Setlist Predictions / Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Line On The Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Vertigo
Out of Control
Beautiful Day
Gone
New Year's Day
Stand Up Comedy
Unknown Caller
Moment of Surrender
A Sort of Homecoming
Bad
Magnificent
Please
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
Walk On
--------------
City of Blinding Lights
Discotheque
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Breathe
--------------
With Or Without You
Cedars of Lebanon
Mothers of The Disappeared

i think love and peace is history..........bono's drum bit kind of made that song live. dont think he's gonna go there again. bono's voice has a lot to do with these songs being played. would love to hear hawkmoon again......the version from lovetown with edge's guitar sound gives me chills. however...that might be to obscure and have casual fans scratching their heads. love is blindness would be an awesome closer with that long guitar solo from edge:drool:

I could without
-Pride
-Bullet
-ISHFWILF
-Mysterious Ways
-NYD
-SBS

I would still like to hear
-Streets
-One
-Bad
-UTEOTW

Please bring back
-HMTMKMKM
-COBL
-Gone
-MOFO
-Please (full band)
-Stay (full band)
-WGRYWH (full band)

Don't even think about doing
-Vertigo
-ABOY
-Elevation
-SYCMIOYO
-Stuck

Stuff I REALLY Want To See
Discotheque: This is such a gem, especially live like the Vertigo tour versions. I think this one has potential to rock stadiums once again.

Mofo: I really think they should be pulling this one out of the closet as well. This song gets little appreciation despite the facts it is such an amazing song. Like Discotheque, I really think this one has potential. The band needs to get over their avoidance of all songs on Pop and there are GEMS on the album and people who WANT to hear the stuff.

Lady With The Spinning Head (snippet) --> The Fly: Seriously, I've heard of the results that tribute bands have done with this. I think The Fly needs a new direction, either a mix with Lady with The Spinning Head or snippeting it.

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me: I don't see this happening, but its nice to think about.

The Unforgettable Fire: Please for the love of God, do this song!

As much as I don't want to see them, the following arent going anywhere
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Beautiful Day/Elevation
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
One

Pretty Much Guaranteed (I would like to see these)
Vertigo
I Will Follow/Gloria/The Cry-Electric Co.
Where The Streets Have No Name
City Of Blinding Lights
Bullet The Blue Sky
New Years Day
40/Bad (As closer ONLY)

These are some that still have potential
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of/Walk On
Miss Sarajevo
Original Of The Species

The DONT BRING backs
Love And Peace Or Else
Window In The Skies
Miracle Drug
All Because Of You
Angel Of Harlem
The Saints Are Coming
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Yahweh

I think a POP opening the encore would be ideal!

Mofo into discotheque!

Oh yeah!

Well, let's see what happens....last tour they played a bunch of tunes from Boy that I'm sure we never thought we'd hear again....

It's possible; and I think it's attractive to them in the sense that after 10 years these tunes would hold up live, thus justifying the album to them somehow after all the apologizing they've done for it.

01 No line on the horizon
02 Get on your boots
03 Breathe
04 Until the end of the world
05 New years's day
06 Moment of surrender
07 Unknow caller
08 Fez
09 Stand up
10 In a little while
11 11 o'clock tick tock
12 Beautiful day
13 Crazy tonight
14 Stuck in a moment
15 New York
16 Sunday bloody sunday

17 Magnificient
18 One
19 Original of the species

21 Vertigo
22 The unforgettable fire
23 The cedars of Lebanon
24 City of blinding lights

Must Be Dropped
Pride
ISHFWILF
Bullet The Blue Sky
LAPOE
Original Of The Species why do they persevere with a song that doesn't work in any form they try?)
All Because Of You (unless Bono plays second guitar on it to thicken the sound)
Miracle Drug
Stuck in A Moment
Sometimes You Can't Make It
Sunday Bloody Sunday

Must return

Mofo
Discotheque
Last Night On Earth
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Exit
Acrobat
Two hearts beat As one
Dirty Day
Lemon
Ultraviolet Light My Way

Get On Your Boots
Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Last Night On Earth
New Year's Day
Stand Up Comedy
Unknown Caller
Moment of Surrender
Two Hearts Beat As One
Exit
Magnificent
Dirty Day
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
Walk On
--------------
City of Blinding Lights
Discotheque
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Breathe
--------------
Lemon
With Or Without You
Mysterious Ways quote]

No line on the horizon
Get on your boots
Unknown caller
Until the end of the world
Bad/All I want is you (snippet)
Beautiful day
I will follow
Magnificent
Stand up comedy
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Moment of surrender
Original of the species
Please
Where the streets have no name

Elevation
Bullet the blue sky
The fly

City of blinding lights
MLK/One
Cedars of Lebanon
Wake up dead man

Fair weather fans in here...

