item to mind:

15inch-dartboard-large.jpg

PS, just listened to the Denver Elevation bootleg, where the dude comes up on stage and they proceed to play All Along the Watchtower for the first time in 12 years full band. Magic moment. Need some AATW up in here

North Star, full band, with full spacey imagery, and get Frank to record "and the day packs it in, and you watch as the sun goes down, pray that the night will come quickly. You hope, and you pray that the sun leaves the sky alone, because there's only one light that will guide you.... Home"
That would ruin the best part of the song.

In A Little While - Miss Sarajevo - segue needs to be replaced altogether! oldies/goodies/rarities would have an incredible up-beat reception in their spot (i.e Desire, Party Girl, Angel of Harlem, Spanish Eyes, I Will Follow, Out of Control)

COBL-Vertigo-Crazy-Sunday - segue needs to be re-energized with rotational surprises, (i.e. Discotheque, The Fly, Gone), granted as is, it is full of high-energy, it just needs the element of "freshness" on a night-to night basis!

It'd be like IALW, where the band would sing it first, then as an outro it'd be repeated by Frank

It's a dud moment in IALW, it was a dud moment in YBR, and it would be a dud moment in North Star or any other song.

Back
Top Bottom