Songs that are being played on the current tour that you're f**king sick of and WHY:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am I going to be pelted for saying I'd prefer a more orthodox version of Crazy, more often?

I actually love that song, despite what some might say about it.

Go sit down with a tub of vanilla ice cream and a Barenaked Ladies CD if you want to experience something that boring and uninspired. ;)

I wouldn't really call the Remix inspired either when honestly you could have done the exact same thing to any U2 song with a beat. It's killer live, but anything in their catelogue done with the same treatment would go over just as well in a stadium.

(unless it's like... '40' or something lol)

"I'll Go Crazy (Remix)" is boring, boring, boring. Your average fan would be more excited by the regular track and it can have quite some power as evidenced by the Letterman performance from two years ago. That one definitely puzzles me....and if they want something electronic-y, why not play a song from Zooropa or Pop?

Also, "I'll Go Crazy Tonight" is a great song. So is "In A Little While" and "Elevation" and "Walk On"....All That You Can't Leave Behind is clearly one of their greatest albums and some of you just aren't true fans.

Yes, I am being totally serious here. A lot of you have poor taste in U2. :down:

"I'll Go Crazy (Remix)" is boring, boring, boring. Your average fan would be more excited by the regular track and it can have quite some power as evidenced by the Letterman performance from two years ago. That one definitely puzzles me....and if they want something electronic-y, why not play a song from Zooropa or Pop?

Also, "I'll Go Crazy Tonight" is a great song. So is "In A Little While" and "Elevation" and "Walk On"....All That You Can't Leave Behind is clearly one of their greatest albums and some of you just aren't true fans.

Yes, I am being totally serious here. A lot of you have poor taste in U2. :down:

i stopped buying that you were serious at the true fans part of your post....although i should have given in sooner.

Yeah, we all have poor taste because we don't agree with you. It's always everybody's fault, never your own eh?

It takes a certain kind of special to be able to identify "average" and "true" U2 fans.

Taste is the enemy of art.

I'm gonna go ahead and throw it out there... if you belong to Interference, you like them for their music and not just to drool over the band members, chances are you're a 'true' U2 fan.

In short, no, you don't have to like Pop and Zooropa and Passengers and be 'different'. You can love all of Bomb, Boots, Crazy, Elevation, blah blah blah, and be a true U2 fan. Gimme a break. It's all opinion based. The only difference between a true U2 fan and an average fan is the ability and knowledge of all of their material. I still know every Pop song, I just don't like most of it. I still know every Zooropa song, I just don't like most of it. Yeah, and the majority of the people are indifferent about October. I also love that album. Everyone has their own taste, and it doesn't make you less of a fan.

I'm still a diehard U2 fan, and they're my favorite band. So I love I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight. Sue me.

I'm gonna go ahead and throw it out there... if you belong to Interference, you like them for their music and not just to drool over the band members, chances are you're a 'true' U2 fan.

In short, no, you don't have to like Pop and Zooropa and Passengers and be 'different'. You can love all of Bomb, Boots, Crazy, Elevation, blah blah blah, and be a true U2 fan. Gimme a break. It's all opinion based. The only difference between a true U2 fan and an average fan is the ability and knowledge of all of their material. I still know every Pop song, I just don't like most of it. I still know every Zooropa song, I just don't like most of it.

I'm still a diehard U2 fan, and they're my favorite band. So I love I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight. Sue me.

:up:

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks Please is a boring song, but hey, U2 makes different style of music and that's one of the reasons why I love them!

And I think Crazy Tonight is one of their most exciting songs!

In short, no, you don't have to like Pop and Zooropa and Passengers and be 'different'. You can love all of Bomb, Boots, Crazy, Elevation, blah blah blah, and be a true U2 fan. Gimme a break. It's all opinion based. The only difference between a true U2 fan and an average fan is the ability and knowledge of all of their material. I still know every Pop song, I just don't like most of it. I still know every Zooropa song, I just don't like most of it. Yeah, and the majority of the people are indifferent about October. I also love that album. Everyone has their own taste, and it doesn't make you less of a fan.

Just so we're clear: you know I agree with you, right? I don't want any ambiguity on that point :up: ('cept the being a member of Interference part..plenty of fans who aren't) :wink:

Just so we're clear: you know I agree with you, right? I don't want any ambiguity on that point :up: ('cept the being a member of Interference part..plenty of fans who aren't) :wink:

Ah, took your post as the opposite of what it meant, my bad. Nonetheless, I was making just a general statement. But yeah, I wasn't saying that you need to be a member of Interference, just that most people who are a member of Interference have found it somewhere in their mind that they're such a fan of U2 that they have to talk about it.

THIS!! :up:

I love I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight as well. It's my favorite song off the album. Do I wish that they would play the album version live? Yes, yes I do. Is the remix they currently play awesome?

Yes. It's fucking awesome.

I'm not gonna complain about anything.

Uninspired, inspired, bleh. What does it all mean anyways? It's good music (and I do enjoy the music video as well).

It means the album version of "Crazy Tonight" is to the tracks on Achtung Baby what a Thomas Kinkade painting is to a Rembrandt.

It fills space and time, but merely occupies them. It's not, to borrow a phrase from Bono, music that changes the temperature of the room. If you didn't already know it were a U2 track, you wouldn't stop changing radio stations if you came across it. It's as though the band bought a book on how to write a generic Adult Contemporary song. It's filler.

It's music that sounds like it came from people who have nothing to say. It sounds like a song written by old rich guys who have sat in their mansions and exclusive resorts so long they've lost touch with the world beyond and don't really have any comment on the pressures or experience of life.

Thankfully tracks like "White as Snow" and "Cedars" disprove that as a rule, but it's emblematic of the decline that began with HTDAAB. That album was like an old friend who used to tell the most amazing, epic stories, but got hung up on recounting tales from the glory days in the past because they had nothing else going on in the present. Now, they usually make awkward smalltalk whenever you see them.

The live remix is fun, but nobody really pays attention to the lyrics - because they're just nonsense - and there aren't really any lyrics after the first chorus anyway. It's really just an excuse to bounce around and hope that Bono sings snippets of much better songs. And honestly, the "Discotheque" outro, and "Two Tribe" / "Relax" combo are more fun and thrilling than what comes before.

I wrote that I was serious in my post, but I was referring to the stuff that I liked, not the true fan part. Perhaps I should have clarified myself as the "true fan" business was in there only to rile people up in a light-hearted way, rather than get them angry.

But yes, only true fans love All That You Can't Leave Behind. :heart:

Actually, you'd have to be pretty brain dead (and/or deaf) to not know you're listening to U2's third masterpiece whenever All That You Can't Leave Behind starts playing. Hence why it's taking up so many spaces in the set list - the band knows it's phenomenal and the fans want only the best from Dublin's finest. :applaud:

Elevation :heart:

Beautiful Day :love:

Stuck In A Moment :cute:

Walk On :drool:

In A Little While :hyper:

Hell, I honestly think In A Little While is a great song - it's just overplayed. It was better when it was during the acoustic part of the Elevation shows.

Stuck In A Moment is not made for 360 - however I loved it on the Rose Bowl DVD for some reason.

Hell, I honestly think In A Little While is a great song - it's just overplayed. It was better when it was during the acoustic part of the Elevation shows.

Stuck In A Moment is not made for 360 - however I loved it on the Rose Bowl DVD for some reason.

IALW isn't made for 360. Neither is Stuck. They're both awesome arena songs which give a more intimate feeling, but a stadium full of 1000 people need breath-taking moments, not intimate moments.

The idea of 'epic' belongs in front of 100,000. Not 'touching'.

Back
Top Bottom