Rumored Rome Setlist...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
Opens as normal
1 - Return of the Stingray Guitar
2 - Beautiful Day
3 - I Will Follow

**But then BAM! they pull a fast one on us!**

4 - Mofo
5 - Last Night On Earth
6 - Gone
7 - Numb
8 - Staring At The Sun (acoustic)
9 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
10 - Miami
11 - Mysterious Ways/Even Better Than The Real Thing (Perfecto remix)
12 - Zooropa
13 - If God Will Send His Angels
14 - Dirty Day
15 - Discotheque
16 - Do You Feel Loved/Pride (In The Name of Love) (snippet)
17 - Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
18 - The Playboy Mansion/Where The Streets Have No Name (snippet)
19 - Please
---ENCORE BREAK---
20 - Lemon
21 - The First Time
22 - If You Wear That Velvet Dress/With or Without You (snippet)
23 - Wake Up Dead Man
And then after the show, Bono comes back on stage and says, "There! That make you f**king happy Interference??!! Goddamn!" And then walks off.

***:wink:***

No, Bono's going back to Germany to have his engineers implant the lyrics to all the songs in his brain. :up:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

My guess is that they would get to about Mysterious Ways and then give up and go home. :wink:

Literally every post in this thread is comedy gold.

Also, you forgot Acrobat and Mercy (Ripping The Stitches Mix). :wink:

That might literally be the worst U2 gig ever, if they actually did that. Seriously, worst ever.

It would be a terrible set if they did that.

But I just thought I would be funny and pull this joke. Much love everyone :hug:

Just to clear a few things they've actually been rehearsing Relax (snippet)/The First Time/Two Tribes (snippet)/Don't Stop till' You Get Enough (snippet)/Salome (snippet)

Numb will also performed acapella in complete darkness, with Edge using auto-tune.

In all seriousness, I'm sure the boys will pull out all the stops for the final show in Europe.

Hope you guys going to the show get Bad!!! And BFFTS!!!!! And EBW!!! And MERCY!!!!! And Glastonbury!!!! And North Star!!!!!! And POP!!!!!

Lol :D

But really, I bet they'll play Bad again, as they were possibly going to at Coimbra II. And hopefully we'll get some more Spiderman love. Maybe U2 will do a 'superhero themed night' and play BFFTS, HMTMKMKM, and unveil a new Superman song they've been hiding.

And hopefully we'll get some more Spiderman love. Maybe U2 will do a 'superhero themed night' and play BFFTS, HMTMKMKM, and unveil a new Superman song they've been hiding.
Agreed. This needs to be a trilogy.

Also, HMTM... > BFFTS > UV > MOS would be the greatest encore ever performed by any band ever.

^^
I can see everything on that setlist being played. Except October and North Star.

I bet they'll do Pride instead of North Star and SBS instead of October.

But I still think they are gonna pull out another huge surprise for us, in that Rome is the last show for several weeks and the final show of the European leg. I bet they'll have a 25 song set and play BFFTS again for sure. Hopefully they'll have a surprise song in the encore or maybe play Discotheque or something awesome from POP during the main set.

I haven't been this excited for a show yet, just because--knowing this band--they're going to pull out all the stops for it! :hyper:

Haha, that is completely true.

I could see Bono doing a snippet of October before New Year's Day though....sort of like back in the day's of it's position on the Joshua Tree tour

All right, here's my (somewhat realistic) crack at a setlist for Rome:
1) Return of the Stingray Guitar
2) BD
3) I Will Follow
4) GOYB
5) Magnificent
6) Mysterious Ways
7) Elevation
8) UTEOTW
9) ISHFWILF
10) Mercy
11) BFFTS
12) IALW
13) Miss Sarajevo
14) COBL
15) Vertigo
16) CT Remix
17) SBS
18) MOTD
19) Walk On
-Tutu's BE-YOOOOOOOTIFUL Speech-
20) One
21) Streets
-Aliens-
22) HMTMKMKM
23) UV
24) WOWY
25) Bad
26) MOS

I realize the encore is a bit ridiculous, but, seeing as it's the last show of the leg, they might want to go all-out.

I definitely am excited for this and I could see them pulling a surprise or 2!

I will also do a realistic prediction:

Soon(PA intro) The atmosphere set when the last "Soons" are being repeated would lead very well into the Red Screen backlit Edge intro to Streets.

Red Screen/long intro

1.)Where The Streets Have No Name
2.)I Will Follow
3.)Get On Your Boots
4.)Beautiful Day
5.)Magnificent
6.)Mysterious Ways
7.)Elevation
8.)Until The End of The World
9.)Still Haven't Found
10.)Boy Falls From The Sky
11.)Stay(Full band)
12.)In A Little While
13.)Miss Sarajevo
14.)City of Blinding Lights
15.)Vertigo
16.)Crazy Remix for one verse/chorus right into full band full fledged Discotheque!!
17.)Sunday Bloody Sunday
18.)Mothers of The Disappeared
19.)Walk On
-----------------------Tutu--------------------------------------------
20.)One/Amazing Grace
21.)Bad/Ruby Tuesday/40
__________Encore________________________________________________Video
22.)HMTMKMKM
23.)Ultraviolet(Light My Way)
24.)With or Without You
Band leaves the stage after the thank yous.

Instrumental Intro: Return of The Stingray Guitar(Bono runs around asking if anyone wants to go home, etc)

25.)Out of Control
26.)Moment of Surrender

-Last show of the leg has historically been surprise time. They've done 3 Italian shows already, so a shake up is pretty likely. They'll have a long time to rest, so 26 songs should be more than feasible. Plus, they've played 26 plenty of times before.

-Streets into I Will Follow was way too good of a 1-2 punch to not be tried again at least once!

-I am well aware that #11 is wishful thinking, as another new song, Desire or most likely, Party Girl all have much better chances here.

-Out of Control is probably a bit unrealistic as well. Party Girl again is a better prediction.

A somewhat realistic prediction with nothing riding on it puts OOC and Stay in there as they are two of my favorites. If I had money or anything else riding on my prediction, Party Girl would definitely be there.

I can see them playing Bad again. Actually, I can almost guarantee that they will play that. I'm thinking they'll keep the encores the same, in that they'll have One > Streets > possibly Bad, unless they play it earlier. And then they'll probably do HMTM > UV > WOWY > MOS. But they may change one of the encore songs. They may possibly play Discotheque, that one does seem plausible too. BFFTS is a must as well!

Wow, if they played October in October that be insane. But then again I'm hoping for Miami in Miami.:drool:

Back
Top Bottom