Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame 25th Anniversary Setlist Party 10/30/09 Pics + Videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Below are the spoilers I've seen on another board if anyone is interested, though I think part of it is merely speculation:

U2 and Bruce: She's the One

U2 and Patti Smith: Because the Night

Jagger and U2: Paint it Black, Gimme Shelter, Stuck in a moment
Oh wow, there's one song I really want to hear tonight:

Paint It Black! Paint It Black! Paint It Black!
I've always loved this song, and I loved U2's cover of it. And I'd really, really, really love to hear U2 sing it live!

If they play that one song, it'd make my night. I don't care what else might be in the set.

u2gigs: Aretha Franklin Rock Hall set: Baby I Love You, Chain Of Fools (with Annie Lennox), New York New York, Think (with Lenny Kravitz), Respect.

u2gigs: Metallica still to come, then U2 close out the night.

u2gigs: Aretha Franklin Rock Hall set: Baby I Love You, Chain Of Fools (with Annie Lennox), New York New York, Think (with Lenny Kravitz), Respect.
sounds like a cool night already!

u2gigs: At the Rock Hall, Jeff Beck has covered People Get Ready with Sting. No Bono? I'm stunned he resisted running out for this number!

u2gigs: At the Rock Hall, Jeff Beck has covered People Get Ready with Sting. No Bono? I'm stunned he resisted running out for this number!

Bet they fought over that one.

People Get Ready cover Philly + The Boss:drool::drool:

Below are the spoilers I've seen on another board if anyone is interested, though I think part of it is merely speculation:

U2 and Bruce: She's the One

U2 and Patti Smith: Because the Night

Jagger and U2: Paint it Black, Gimme Shelter, Stuck in a moment

Ohhhhhh, sweeeeeeet. Can't wait for all of them.

u2gigs: At the Rock Hall gig, Jeff Beck is done, Metallica on now. Opened with One, but not U2's One. ;) U2 will follow them...

Off to pick up dinner :wave:

SuperFan (Brad) is at this show, btw, and tonight is his dream come true. Metallica and U2 on the same stage.

backstage pic
92574550.jpg

Cool, except for the part where BEPs are doing Gimme Shelter with U2 and the Stones. Yucko.

:sad:
I shouldn't have opened my big mouth
I don't see Paint It Black on that setlist

Why the TBDs? Printed when they were still working things out, perhaps? Still, cool set.

Wait, what?

Springsteen and Patti Smith are doing Because the Night tonight? In the middle of U2's set? And who is Roy?

eta -

Duh, they're doing it with U2. But I still want to know who Roy is, lol.

Wait, what?

Springsteen and Patti Smith are doing Because the Night tonight? In the middle of U2's set? And who is Roy?

Well, I think it is technically Patti Smith's guest spot, but since Bruce wrote the majority of the song and he is there I think it would be weird for him to not be on stage for it. Roy most likely is Roy Bittan, the piano player for the E Street Band most of whom have already been spotted in the audience tonight.

Wait, what?

eta -

Duh, they're doing it with U2. But I still want to know who Roy is, lol.

Could it be Roy Orbison :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom