Setlist Predictions / Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I reckon they will drop Elevation and Pride from heavy rotation. I also reckon that we won't see many tunes from Boy/October this time since they revisited them on Vertigo. I think we'll be more likely to see stuff from Unforgettable Fire coming back - maybe UF itself or A Sort of Homecoming.

Instead of the Zoo TV revival I think we'll see a Pop or Zooropa comeback - my money is on Mofo, Discotheque, Last Night On Earth, Dirty Day, Daddys Gonna Pay...
Because I have yet to see them play live obviously I want the surefire hits of Streets, WOWY, One, Bullet in the setlist, but I'll also be pissed if they drop Mysterious Ways!

I also think they will drop 40 - that again was a nice feature of Vertigo but to do it again this time round is too predictable.

My predictions:

1. Pride, WOWY and Streets stay.
2. Bullet, SBS and LAPOE are dropped.
3. Unforgettable Fire songs like Sort of Homecoming, TUF and Bad might be played a lot through the tour.
4. In God's Country returns probably in acoustic form.
5. Some surprises from Zooropa and Pop might make the setlist.
6. COBL, Vertigo, Sometimes and Beautiful Day are all that remain from the last two albums.

But who knows? :shrug:

Well, I started this thread for fun. Too bad some U2 fans have turned shallow. People need to learn to have fun with things like this other than attack people with names. Those people are the ones ranked somewhere between pointless and stupid. It makes us all question how proud we are to be U2 fans

SMB

dont think bono can hit the high parts in unforgettable fire anymore........we'll see

Mysterious ways in and some more Pop material this time. Would fit in with the new album songs most likely.

It would definitely be nice to have Streets not as final song before the first encore. Bring it back early in the list (like they did sometimes with Lovetown) or as a closer or something. I don't know any of the new songs except Boots (we all don't), so it's hard to say something decent about it. A lot of UF and/or Pop-material would be great:love:

It would definitely be nice to have Streets not as final song before the first encore. Bring it back early in the list (like they did sometimes with Lovetown) or as a closer or something. I don't know any of the new songs except Boots (we all don't), so it's hard to say something decent about it. A lot of UF and/or Pop-material would be great:love:

I'd personally love to see it go into one of No Line's epic tracks before the first encore. Sort of like how Please went into it on Popmart, but in this case Streets would take the role of Please. :up:

mmmm 7 or so tracks from NLOH plus the usual suspects and I hope MLK, Unforgetable Fire and Love is Blindness

I think it would be great if there were no Streets, Pride, One, SBS, ISHFWLF, WOWY, Mysterious Ways and BTBS on the setlist anymore. I think it would be challenging in a very positive way for them to come up with other songs, different versions and ultimately performances that made the shows as good as a show with those songs. Those songs have been played far too many times before and it's time to give them a rest. I'm not saying they couldn’t play them anymore, but a rest would be most welcomed. It could spark a great creative moment for their live performances.

What always attracted me about U2 was their ability to move forward and be different. They are not a greatest hits band and they can do without those songs.

The only one I wouldn't mind coming back would be BTBS cause it's the only one on that list that U2 doesn't have a similar one on their catalogue I think.

I'd personally love to see it go into one of No Line's epic tracks before the first encore. Sort of like how Please went into it on Popmart, but in this case Streets would take the role of Please. :up:
Could be interesting. Just shake things up, then it's allright with me:up:

god they HAVE to get rid of bullet the blue sky. too much. they can play streets because everyone loves streets, but after the vertigo tour they've ridden BTBS as much as they can. I liked it, but i think it's done, and it'd be just taking up space.

I think people will be surprised by their choices from AB. I think you might get fly, but one and MW might not appear as frequently as usual. I think they might view this as a chance to "redeem" some of the material from POP and Zooropa. They could easily fit in Daddy's, do you feel loved, MOFO, maybe even last night on earth, ultraviolet. (don't think acrobat is going to happen again)

but my dream, hands down, for a slow burn encore, is if you wear that velvet dress and/or love is blindness. oh dear lord magnificence.

whoever said Seconds - that'd be a great pairing with SBS. seconds into SBS would bring shit down.

and I think, just like people complained about last time, streets is gonna be different. They want to keep it bc it's a live powerhouse, but I'd expect it to be tweaked a bit. If Bono can officially play piano now, and it sounded like they mic'd his guitar in the chorus of GOYB, then we might be seeing less "underworld" staff playing effects and triggering samples, and a bit more of the boys doing their experimental thing.

Oh, and Electric Co. PLEASE.

