Snippets....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The more snippets the merrier. It's not as if they are sung in place of U2 lyrics, or are so long that they cost us another U2 song (like the fucking speeches do).

The more snippets the merrier. It's not as if they are sung in place of U2 lyrics, or are so long that they cost us another U2 song (like the fucking speeches do).
This man has the right idea. Besides, even a chunk of, say, Discotheque is better than nothing. :up:

Bono is the king of snippetry :lol:

I LOVE them! The references are kind of cool and I like how they are showing respect to other bands/artists by snippeting their songs. I hope it never stops. In fact, some snippets could be longer.

If I hear 40 sung at the end of Bad one more time i'm going to lose it. Seriously Bono, way to ruin the song!

:sexywink:

If I hear Bad live one more time I'll count myself lucky regardless of whether there's snippets or not :wink:

i like when u2 snippet their own songs, but it's usually lame when they snippet other people's songs. especially when a drop of rain falls from the ceiling, then OMG MUST SNIPPET EVERY SONG MENTIONING RAIN EVER

i like when u2 snippet their own songs, but it's usually lame when they snippet other people's songs. especially when a drop of rain falls from the ceiling, then OMG MUST SNIPPET EVERY SONG MENTIONING RAIN EVER

Except Bono apparently only knows two:

Rain by The Beatles

Singin' In the Rain by Gene Kelly

Seriously, if they're going to keep getting rained on, he needs to pull out some different songs.

You'd be surprised by how many times Bono can snippet the same song during a rainy show.

Or maybe you wouldn't be.

Except Bono apparently only knows two:

Rain by The Beatles

Singin' In the Rain by Gene Kelly

Seriously, if they're going to keep getting rained on, he needs to pull out some different songs.

You'd be surprised by how many times Bono can snippet the same song during a rainy show.

Or maybe you wouldn't be.
:lol: how true. and yeah, him snippeting the same thing more than once at the same show pisses me off more than it probably should.

The fact that Singing In The Rain has been snippeted three times per show at four shows this leg is just ... well ... yeah, I'll join in on the chorus of FIND SOME DIFFERENT RAIN SONGS!

As much as I love snippets and think they add some real flavour to the setlist, this particular aspect is getting ridiculous. It's not as if the world's only got a couple of songs about rain. How about, oh I don't know, Summer Rain?

Heaven forbid they should do something off the cuff and PLAY "Summer Rain". Screw snippeting.

Bono really likes the movie Singin In The Rain, which I don't think anybody should blame him for, it's a blast, and one of the most acclaimed films ever.

So he likes to sing it occasionally during concert? So what? Doesn't seem like anything to get into CAPS LOCK FURY over.

Also, the word "snippet" kinda gives me the willies. I don't like it. Can we change the name maybe? I suggest pumpernickels.

if you don't like the thread, no one's forcing you to read it.

The thread title was too ambiguous for her, OK?

27. Station to Station (snippet) / Bad / Let It Be (snippet) / Come Together (snippet) /Help! (snippet) / Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (snippet) / Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet) / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (snippet) / The First Time (snippet) / Revolution 9 (snippet) / Drunk Chicken/America (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) /( Don't Fear) The Reaper (snippet) / John, I'm Only Dancing (snippet) / Gypsy Biker (snippet) / Candle in the Wind (snippet) / All Star (snippet) / Yellow Submarine (snippet) / "40" (snippet)

Becomes more feasible with each passing gig.

I like U2 snippeting themselves because we get to get references to songs we don't see anymore (or ever in some cases) on their own.

I wouldn't mind hearing Bono sing "Singing in the rain" live again, I loved it when I heard it in Munich and I think he sung that one really well. People who are not following setlists certainly don't mind either. There have been other songs relating to rain snippeted as well, but he just seems to love the Gene Kelly one.

Back
Top Bottom