Set list from 360 DVD, things to come?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa1310

War Child
I don't know if anyone caught this or if it's old news. I took this screen from the documentary on the DVD...

set.jpg

Drowning Man, Bad, Electrical Storm?

Hmmm :)

I'd guess it's from a European show, since we know they were soundchecking Drowning Man and played Electrical Storm at a few shows.

I don't think it's a harbinger of things to come, necessarily. Just a memento of how things changed from the initial ideas and setlists.

:lol: Unforgettable man?

I too reckon this is just a soundcheck setlist. Songs are played in a more random order at them.

Hmm...SBS as an opener? UC closing the main set? An acoustic version of "Walk On?"
Definitely interesting, but I'm glad they went with the setlist we know and love. Breathe opening the encore could have been cool, though.

FAKE EDIT: Also, Unforgettable Man. :lol:

:lol: Unforgettable man?

I too reckon this is just a soundcheck setlist. Songs are played in a more random order at them.

Exactly!

You can see 10/6 at the top, which possible means 10th of June, a couple weeks before the tour's start.

Probably was just a list of songs they were running through at the time to get ready.

If memory serves correctly, everything on there but Drowning Man made an appearance at a show.

Exactly!

You can see 10/6 at the top, which possible means 10th of June, a couple weeks before the tour's start.

Probably was just a list of songs they were running through at the time to get ready.

If memory serves correctly, everything on there but Drowning Man made an appearance at a show.

OH good eyes! I hadn't noticed that yet. And yeah, it means 10th of June. :) European way of putting the time. Besides there wouldn't be a reason for them to have a rehearsal in october.
:wink: And unforgettable man, ofcourse.

Yeah, Elevation and Bad were premiered in Amsterdam, ES has been played at Barca2, I think milano 2 and Goteborg I think it was. Just the elusive Drowning man. It was pretty cool to hear them rehearse it in Dublin, same with ES, but I still would love to have them actually play it.

Would be nice if Electric Co. returns after Vertigo. Love that song. Wish Drowning Man made it into the setlist.

Look at the date. 10 June. That's just before public rehearsals began in Barcelona. It's probably from the batcave in Dublin.

I don't know if anyone caught this or if it's old news. I took this screen from the documentary on the DVD...

set.jpg

Drowning Man, Bad, Electrical Storm?

Hmmm :)

Look at the date. 10 June. That's just before public rehearsals began in Barcelona. It's probably from the batcave in Dublin.

Things to come? I don't think so. Looks more like a rough draft that was tried during Barcelona rehearsals, where they did rehearse Drowning Man - only to never play it!

On the DVD this set list appears in a montage of film from the Nou Camp, Barcelona, a few shots later you see the set list and the man in unforgettable is scribbled out, heheheh,

I doubt this was a set they were gonna use, I don't think it would have worked too well, as said earlier, I'd say it was just a list of songs for rehearsals,

BTW, I'd say everyone knows at this stage but there is a hidden feature on Disc One, when your on Audio Options press Left and it cuts to the 21 day countdown videos from U2.Com, pretty sweet, as close as we got to Drowning Man! :sad:...............YET! :hyper:

I doubt they'll ever try it again. Except if they start playing for smaller audiences again.

The only thing I hope is a sign of things to come, from the actual DVD setlist from The Rose Bowl is In God's Country!!

It was BRILLIANTLY snippeted in Beautiful Day.

But the whole song would be even better.

You're damn right! Would be easily one of the better songs they could pull out of the back catalog!

I was saying that I was hoping the snippet was a preview of full performances!

Mentioned this already in a different thread, but I believe we got a very brief EBTTRT snippet before Edge's slide solo in Magnificent. The lyrics were something like "we slip and we slide..."

That and the fact it was very, very briefly soundchecked earlier that day (only a couple seconds of that intro part) means it could show up next leg. I hope it will anyway.

Hmmm, I suppose it was just wishful thinking on my part as it immediately reminded me of the song. Kinda close but no cigar. Sorry.....

Still hope it makes a return someday. Would pair up nicely with Crazy Tonight, IMHO.

EBTTRT was soundchecked on Vertigo, but no dice. Even the Elevation tour it only last something like a half dozen shows.

Uh, how is this an answer on my question? :huh: Why did you quote me at all?

It would be cool to hear that song again. I just don't hear the snippet.

Didn't that Second Life tribute band say something about being featured in a EBTTRT video montage for Glasto? Granted, that was probably a very different setlist than what they had planned for 360, but it could be another case where they "rediscover" a song, like SBS on Popmart.

Back
Top Bottom