I think more BOMB songs will appear on the setlist than you all think there will, similar to how more ATYCLB songs appeared on the Vertigo tour than many predicted. Bomb sold a jillion copies - the band and its management wont just forget that it happened.

That said, I think a lot of the setlist will be determined by the band's new technology. Would you be sick of Bullet if there were a sound spotlight?

I just want to see Pop Muzik open the show again ;)

Unknown caller
Get on your boots
Vertigo
Beautiful day
No Line on the Horizon
The Fly
Until the End of the World
New Years Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Fez
I will Follow
Cedars of Lebanon
Pride
Magnificent
Streets
Walk On/One/40

Elevation
City of Blinding Lights
Mysterious Ways
Winter

Zooropa
Ultraviolet
Bad

ok the second encore would just be too good.

Fair weather fans in here...

I think more BOMB songs will appear on the setlist than you all think there will, similar to how more ATYCLB songs appeared on the Vertigo tour than many predicted. Bomb sold a jillion copies - the band and its management wont just forget that it happened.

That said, I think a lot of the setlist will be determined by the band's new technology. Would you be sick of Bullet if there were a sound spotlight?

I just want to see Pop Muzik open the show again ;)

For most of the Vertigo Tour there was only Beautiful Day and Elevation. Walk On, Stuck, Kite and IALW made only sporadic appearances. Hell - The Saints Are Coming was played more often than all of those bar Stuck!

Ultimately it comes down to how the band feels older material fits the new tour concept, and how well Bono can sing.

Songs that need a rest:

Bullet the Blue Sky
Elevation
Sunday Bloody Sunday (not sure, it is a highlight in the show because the crowd does get into it. It's just that it's been played on the last several tours.)
ISHFWILF
I Will Follow
Acoustic set

Songs I would like to see return:

Mofo
Ultraviolet
Even Better Than the Real Thing
Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car
Discotheque
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
God Part II
Walk On (full band)
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (full band)
Kite
Exit
The Unforgettable Fire
MLK
Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World

I wonder if they'll play both City of Blinding Lights and WTSHNN on this next tour. I would love to see them both in the setlist but since they are sort of similar songs in structure I wonder if they will. I remember they always are considering dropping Streets when they are considering the setlist for a tour. I really hope both songs return though. COBL would be good for an encore. :hmm:

Heres what I'd want from the next tour in no particular order:

8/9 songs off of NLOTH
Bad
I still haven't found what I'm looking for (popmart style)
One/Unchained Melody
Wild Horses
Love Is Blindness
Stay (full band)
Dirty Day
HMTMKMKM
Discotheque
Mofo
Please
Kite
In a Little While
Vertigo
Original of the Species (bono on the guitar)
Electrical Storm

I think if they go back to the Tomb Raider mix for Elevation it might be okay in a Get On Your Boots/Vertigo/Elevation segment some nights.

Must Be Dropped
Original Of The Species why do they persevere with a song that doesn't work in any form they try?)

I thought it worked well when they did it live on TV (Letterman? SNL? Leno? can't remember) with Bono on the Guitar and then they did it that style again later in the tour after trying to do it without Bono on the guitar.

I thought it worked well when they did it live on TV (Letterman? SNL? Leno? can't remember) with Bono on the Guitar and then they did it that style again later in the tour after trying to do it without Bono on the guitar.

Sure, ultimately it's a matter of opinion of course, but for some reason I don't feel any version has really been brilliant. The best was the rendition did at the San Siro in my view, with Bono on electric guitar.

Magnificent
Get On Your Boots
A Day Without Me
Ultraviolet
Beautiful Day
Stay
Breathe
Kite
Heartland
A Sort Of Homecoming
Two Hearts Beat As One
Trip Through Your Wires
White As Snow
No Line On The Horizon
City Of Blinding Lights
Myserious Ways
Moment Of Surrender
If God Will Send His Angels
An Cat Dubh/ Into The heart
Fez - Being Born
Gloria
Angel Of Harlem
Stand Up Comedy

Wow, I would love that

I think this is somewhat realistic. I would love to see this set live (although there are admittedly some songs here to keep some other people in the room entertained too).