1. No Line on the Horizon
2. Get on your Boots
3. Even Better Than the Real Thing
4. New Years Day
5. Unkown Caller
6. Beautiful Day
7. Unforgetable Fire
8. Kite
9. Magnificent
10. Crazy Tonight

ACOUSTIC
11. Sometimes you can't make it
12. Angel of Harlem

13. City Of Blinding Lights
14. Breathe
15. With or Without You
16. Where the Streets Have No Name
17. Still Hav'nt Found
18. Moment of Surrender

19. Mofo
20. Discotheque
21. Stand Up Comedy
22. Vertigo
23. One

Somewhat Realistic:

1) No Line
2) Boots
3) Vertigo
4) Crazy Tonight
5) I Will Follow
6) Still Haven't Found
7) Beautiful Day
8) UTEOTW
9) New Year's Day
10) Unknown Caller
11) The Fly
12) Mysterious Ways
13) Angel of Harlem/Desire/Stay
14) Miss Sarajevo
15) Bullet or SBS
16) Pride
17) Streets
18) Magnificent
--encore--
19) City of Blinding Lights
20) Stand Up Comedy
21) Breathe
22) WOWY / Shine Like Stars
23) The First Time
24) One / Hear Us Coming
25) Cedars of Lebanon
26) Bad / 40 / A / Gazillion / Other / Snippets

Very, very realistic:

1) Wake Up Dead Man
2) "40"
3) Ito Okashi
4) Lady with the Spinning Head
5) Miami
6) Elvis Presley and America
7) Elvis Ate America
8) Shine Like Stars / With or Without You (snippet)
9) Sweetest Thing / Beautiful Day (snippet)
10) Pump it Up / Boots (snippet) / Vertigo (snippet)
11) Grace
12) Heartland (Larry on vocals, Bono on drums)
13) Some Day Are Better Than Others / Stuck in a Moment (snippet)
--ACOUSTIC SECTION--
14) Vertigo
15) Mofo
16) Elevation
--BONO ON PIANO SECTION--
17) Hawkmoon
18) BTBS
19) Watchtower
--encore--
20) Vertigo
21) Cartoon World
22) Red Light (Adam singing in falsetto for female vocal simulation) / Vertigo (snippet)
23) Vertigo / Vertigo (snippet)
24) Vertigo (snippet) / Stand Up Comedy (snippet) / Vertigo
25) THTBA (Edge singing, with Dallas providing Opera vocals)
26) Vertigo
27) TUF (snippet) / Mofo (Phunk Phorce Mix)
28) Vertigo
29) "40" (snippet) / 42

I'm hoping they'll stop playing SBS and BTBS, they seemed kinda worn out playing those ones on the last tour, although they worked great on the Elevation tour. I'm hoping maybe they'll play Discotheque (They couple times they played it last tour were awesome), Ultraviolet, HMTMKMKM, or WGRYWH. Good stuff...

Very, very realistic:

1) Wake Up Dead Man
2) "40"
3) Ito Okashi
4) Lady with the Spinning Head
5) Miami
6) Elvis Presley and America
7) Elvis Ate America
8) Shine Like Stars / With or Without You (snippet)
9) Sweetest Thing / Beautiful Day (snippet)
10) Pump it Up / Boots (snippet) / Vertigo (snippet)
11) Grace
12) Heartland (Larry on vocals, Bono on drums)
13) Some Day Are Better Than Others / Stuck in a Moment (snippet)
--ACOUSTIC SECTION--
14) Vertigo
15) Mofo
16) Elevation
--BONO ON PIANO SECTION--
17) Hawkmoon
18) BTBS
19) Watchtower
--encore--
20) Vertigo
21) Cartoon World
22) Red Light (Adam singing in falsetto for female vocal simulation) / Vertigo (snippet)
23) Vertigo / Vertigo (snippet)
24) Vertigo (snippet) / Stand Up Comedy (snippet) / Vertigo
25) THTBA (Edge singing, with Dallas providing Opera vocals)
26) Vertigo
27) TUF (snippet) / Mofo (Phunk Phorce Mix)
28) Vertigo
29) "40" (snippet) / 42

:lol::applaud::lol::applaud::lol::applaud:

Ok, without having heard the songs at all, (ill go on beach clips, and descriptions)

1. Unknown Caller
2. No Line on the Horizon
3. Moment of Surrender
4. Even Better That The Real Thing
5. Mysterious Ways
6. A Sort of Homecoming
7. Get On Your Boots
8. Beautiful Day
9. Sunday Bloody Sunday
10. Stand Up
11. Stay
12. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
13. Crazy Tonight
14. Gone
15. Fez-Being Born
16. Where the Streets Have No Name

17. City of Blinding Lights
18. Vertigo
19. Acrobat
20. The Fly

21. Magnificent
22. White As Snow
23. With or Without you
24. Cedars of Lebanon

Apart from it being gross speculation, there are four things I think that are different, and REAL possibilities...

1. Opening with Unknown Caller. It would be ethereal, amazing to slow burn into it, and then hit the chorus on the ascending guitar and then WHOOO-OO-ooo-OH!!! Magic

2. Sunday Bloody Sunday into Stand Up. Their big protest rocker into what is meant to be a dirty Zepplin-esque romp.

3. City of Blinding Lights opening the first encore. It was the perfect opener on vertigo, so it'd be nice to launch into it from silence, rather than off the back of a song.

4. 24 songs. I know they are long songs, but so many acts are putting on longer shows now. You pay a lot for the ticket, and I think they'll try and hit 2:30 rather than just break 2:00

can bono's voice and or larry's wrists handle 24 songs and two and a half hours? they are older

Back
Top Bottom