Rose Bowl DVD setlist predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pride's been on more than enough DVDs. With UF and MLK in the mix, I see no reason to believe its return is imminent.

I'm just glad they're only doing one show so Hamish won't get a chance to do all his crazy editing and get a Slane like DVD. I also hope they don't cut songs and stick them in the extras like with MW on the Slane DVD

it will probably again the same bored list ... with no variation at all. Even vertigo played more old songs like : electric co, out of control etcetc. This 360 thing is just a bunch of hits AND ultra violet. I just don't get it. I will see then next year in Hannover but ... they must do something

it will probably again the same bored list ... with no variation at all. Even vertigo played more old songs like : electric co, out of control etcetc. This 360 thing is just a bunch of hits AND ultra violet. I just don't get it. I will see then next year in Hannover but ... they must do something

So what, on the night the band play mofo, electric storm, bad, the fly and wont fuck up once. No way, this might be u2, but we will get a better dvd with a well rehearsed set.

I would not expect any surprises in this show. They will stick to the basics.
They tend to play tighter sets now adays when being filmed.

There really isn't much room for tracks that they haven't played in the last few shows. The mystery of the static setlists is solved: They were all rehearsals for the DVD!

The only POSSIBLE setlist questions, as far as I see it are:
Unknown Caller? (Hope so!)
Your Blue Room? (Hope so!)
In a Little While? (Would be nice!)
Stay or Stuck? (Hoping for Stay)

And the only POSSIBLE additional surprise songs I can imagine would be Bad or Pride; as the remaster is the next day, and the band is confident playing either.

The ULTIMATE dark horse would be Electrical Storm; but I'm not betting on it!

Its going to be the setlist they play in Vegas which will probably be the Phoenix/Norman setlist. There will be nothing new done, that is almost a guarantee. The band has not even been soundchecking for the last 4 or 5 shows. They probably will tomorrow though and that soundcheck and the Vegas show will probably be the indicator as to what is coming for the Rose Bowl shoot.

I said this on another board, but I'm not 100% this is going to be an official DVD release. I think they are filming as a test run for next year. I do think if they are happy with the footage and the performance they could release it (IE like Slane), but my guess is this is sort of practice/back up just in case. Remember, they filmed Dublin 2nd night on Vertigo also, that was never released. :shrug: I guess I wont be shocked either way. My "preference" would be for them to wait to shoot the official DVD until next year.

Or how about have the U2.com gift be the Rose Bowl DVD for 2011?? That would make the subscription worthwhile.

Sure, they could add in Bad or YBR, but it will probably be the same setlist they did in Phoenix, which is fine with me. I was worried that UC was going to be dropped for good, but since they've included it lately I believe it will be there for the DVD. Also, after seeing that amazing short clip of UTEOTW on U2.com, that song had better be on the U2 360 DVD! :drool:

I said this on another board, but I'm not 100% this is going to be an official DVD release.

The U2.com announcement quite explicitly says it's for DVD.

But then it is a U2.com announcement.

The U2.com announcement quite explicitly says it's for DVD.

But then it is a U2.com announcement.

Like I said, I wont be suprised either way. Milan was "technically" an official DVD also on Vertigo and we got a half a show hack job..............IMO. ;)

Lets hope Hamish isn't the director, or has he already been announced as the director??? :yikes:

I think the setlist will be a rather dispiriting mix of eighties warhorses and post-millenial pop-rock with UV an TUF tossed like scraps to the die-hards. It will be shame because it wouldn't be entirely representative of what has happened this tour. I don't see Stay, ES, YBR or UC figuring, but I can see Bono stretching his mic to the crowd to catch that comforting, familar roar of "EL-E-VATION".

I think the setlist will be a rather dispiriting mix of eighties warhorses and post-millenial pop-rock with UV an TUF tossed like scraps to the die-hards. It will be shame because it wouldn't be entirely representative of what has happened this tour. I don't see Stay, ES, YBR or UC figuring, but I can see Bono stretching his mic to the crowd to catch that comforting, familar roar of "EL-E-VATION".

Have you seen this show in person, by chance?

Rubbish.

They'll at least play Ultraviolet, Unforgettable Fire and Unknown Caller.

The setlist seems rather obvious, and that's fine, since the current Norman/Phoenix set is just fantastic! Sure, it would've been nice to see Your Blue Room or Electrical Storm make it's way on there, but just remember how happy most of us are that Unknown Caller surprisingly found it's way back into the recent setlists.

The setlist seems rather obvious, and that's fine, since the current Norman/Phoenix set is just fantastic! Sure, it would've been nice to see Your Blue Room or Electrical Storm make it's way on there, but just remember how happy most of us are that Unknown Caller surprisingly found it's way back into the recent setlists.

Its far from fantastic. Please. BD and Elevation are 8 yr old pop songs, that wore out their welcome last tour. No substance and weak live, especially since they've been played to death in the last 8 years. Walk on, Stuck and In a Little While offer nothing but a complete halting grind to the show. A bit of substance, but so little to offer live. I know that 80% of today's U2 fans grew up on this album, but tracks from this album offer nothing now, except for commercial lead-ins, etc. Its vapid and dry.

Its far from fantastic. Please. BD and Elevation are 8 yr old pop songs, that wore out their welcome last tour. No substance and weak live, especially since they've been played to death in the last 8 years. Walk on, Stuck and In a Little While offer nothing but a complete halting grind to the show. A bit of substance, but so little to offer live. I know that 80% of today's U2 fans grew up on this album, but tracks from this album offer nothing now, except for commercial lead-ins, etc. Its vapid and dry.
While I'll agree that Stuck is what killed the Phoenix audience the other night, Walk On was AMAZING.

Looks for sure like the Norman/Phoenix/Las Vegas set will be played in LA.

What a disappointment that it seems YBR won't make it. IALW is already on one DVD, and - film shoot or no film shoot - five ATYCLB songs in one setlist in 2009 is just ridiculous.

Walk On, IALW, and Elevation etc are pretty ordinary songs in my view. They are certainly no better than LNOE, Discotheque and Gone, in fact I believe they are vastly inferior. So we are then left with some very dubious justifications for their inclusion- the most dubious being "they get the crowd going." Perhaps that is true of BD but I hardly think IALW, Walk On and an acoustic Stuck "get the crowd going." That isn't neccessarily a problem, neither does YBR, but I just wish setlist defenders wouldn't use that argument.

Back
Top Bottom