1. Unknown Caller
2. Get on Your Boots
3. No Line on the Horizon
4. Vertigo
5. Beautiful Day
6. New Year's Day
7. A Sort of Homecoming
8. Magnificent
9. Pride (in the Name of Love)
10. Moment of Surrender
11. One
12. Bullet the Blue Sky
13. With or Without You
14. Please
15. One Tree Hill
16. Gloria
17. Discotheque
18. Even Better than the Real Thing

19. Mofo
20. Where the Streets Have No Name
21. City of Blinding Lights

22. Bad
23. Zooropa
24. Mysterious Ways
25. Cedars of Lebanon
26. Love is Blindness

Bono would play piano on Beautiful Day, New Year's Day, COBL, Zooropa (the whole thing-piano instead of synths) and the intro to Mysterious Ways. He would also enter a riff to be looped by the sound guys every night before WOWY and Bad instead of the synthesizer loops. (as if he can play.)

Also, there would be mind-blowing transitions between Bad-->Zooropa-->Mysterious Ways, and also between WOWY / Please. The whole first encore would be a continuous suite...and I put too much thought into this.

I think this is somewhat realistic. I would love to see this set live (although there are admittedly some songs here to keep some other people in the room entertained too).

1. Unknown Caller
2. Get on Your Boots
3. No Line on the Horizon
4. Vertigo
5. Beautiful Day
6. New Year's Day
7. A Sort of Homecoming
8. Magnificent
9. Pride (in the Name of Love)
10. Moment of Surrender
11. One
12. Bullet the Blue Sky
13. With or Without You
14. Please
15. One Tree Hill
16. Gloria
17. Discotheque
18. Even Better than the Real Thing

19. Mofo
20. Where the Streets Have No Name
21. City of Blinding Lights

22. Bad
23. Zooropa
24. Mysterious Ways
25. Cedars of Lebanon
26. Love is Blindness

Bono would play piano on Beautiful Day, New Year's Day, COBL, Zooropa (the whole thing-piano instead of synths) and the intro to Mysterious Ways. He would also enter a riff to be looped by the sound guys every night before WOWY and Bad instead of the synthesizer loops. (as if he can play.)

Also, there would be mind-blowing transitions between Bad-->Zooropa-->Mysterious Ways, and also between WOWY / Please. The whole first encore would be a continuous suite...and I put too much thought into this.

Bono should also play the synth intro to Mofo, plus lead guitar on Streets to free up The Edge on keyboard.

I really think what you are suggesting would be awesome, I'm just not sure he's up to it. Even when he plays guitar it's turned down so you can't hear it.

So after reading reviews on the album can we now come to the conclusion that GOYB will be followed by F-BB? As like a second let me in the sound part after the end of the song much like Stories For Boys was snippeted then they would just play F-BB like normal?

If U2 didn't cater so much to the almighty dollar and still had some real-life music skills we would see setlists like this. Random setlists that span the entire catalogue. However, I'm sure we'll get the typical greatest hits tour with all the silly songs like Boots, Vertigo, Elevation etc.

Show some balls U2! Go see a Phish show for some pointers

Set 1
ZooStation
Twilight
Bad
Who's Gonna Ride Wild Horses
11 Clock Tick Tock
Ultraviolet
Bullet the Blue Sky
In a Little While
I Threw a Brick Through a Window
Kite
In God's Country
Lemon

Set 2
Streets
Gone
Wild Honey
Surrender
Playboy Mansion
Crumbs from Your Table
Party Girl
Touch
Trying to Throw Arms Around World
The Wanderer
Elvis Presley and America
Exit

Encore
When I look at the World
All I want is You
Please

Bono can't really play instruments you know— it's for show. They pretty much just hit a play button and have guys under the stage in the shadows playing filler. In other words a Jona's Brother's show for "grown-ups" lol :p

magnificent
crazy tonight
get on your boots
vertigo
exit
stand up comedy
dirty day
the fly
zoo station
mofo
ultraviolet light
unknown caller
fez-being born
please
city of blinding lights
where the streets have no name
walk on
miss sarejavo
no line on the horizon

____

love is blindness
breathe
cedars

___

white as snow

likely?

i'm seeing some definite stretches in this thread. one thing to remember is that if U2 do stadiums with a huge ZooTV or Popmart type production, chances of varied setlists decrease because it's harder for the band to switch things up when they have corresponding video or other effects.

i do like the mention of a Magnificent-Streets segue.

Bono can't really play instruments you know— it's for show. They pretty much just hit a play button and have guys under the stage in the shadows playing filler. In other words a Jona's Brother's show for "grown-ups" lol :p

Bono is a more competent guitarist than we give him credit for being. His guitar is definitely audible on a number of songs.

Back
Top Bottom