Setlist Predictions / Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
acrobat live?..................ha ha ha ha ha ha........................:lol:

From song descriptions i would say the opening song on the tour will one of the following:-

Get on your boots, No Line on the Horizon or Stand Up Comedy

It should start with a Bono speech, just to let everyone know what they're in for the rest of the night.

ATYCLB (2) : B Day is almost certain, so is elevation

Elevation is done. This new album certainly has its share of rockers and "Elevation" only returned last time because it was slightly re-imagined. There will either be 1 or 2 songs from ATYCLB on this tour. Beautiful Day is a lock; Walk On should be. Truth be told, while I do think the Elevation tour might've been their best, a lot of that album was pretty unplayable in a live setting. "Stuck" & "Elevation" were played enough on the recent tours and hardly seem like essential staples, so this album really could get the short shrift.

Elevation is done. This new album certainly has its share of rockers and "Elevation" only returned last time because it was slightly re-imagined. There will either be 1 or 2 songs from ATYCLB on this tour. Beautiful Day is a lock; Walk On should be. Truth be told, while I do think the Elevation tour might've been their best, a lot of that album was pretty unplayable in a live setting. "Stuck" & "Elevation" were played enough on the recent tours and hardly seem like essential staples, so this album really could get the short shrift.

Wouldn't it be cool if they played New York again, though?

POP songs will make a comeback and receive the credit they are long overdue in a live setting-Do You Feel Loved, Mofo, Last Night on Earth, Velvet Dress and Please could make cameos.

How about When I Look at the World and New York from All That....??? long shots but would be cool. Besides Beautiful Day, I believe Kite and Walk On could pop up.

I think we will hear less from Achtung and Joshua Tree on this tour-the staples such as One and Streets will be there. Would love to hear In God's Country and Ultraviolet, though. Could surprise us with a little Exit?

How about Surrender since Bono said theme of NLOTH could be surrender??

I also predict some love for Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me and the live debut of Electrical Storm.

From Bomb, Vertigo and COBL. I still think All Because of You can work this time. Occasional Crumbs and Sometimes could happen as well. Fast Cars!

The Unforgettable Fire!!!! I think U2 feels the surge of appreciation for this album and will get showcased on this tour. It contains some of U2's most timeless music. Pretty much all of it is fair game except for Elvis Presley (although would love to see them attempt this one live!!)

If only they'd play Heartland, would bring the house down.

Well, that's my predicitions (wishes)!

Heartland and RHMT could just be absolutely fucking unreal live...if Bono could just pull it off, dammit, I really think he could though today....:pray:

prediction of old songs that will make a comeback:

Seconds
UF(they will try, fail miserably and drop it again)
Even better than the real thing
Love is blindness
Some song from POP which they havent played since POP

Crumbs should be played...often. great tune. I say rotate that one and Walk On during this tour.

I meant to also include LAPOE on my post earlier as Bomb songs that might get played.

i don`t believe in great modifications in setlist tour... hardly they go to remove some classic of set ... I would like that they really innovated...my dream: to take off Pride, and play UNFORGETTABLE FIRE… to take off Suday bloody sunday, and play ULTRAVIOLET…

in this tour they could more make a show directed the fans, REM, Bowie and Pearl jam style!!

it has some musics that already had fulled the bag… could be removed by a time of shows… PRIDE for example are played direct since that it was launched in 1984… arrives, they could give a time :huh:

Back
Top Bottom