Rose Bowl DVD setlist predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Alright, so you probably know by now that the Rose Bowl gig's being filmed for DVD and broadcast on YouTube. As a document of the 2009 legs of the tour, U2 will probably play a setlist that showcases and sums up this year's gigs.

So what do you think they'll play?

I expect one of two things, as the band have got fairly stuck on the one setlist this month. Option 1 is that it will be the 18 October 2009, Norman setlist, probably with In A Little While removed (it seems to me Unknown Caller has clearly been resurrected in readiness for filming). Option 2 is that they'll bring Your Blue Room into the mix to showcase all the NASA stuff and bring it to a wider audience via DVD. I'm currently leaning towards this option. I think if they do YBR, they might not just slot it into IALW's slot from the Norman set; they may instead return to an earlier segue of YBR --> Beautiful Day to avoid stalling the show with YBR/UC in succession.

So that would mean a setlist like this:

1. Breathe
2. Boots
3. Magnificent
4. Mysterious Ways
5. ISHFWILF
6. Stuck
7. NLOTH
8. Elevation
9. Your Blue Room
10. Beautiful Day
11. Unknown Caller
12. Until The End Of The World
13. The Unforgettable Fire
[You know how the rest goes]

I can think of a couple of other permutations, including YBR/NYD as was done in late September.

Your predictions?

nope, i just discovered this now :lol:

personally i think that they don't rotate the setlist enough but they also need to keep the casuals in the crowd happy but they should also play small gigs for the hardcore fans

Alright, so you probably know by now that the Rose Bowl gig's being filmed for DVD and broadcast on YouTube. As a document of the 2009 legs of the tour, U2 will probably play a setlist that showcases and sums up this year's gigs.

So what do you think they'll play?

I expect one of two things, as the band have got fairly stuck on the one setlist this month. Option 1 is that it will be the 18 October 2009, Norman setlist, probably with In A Little While removed (it seems to me Unknown Caller has clearly been resurrected in readiness for filming). Option 2 is that they'll bring Your Blue Room into the mix to showcase all the NASA stuff and bring it to a wider audience via DVD. I'm currently leaning towards this option. I think if they do YBR, they might not just slot it into IALW's slot from the Norman set; they may instead return to an earlier segue of YBR --> Beautiful Day to avoid stalling the show with YBR/UC in succession.

So that would mean a setlist like this:

1. Breathe
2. Boots
3. Magnificent
4. Mysterious Ways
5. ISHFWILF
6. Stuck
7. NLOTH
8. Elevation
9. Your Blue Room
10. Beautiful Day
11. Unknown Caller
[You know how the rest goes]

I can think of a couple of other permutations, including YBR/NYD as was done in late September.

Your predictions?

I have to agree, if they want to make the DVD as interesting as possible then they will have to include the YBR NASA stuff as well as Unknown Caller, I'd be perfectly happy if they do the same set as you've predicted.

I would just love UC and YBR on a DVD. Something tells me that YBR won't make it though. I think it came back just for Houston. Although you are right about the visuals, they seem to have spent a great deal of time and effort on them not to be recorded...

Which intro do you think they'll use for UltraViolet? My guess is Funeral Blues...

For the UV intro, my money's on the Zoobaby, which seems to have been used every show since its Tampa debut.

I think it'll be the same as Houston, with UC thrown in, but Axver's order would be better. If they have to remove a track from the DVD, it will probably be Stuck.

I would just love UC and YBR on a DVD. Something tells me that YBR won't make it though. I think it came back just for Houston. Although you are right about the visuals, they seem to have spent a great deal of time and effort on them not to be recorded...

Which intro do you think they'll use for UltraViolet? My guess is Funeral Blues...

For the UV intro, my money's on the Zoobaby, which seems to have been used every show since its Tampa debut.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference in those intro's and moreover, can we hear/see them somewhere? :reject:

I cant decide whether this is the set I expect or the set I want ... probably the latter. :lol:

1. Breathe
2. Get On Your Boots
3. Magnificent
4. Mysterious Ways
5. Still Haven't Found
6. NLOTH
7. Elevation
8. Your Blue Room
9. Beautiful Day
10. Unknown Caller
11. UTEOTW
12. Stay
13. Unforgettable Fire
14. City of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo
16. Crazy Tonight
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
18. MLK
19. Walk On

20. One
21. Streets
22. Ultraviolet
23. WOWY
24. Moment of Surrender

I think it'll be the same as Houston, with UC thrown in, but Axver's order would be better. If they have to remove a track from the DVD, it will probably be Stuck.

God I hope they toss out Stuck, but it's become such a fixture that I don't see it going anywhere. Plus, even though it's on two DVDs already, neither of them documents the acoustic version.

