Songs that are being played on the current tour that you're f**king sick of and WHY:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm actually going to argue FOR Mysterious Ways staying in the set on the 360 tour. I think it is one of the strongest songs in the set right now. It always gets the crowd going, everybody's jumping up and down and singing along and dancing. Especially the "Put your hands in the air" part right before the solo....so funky!

I think on the 360 tour it's one of the best performances they've done of the song. Sure, it doesn't include the slide solo, but still, I think Bono is singing the song better than he ever has and Edge's guitar work sounds a lot crisper and a lot funkier.

The only thing I think they could do to improve the song live is to fix Larry's drumming - he seems really out of it during this song, he needs to be pounding those drums like he was on ZooTV and Popmart! And they should turn the bass speakers up a lot louder so we can get blasted with more of Adam's funktastic bass lines!

:drool:

I agree with every word of this!

I'd like the slide solo back, but what its really missing is Larry! Where the hells is he on this song?!

The bass speakers need to be turned up louder, as do the rest of the speakers!

I like it loud, 360 was loud for sure, but come on guys, time for Vertigo/Zoo TV tour loud!

I'm actually going to argue FOR Mysterious Ways staying in the set on the 360 tour. I think it is one of the strongest songs in the set right now. It always gets the crowd going, everybody's jumping up and down and singing along and dancing. Especially the "Put your hands in the air" part right before the solo....so funky!

I think on the 360 tour it's one of the best performances they've done of the song. Sure, it doesn't include the slide solo, but still, I think Bono is singing the song better than he ever has and Edge's guitar work sounds a lot crisper and a lot funkier.

The only thing I think they could do to improve the song live is to fix Larry's drumming - he seems really out of it during this song, he needs to be pounding those drums like he was on ZooTV and Popmart! And they should turn the bass speakers up a lot louder so we can get blasted with more of Adam's funktastic bass lines!

:drool:
It was awesome on Zoo TV, Popmart and Elevation. It was good on Vertigo and it's just average right now (without the solo and the creative drumming). So it declines imo.

Out:
- Miss Sarajevo (Why did it even come back?? Its moment was during Vertigo Tour. Hope it just came back for the European Leg)
- I still haven't found what I'm looking for
- Elevation

Rotate:
- New year's day
- Pride
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- One
- I will follow
- With or without you

Bring back:
- No line on the horizon
- Unknown caller
- Breath
- I'll go crazy (normal version)
- Electrical Storm
- Your blue room
- Spanish eyes
- Gone
- Mofo
- Stay (FULL BAND)
(don't have to play those every night but it would be nice to hear them in cities where there is more than one show)

Debut:
- Drowning man
- Fez

Don't even think about taking it out of the setlist:
- Mercy

^ Sorry, Mercy just doesn't curl my toes, I can live without it. As far as the album version of Crazy, it's not going to happen (and it shouldn't) - the dancy mix they use is the highlight of the show for many people. But I defiantely agree with Mofo, Gone and Stay! Nice list.

GOYB because I think it's an awkward song (live and studio) that doesn't connect. Even the LET ME IN THE SOUND bridge comes across weak.

Magnificent- This song, live, is an absolute DUD. Even when NLOTH came out I thought this song was overrated, but while some songs soar in a live setting, this one crash lands hard.

I know that they have to seem "current" by playing songs from NLOTH, their most recent album, but I've thought from the beginning that those 2 songs were no good live. "Breathe" and "NLOTH" worked fairly well live, although I feel "Breathe" should not have been the opener. MOS works, as does "Crazy" remix. I thought UC was a complete disaster live, also. I'm a NLOTH supporter for the most part, but agree that a smaller tour should have been staged to promote this album.

Out:
- Miss Sarajevo (Why did it even come back?? Its moment was during Vertigo Tour. Hope it just came back for the European Leg)

Really, I think Miss Sarajevo sounds better on this tour. It's their new Running to Stand Still. Plus Bono's voice is heaps better.

City of Blinding Lights isn't too great these days, I can't see how they can even be bothered playing this every night and drop The Unforgettable Fire. They MUST keep MOTD and then change up the encore. Bring in Hawkmoon 269 & 11 O'Clock Tick Tock. I think they've forgotten how powerful these songs are.

(my only beef is the dropping of NLOTH material - but then, this isn't the NLOTH tour, it's the 360 tour.)

goat

Well, 360 still should promote the latest album, NLOTH*...other than that, only slow/acoustic songs need to go. (Stuck, Miss Sarajevo, I still haven't found...)

*though...are they off the hook for this with all the new songs on the last European leg ?

It will be interesting to see which No Line songs - if any - return on the next leg. Surely a couple will?

I'd like to hope so. Maybe unknown caller might come back? I don't understand why it was dropped, I thought it was good live song? (but i didn't see it so I have no clue :wink:)

Stand up Comedy please though U2 thank you :up:

I'd like to hope so. Maybe unknown caller might come back? I don't understand why it was dropped, I thought it was good live song? (but i didn't see it so I have no clue :wink:)

Stand up Comedy please though U2 thank you :up:

I saw it.

