Shine Like Stars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshuatree

The Fly
Just wondering how With or Without You sounded? Did they do the Shine Like Stars verse? 2 guitars? And I wonder if he's going to be serenading on this tour...

I've been wondering this, too. There are clips of WOWY, but none show the outtro.

According to the thread filled with people who saw the show, there was no Shine Like Stars, although there was Hear Us Coming on One.

there is full version now on Youtube. No Stars and one of the weakest live versions I have heard them play. Not enough of the guitar at the end and very short. If they are going to drag this song out again at least play it the best way they can. I don't get it.

First shows on the tour usually are the best... they need to get going.... it's still great, but they work it out as they go along.

I really hope SLS decides to show up more this tour than it did last tour.

i just listed to wowoy - i dont know what happened but they skipped a whole part of the song so naturally it sucked - did they mess it up u think - i dont get what happened

I second this.

Honestly, this has got to be one of the worst WOWYs I've ever heard. Shame too, because I think they could probably restore it to a measure of its former glory. Let's hope it gets better ... or just gets dropped in favour of a song U2 can play really fucking well.

I dont think it showed up at all last tour. I hope they do add the "Shine Like Stars" Snippet back to With or Without You it makes the song so much better. Best live versions of this song were Rattle and Hum and Zoo TV.

link please, I would love to hear the worst version ever.... :shifty:

YouTube - U2 360 - With or without you

I agree, DAMN U2 need to get there act together on this tune!!!!!
The music sounds great, i cant understand why Edge doesent do the solo he done on the Zoo Tv version, which everybody seemed to love, of even the solo he done on the Joshua Tree tour, these sounded great especially leading into Bono's extra "shine like stars" verse, which should be added again!!!

the main problem is Bono tho, why does he sing it with that tired slurred voice it sounds terrible, it was bad on the Vertigo Tour like this and if they are gonna continue in the same fashion they should drop the song now!

I dunno if he struggles to sing it these days, if so drop it! it could be replaced by an equally good tune!

and if its an act I'd love to grab Bono by the shoulders and shake him!

WOWY is the one "warhorse" I can do with out - it just isn't that good live anymore, and it seems to get worse, not better with time. Last night basically proved its time to send WOWY off to the warhorse retirement home. There is no passion left in this song, its just there, taking up valuable set list space.

WTF happened to this song last night. Bono sang the first verse twice. I just finished listening to the bootleg.

It's like Axver's quote in his sig... mediocrity dressed up as sincerity = danger.

Unless U2 are really feeling it (which I doubt), they shouldn't be playing it. WOWY should be played like once this tour... that'd be a performance.

I'd take ANYTHING....ANYTHING (and I mean we're talking Elvis Ate America territory here) than that version of WOWY again. God, WOWY NEEDS Shine Like Stars, why Bono doesn't seem to realize this, I don't understand.

I can't even remember if Bono sang the "Shine like stars..." bit on the second night (I thought he didn't), but second night sounded a whole lot better than the first night. On the first night he was probably too much occupied with his hanging microphone (also during Ultra Violet) that he couldn't do the song justice.
It's not WOWY that needs to go, but that hanging mic. And that suit of lights too, they both look like a preposterous gimmick. What's the idea behind them?

Thing is great song, crowd love it, whole crowd sings to it.

They need to up the tempo of this song, its played so slowly now its a snorefest. Bono also needs to put some effort in again, his vocals are much better these days, he can definately do far better. They also need to make it the closer. Play Moment Of Surrender first, followed by With Or Without You with ZooTV solo, and Shine Like Stars snippet. Now that would be a great ending to a concert, and maybe rotate it with Bad on alternate nights as the closer.

rotate it with Bad on alternate nights as the closer
Sken i couldnt agree with you more:):) i hope they start rotating Bad as a closer, when they get to the states:)

Back
Top Bottom