I like RoomOnFire's suggestion of UTEOTW/Stay/UF. Stay followed by UF sounded great the few times it was done in September.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference in those intro's and moreover, can we hear/see them somewhere? :reject:

There's been 3 intros/encore fillers used thus far:

1. Funeral Blues (Robot Voice)
2. ???Can't recall this one, think it was only used a handful of times??? (Axver?!)
3. ZooBaby singing Space Oddity...

The second one is that Maya Angelou poem ... I've forgotten its name now.

And the Zoobaby less sings Space Oddity and more just quotes various phrases associated with the tour; it does that "what time is it in the world?" line that Bono likes saying, for instance.

My guess would be this!

1. Breathe
2. Get On Your Boots
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Magnificent
5. (We Love you Intro) Beautiful Day
6. I Still Haven't Found What Im Looking For
7. In A Little While
8. No Line On The Horizon
9. Elevation
10. Your Blue Room(Live Space Chat of some sort)
11. Unknown Caller
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo
16. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight(Remix)
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
18. MLK
19. Walk On/ You'll Never Walk Alone(Snippet)
<Desmond Tutu Speech>

Encores:

20. One/ Amazing Grace(Snippet)
21. Where The Streets Have No Name/ All You Need Is Love(Snippet)
22. Bad/40

23. Ultraviolet(Light My Way)
24. With Or Without You
25. Moment Of Surrender

Defiantly see them bringing in bad for the shoot, and your blue room to talk about the whole space stuff and the claw being there spaceship. Apart from that, it should be a pretty much safe setlist. Even though i have a gut feeling they will start with GOYB, just to send the crowd wild straight away.

My guess would be this!

1. Breathe
2. Get On Your Boots
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Magnificent
5. (We Love you Intro) Beautiful Day
6. I Still Haven't Found What Im Looking For
7. In A Little While
8. No Line On The Horizon
9. Elevation
10. Your Blue Room(Live Space Chat of some sort)
11. Unknown Caller
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo
16. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight(Remix)
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
18. MLK
19. Walk On/ You'll Never Walk Alone(Snippet)
<Desmond Tutu Speech>

Encores:

20. One/ Amazing Grace(Snippet)
21. Where The Streets Have No Name/ All You Need Is Love(Snippet)
22. Bad/40

23. Ultraviolet(Light My Way)
24. With Or Without You
25. Moment Of Surrender

Defiantly see them bringing in bad for the shoot, and your blue room to talk about the whole space stuff and the claw being there spaceship. Apart from that, it should be a pretty much safe setlist. Even though i have a gut feeling they will start with GOYB, just to send the crowd wild straight away.
This set would be great but I don't see them bringing back Bad.

I hope they do that new intro for BD, but I haven't heard it since BOS1, has it been played since??

I hope they do that new intro for BD, but I haven't heard it since BOS1, has it been played since??

Nope, ever since YBR went in-front of it in BOS2 its been dropped. Talking about BD, any1 else think it sounds really off on this tour. Edges vocals on the dayyyyy bit sound awful, and his guitar sounds really quiet. Looking back to Elevation Tour and now, the song has changed quite a bit, maybe its just down to being played everynight bono just walks through it.

Nope, ever since YBR went in-front of it in BOS2 its been dropped. Talking about BD, any1 else think it sounds really off on this tour. Edges vocals on the dayyyyy bit sound awful, and his guitar sounds really quiet. Looking back to Elevation Tour and now, the song has changed quite a bit, maybe its just down to being played everynight bono just walks through it.

real shame about the BD intro...it was the best thing about it... always thought that YBR into that would be immense...:hmm:

I think others hit the nail right on the head about UC being back in preparation for the filming.

I think the Space theme/space chat is too much a part of the tour to not have something- I just hope it is YBR and not In A Little While.

It is time for Stay or Bad to make another DVD, and stuck to sit one out, so here is hoping for that.

Until The End of the World is always welcome, anytime!

I hope they pull one surprise for the occasion- Milan already had Party Girl, how about Out of Control or I Will Follow? They seem to like to play OOC in LA(JT and Vertigo both got performances in LA when 98% of tour shows did not).

I am not liking the flow of the set list with some of the new songs pushed to later in the set. How about something similar to the 2nd Boston set list?

Magnificent
NLOTH
Breathe(only change from Boston 2)
Boots
Mysterious Ways
Still Havent Found
Elevation
YBR
Beautiful Day
Unknown Caller
Until...World
Stay
Unforgettable Fire
COBL
Out of Control"We haven't played this one for a while...."(refer to video linked)
Vertigo
Crazy Remix
SBS
MLK
Walk On
>>>>Tutu>>>>>
One
Streets
Bad/40
------------------
Ultraviolet
With or Without You