Same band every night! Ugh.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And do we really need that same stage EVERY night? you would think they would mix it up a little!!!212!!

rating_1.gif

rating_5.gif

U2 has been a utter-sh!t band, under a same ol' sh!t members and management since 1976. It's time for change. Yes we can!!! ***gets da pitchfork***:fist:

No, I was giving GAF's post five stars. There are too many joke threads here trying to prove a point, and they're all pretty much the same.

Yes, let's get serious people. I mean the set list threads, which version of crazy tonight is better and will U2 play Drowning Man are very very SERIOUS.

I'm having fun and most of us here are -- but most of these threads to me are joke threads. I guess it's all perspective.

But in all seriousness, I did hear from a friend close to the band, that they will be playing only covers for their next show. I won't ruin it for you by posting the entire setlist, but it's got hits from the 50s all the way up to today.

SPOILER ALERT

Bono and Edge do an acoustic version of Miley Cyrus' The Climb. No word on if they will do a remix also.

But in all seriousness, I did hear from a friend close to the band, that they will be playing only covers for their next show. I won't ruin it for you by posting the entire setlist, but it's got hits from the 50s all the way up to today.

:hyper:

SPOILER ALERT

Bono and Edge do an acoustic version of Miley Cyrus' The Climb. No word on if they will do a remix also

:love::bono::heart::edge::love:

In all seriousness, how awesome is it that after 30 years (or however long it's been since Dick Evans quit) it's still the same 4 guys album after album, tour after tour? They have only had ONE gig where a stand-in was required. Who else can say that?

Aerosmith has the same 5 members as the original line-up, but they had 2 replacement members temporarily in the early 80s. When I saw them in 2006, bassist Tom Hamilton was undergoing treatment for cancer, so they had a replacement. And now on their current tour, guitarist Brad Whitford is ill with something and they have a stand-in guitarist.

Same four members?

Technically not correct.

They've replaced Bono with clones, oodles of times, don't you know?

Why do you think he can't remember his own lyrics?

Yes, let's get serious people. I mean the set list threads, which version of crazy tonight is better and will U2 play Drowning Man are very very SERIOUS.

I'm having fun and most of us here are -- but most of these threads to me are joke threads. I guess it's all perspective.

SPOILER ALERT

Bono and Edge do an acoustic version of Miley Cyrus' The Climb. No word on if they will do a remix also.

This whole part of the forum's a joke. That's probably why this attempt at a joke thread just doesn't seem funny in comparison. No offence or nothin'. Keep reaching for those stars, daddy cool.

I don't like this mockery of people who have legitimate gripes about the setlist. All I've been advocating is about three changes in favour of Pop and Zooropa songs- it's not unreasonable.

I don't like this mockery of people who have legitimate gripes about the setlist. All I've been advocating is about three changes in favour of Pop and Zooropa songs- it's not unreasonable.

Yes but it's funny to many because the gripes started during the rehearsals!!! They show up in every thread, even those that hardly have anything to do with the tour, and whereas one or two are reasonable, the majority of the gripes I've heard are worthless...

And we're legitimately enjoying this thread.

Gripes are all fine and good, but when it's the same ones over and over again, it gets old. Who wouldn't like to hear songs from those albums? But I also know the feasibility of it happening is highly unlikely, so I put my big girl britches on and deal.

It's not a mock at people or gripes. It's just having fun with it.

I hope one day they play LEMON at a concert I'm at, but you don't find it slightly amusing that us posting our reasonable set lists on a fan message board is going to get the job done?

If all of us came to 100% agreement and 10,000 of us sent a petition to the band -- they still would be playing whatever they wanted to play.

It's not a mock at people or gripes. It's just having fun with it.

I hope one day they play LEMON at a concert I'm at, but you don't find it slightly amusing that us posting our reasonable set lists on a fan message board is going to get the job done?

If all of us came to 100% agreement and 10,000 of us sent a petition to the band -- they still would be playing whatever they wanted to play.

Of course- I dispute none of that. Unlike Bono I don't live under the illusion that I can change the world, but if I want to moan anyway, I shall. We're all on this site because to some, extent, we care.

Clerks you are hilarious.:lol:

Thank you and many others. I was just told that I can't post any more threads like the two I did. The person that told me I love.

But pretty much a few people complain and we enter the censorship zone that I hate. FCC type stuff that I hate. The complete OPPOSITE of what U2 and it's fans stand for.

There have been plenty of threads I didn't like and some awful posts that attack people in horrible ways -- I just let it go.

I at least respect the people that complained to me directly or in this thread. To go to the moderator for a comedy thread is just downright sad.

I didn't know my threads were so awful that it caused you such heartache. People are so self obsessed they take a general joke at all us U2 fans as personal attacks on them.

I would expect this treatment in a Garth Brooks forum not U2. Been coming here for 5 years. I guess it's time to move on then. I don't want to cause the 2 people that were offended any more harm to their fragile egos.

Private correspondence that members have with moderators are to remain private.

Lets please move on.

Back
Top Bottom