Improved live over the album, but certainly nothing to write home about!

The set was miles better and more energetic when it was dropped entirely on Leg 3.

It will be interesting to see which No Line songs - if any - return on the next leg. Surely a couple will?

It would make sense as they haven't toured NLOTH in Australia yet. :hmm:
Ooh, good point! Here are my guesses:
Likely:
NLOTH (hopefully as the arrangement played on the first two legs)
Breathe (not as the opener, but it might pop up once or twice)
Unknown Caller (not a staple like it once was, but, again, it could make the odd appearance)
Possible:
SUC (c'mon, we've been waiting to hear this live for over a year now)
WAS (they almost played this in Dublin, right? Seems like it could be interesting live)
Unlikely:
FEZ - Being Born (yes, it would be awesome, but perhaps the band thinks it'd be a bit too weird for stadiums)
Cedars of Lebanon (...this isn't going to happen)

I am not one to get my knickers in a real knot over this stuff but lets just say it would put a big fat bucket of sunshine in my day if they kissed goodbye to Walk On and IALW and hit us with NLOTH and Breathe instead ~ 15 days till the next leg :loveshower:

I am not one to get my knickers in a real knot over this stuff but lets just say it would put a big fat bucket of sunshine in my day if they kissed goodbye to Walk On and IALW and hit us with NLOTH and Breathe instead ~ 15 days till the next leg :loveshower:

Is it really already that close?
Seems like just yesterday I was in the setlist party for Rome!

Anyways, I'm sure Boots and Magnificent and Crazy Tonight will be back in Australia. No way the boys are dropping those. I also think that NLOTH is very likely to come back for a few appearances as well as Breathe. Unknown Caller is probably a little less likely, but it may make a few shows.

*still hoping they chuck the boring mood-killer that is Miss S*

Please let it be a Europe only thing :pray:

I cant see any more NLOTH songs coming back simply for the reason that they havent been to australia promoting this album yet, I think the four they are playing now is plenty.

Also, remember on Vertigo 06, they hadnt toured that album(which was alot bigger than NLOTH) either and yet still only played the 4 major songs off it. I think they played Yahweh 1 or 2 times but for the most part of the aussie vertigo leg, it was the usual 4 that survived till the end. No others reappeared that were played on earlier legs.

Agree that IALW has run its race, time to p!ss it off forever. Its so boring. I think we will see Bad being played on the 2nd night shows.

I cant see any more NLOTH songs coming back simply for the reason that they havent been to australia promoting this album yet, I think the four they are playing now is plenty.

Also, remember on Vertigo 06, they hadnt toured that album(which was alot bigger than NLOTH) either and yet still only played the 4 major songs off it. I think they played Yahweh 1 or 2 times but for the most part of the aussie vertigo leg, it was the usual 4 that survived till the end. No others reappeared that were played on earlier legs.

Agree that IALW has run its race, time to p!ss it off forever. Its so boring. I think we will see Bad being played on the 2nd night shows.

Keep in mind that because they missed us in Aust/Nz on Elevation that they felt they needed to make up for it by playing a couple of extra ATYCLB song. I don't remember the exact quote, but one of them said it :)

If they drop any more NLOTH songs I'll be disappointed to say the least. I doubt they will though.

My list

In A Little While- I really like this song, and I consider it one of ATYCLB's more interesting moments, but I don't think it works well in a stadium.
Replace with Stay.

SHF- U2 in their comfort zone. So tame. Replace with AIWIY.

Mysterious Ways- If Larry can no longer drum properly on this song, and if Edge is no longer willing to play the solo, there is no point playing it. Replace with Dicotheque or Mofo.

Walk On- I don't mind it played every once in a while, but this worthy pop/ rock song is no staple. Perhaps Bullet merits a return in its place.

Elevation- Think of the rockers that this song keeps out- The Fly, Last Night On Earth, God Part 2 etc.

One and WOWY- No point keeping them if Bono is going to continue singing behind the melody. Possible replacements include Bad, RTSS or Please.

That said, I would keep Beautiful Day, which still works very well. SBS and Streets have also sounded surprisingly fresh this tour.

Good post, monsieur...

but, None of those (the fly, last night, god part 2) makes people jump like crazy like Elevation. That's probably why they play it :(

Well...according to the rehearsals thread, IALW is back for another round. All together, now:
rageguy.jpg

IALW played live on the 360 tour has turned into something more than a track off ATYCLB. :hmm:

And like many I'm pretty sick of it

If Walk On and IALW stay, Elevation's gotta go. No way around it.

People say it gets the crowd jumping.

Its a nursing home shuffle compared to what I Will Follow does to the crowd!!

Elevation is replaceable in all respects.

Why? Why?? Why??? do they insist on playing such a non-stadium mediocre track like "In a Little While" and NOT "The Unforgettable Fire" "Bad" " Every Breaking Wave" (o.k. maybe "Every Breaking Wave" isn't a stadium worthy track but hell, it's a new song and it's great and...it's WAY better than "In a Little While"!!!!

Back
Top Bottom