Setlist varies Glad USA is second leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, according to someone who posted in the DC thread, the setlist was definitely changed apparently due to the late start.

I hope thats all it is. Although, what I have been hearing through the grapevine is that U2 are not really delving into the soundchecks and exploring different songs/concepts (other than YBR obviously in Chicago) like they have on past tours. I guess the focus is the stage production this time out and that is fine, it is awesome to say the least. But I would hate to see the setlist regress. They had a pretty good base going with the setlist and they need to stick to that structure if they are not going to experiment with it versus dropping new material. :shrug:

I think if there were time constraints then something else should have been given the axe versus NLOTH. Like I said, if its back the next show and going forward than it must have been the time constraint as you say. I really hope thats the case.

I thought Willie said they were working on October and White As Snow. Is there any more news about that?

Dropping No line would be a big mistake (IMO, agreeing it is great live). Moveing it (or others) around in the SL is ok though. I always thought NL woudl be a great Encore opener....BUT....Uv is outstanding in that position right now, so that part is set and not changing. Ok I'm ramblin now, but I'm trying to rationalize a better spot for NL...I didn't get a chnce to read all the Ney York reactions to NL after BD..did that not work? Only thing left is to try it as the opener, or anywhere else with GONE right after it (sorry, now I'm really dreamin).
Cheers,

Im not to bothered about dropping the odd song for the odd show, its good to see some experimenting going on, instead of seeing the same set every night. The one thing thats bothered me is dropping that lovely intro to BD. Since YBR has been placed infront of BD, the intro has been dropped. Really dont understand why, not as if the new intro/YBR dont blend well.

Dropping No line would be a big mistake (IMO, agreeing it is great live). Moveing it (or others) around in the SL is ok though.

Only thing left is to try it as the opener

Cheers,

I think it should have been opening the show from the get go. :up: Or at least rotated with Breathe (which is a mediocre opening song IMO) as the opener. It should be played at every show this tour though. Its one of the strongest if not the strongest song on the new album for me.

if everyone is getting riled up over 22 songs, what's going to happen when they only play 8 in norman?

-dan

I thought Willie said they were working on October and White As Snow. Is there any more news about that?

Willie was lobbying for October->White As Snow at Dublin III... that went the same way as Drowning Man and Electrical Storm (both of which were soundchecked before the same show).

Norman, Oklahoma setlist:

1) Crazy Tonight (album version)
2) PITNOL
3) Mysty Ways
4) With or Without You
5) One
6) I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7) Vertigo
8) Elevation
--encore break--
9) PITNOL

This is yet the 32nd show of the tour and, after having started with a poor 7-song routine of the new album, we're already in a 6 song. No, wait, 5. With the exclusion of the title track of the album they're promoting.

...In setlists of 22-24 songs.
Couldn't be worse.
It confirms the theory of some that claim that U2 slowly becomes the same that Rolling Stones became: a tribute band of themselves, with setlists full of jukebox radio hits, mixed with some half-rarities to fool the fans.

I was never that thrilled with the setlist to begin with. I never understood why they would open the show with "Breathe" instead of "Magnicifent" or "No Line on". Anyway with about 3 weeks left of the tour it would not fase me one bit if the Band was to just go through the motions & end it. The Shows at Giants Stadium were taped for a future DVD release, so the Band is done with that. Just the fact that this Band has been around for over 30 years & will not even do a 3 hr show is insane.

I was never that thrilled with the setlist to begin with. I never understood why they would open the show with "Breathe" instead of "Magnicifent" or "No Line on". Anyway with about 3 weeks left of the tour it would not fase me one bit if the Band was to just go through the motions & end it. The Shows at Giants Stadium were taped for a future DVD release, so the Band is done with that. Just the fact that this Band has been around for over 30 years & will not even do a 3 hr show is insane.
um, there are dates for next year.

I haven't heard anything about them filming for a DVD in Giants. As far as I know, there has been no filming for a DVD so far this tour, at least so far.

All I know is, I would have been pissed if I had gone to the DC show and it had been my only show. A 360 show without NLOTH and UK? That would have been like a ZOOTV show without The Fly and One......

They played New Years Day instead? How insane.....

Deary me. It was a late start due to having to replace a panel on the screen. They had to cut out something to get to the deadline. Now considering there's only one album they were playing 7 songs from, wouldn't that be the obvious choice.

i can't believe U2 has dropped NLOTH and UC for the REST OF THE TOUR!!!!!111 OMFG!!!1111 :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

WE'RE ONLY ONE STEP AWAY FROM GOYB OPENING AND CLOSING THE SET!!!!11342#@#!!!!!!!!!

onozomg.gif

Tonights setlist party will the intensity of a playoff game. :ohmy:

As long as NLOTH is back in and they play basic structure they have been up until the last show, all will be well with the world! ;) :lol: At least for me.

Maybe we will get Vertigo x2!!!!!!!!! :drool: ;)

Back
Top Bottom