Rose Bowl DVD setlist predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Although the setlist was far too stale for my liking, the actual performance was very impressive. Bono's voice sounded a little strained at times but he had some excellent moments- UF and NLOTH especially. The renditions were generally tight and energetic and Bono commanded the stage. In fact I haven't seen him so mobile since Zoo TV/PopMart.

:hmm:

my friend was watching the broadcast from home and today he told me that after watching the Rose Bowl gig, Bono can't sing live anymore....and others said that Bono was talking too many lyrics and singing lazily...

my friend was watching the broadcast from home and today he told me that after watching the Rose Bowl gig, Bono can't sing live anymore....and others said that Bono was talking too many lyrics and singing lazily...

You cannot judge the performance from that broadcast. Once the dvd is out, give him a copy and then let him judge.

Although the setlist was far too stale for my liking, the actual performance was very impressive. Bono's voice sounded a little strained at times but he had some excellent moments- UF and NLOTH especially. The renditions were generally tight and energetic and Bono commanded the stage. In fact I haven't seen him so mobile since Zoo TV/PopMart.
Funny, I thought UF was the worst version vocal-wise I had ever heard.
:reject: I also thought his voice didn't sound a "little" strained but more like superstrained. I don't know I guess I expected way more from the broadcast having this stage and all. I was actually bored while watching at times. Couldn't even hear the guitar on my favourite live song Still haven't found:down:
I guess I'll keep watching the popmart and slane dvd.

Funny, I thought UF was the worst version vocal-wise I had ever heard.
:reject: I also thought his voice didn't sound a "little" strained but more like superstrained. I don't know I guess I expected way more from the broadcast having this stage and all. I was actually bored while watching at times. Couldn't even hear the guitar on my favourite live song Still haven't found:down:
I guess I'll keep watching the popmart and slane dvd.

Well I'm certainly no sycophant but I think you're being too harsh. UF sounded good- the falsetto came up to scratch; he didn't try to sing MW like a rapper (unlike on the Slane Castle DVD may I add) and he was still very good on UV even if he had to reign himself in a bit. I agree with you that the PopMart DVD is amazing but Slane doesn't cut the mustard fro me. Bono's voice was so poor during that whole tour, far far worse than at the Rose Bowl.

But what do YOU think? Why are you telling us what friend 'A' or person 'B' is saying?

I was surprised Stand By Me made the set in Pasadena after getting chopped fromt he Paris 1987 DVD. Licensing for that song is probably more trouble than it's worth.

I was surprised Stand By Me made the set in Pasadena after getting chopped fromt he Paris 1987 DVD. Licensing for that song is probably more trouble than it's worth.

It was just a snippet in Pasadena as opposed to the full song in Paris, which probably makes a difference. Also, the Paris show was stuck onto the bonus DVD for the most expensive version of an album remaster that not nearly as many people bought as will by the Rose Bowl DVD, so they'll probably be more likely to fork over licensing costs.

It was just a snippet in Pasadena as opposed to the full song in Paris, which probably makes a difference. Also, the Paris show was stuck onto the bonus DVD for the most expensive version of an album remaster that not nearly as many people bought as will by the Rose Bowl DVD, so they'll probably be more likely to fork over licensing costs.
don't you know, a snippet is a full performance!

Back
Top Bottom