Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame 25th Anniversary Setlist Party 10/30/09 Pics + Videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty much everyone that night used a teleprompter, as you posted. And the several guests U2 used could use a little help with the songs. (Patty Smith, anyone?)

Again, not a problem for the crowd - they still liked the show...

Pretty much everyone that night used a teleprompter, as you posted. And the several guests U2 used could use a little help with the songs. (Patty Smith, anyone?)

Again, not a problem for the crowd - they still liked the show...

you're nausiating, honestly. have some more kool-aid why don't ya.

for the record.. i LOVED the show. does that mean i can't make an observation, as someone who was in the F'ing building?

yes... everyone used the teleprompter at some point... only u2 used it the entire set, for every show, and only bono and tom hanks used the teleprompter's for their cheesey little speeches.

did this lameness take away from the show for me? not one bit. their short set was more of a downer than the teleprompter... but it was still an amazing night.

i'll make sure to keep my observations and thoughts to myself for now on, so as not to offend you for thinking that u2 could have done something better, even when it was great.

YouTube - "So SORRY to INERRUPT." Billy Madison

Knock yourself out, I just think it's funny singling out one band when EVERY act had a telepromter. :shrug:

BTW Adam was missing due to having a flu at the Vancouver end of tour party...maybe that's why they played a short set.

Knock yourself out, I just think it's funny singling out one band when EVERY act had a telepromter. :shrug:

BTW Adam was missing due to having a flu at the Vancouver end of tour party...maybe that's why they played a short set.

you defend them like a member of the Bush administration...

again... i said every act used the teleprompter for songs that weren't theres, or for duets.... u2 were the ONLY band to use it on every single song, and were the ONLY act to use the teleprompter for between song "banter"

honestly i only had an even miniscule, trivial complaint about the lack of pre-2000 songs in the setlist, and the set's shortness... the other things were just observances from someone who was actually, ya know, in the building. you're the one jumping all over them because god forbid someone say something that may cast the band in a precieved negative light.

and a much more realisitc reason as to why the band had a short set is that the show went so far over curfew the night before that they probably didn't want to have to pay another set of hefty fines for a charity gig. still wish it woulda been longer.

wasn't aware that the guy playing bass was an adam look alike.

What do you expect? U2 are always singled out, that's what the fans love to do. Don't even try to bring some common sense into the debate à la "everyone had a teleprompter". It's only U2 (and mostly Bono here) that matters. Let's not forget that Patty Smith screwed up Because the night. Of course that was Bono's fault as well. U2 should stay away from events like these.

What on earth is so wrong about using a teleprompter?. No REM fan complained when Michael Stipe sang from a music stand for years (sometimes with Lyrics he'd had to ask fans for before the show if they were playing a rarity). Bono forgets lyrics, he forgets them when he doesn't have prompter and he forgets them when he does (actually he doesn't normally forget the lyrics as such he generally just transposes parts of the song), the prompter is a safety blanket.

I fail to see what's wrong with that?

I was there and loved the show reguardless of the teleprompter. I could care less if Bono was reading from it.

you defend them like a member of the Bush administration...

again... i said every act used the teleprompter for songs that weren't theres, or for duets.... u2 were the ONLY band to use it on every single song, and were the ONLY act to use the teleprompter for between song "banter"

honestly i only had an even miniscule, trivial complaint about the lack of pre-2000 songs in the setlist, and the set's shortness... the other things were just observances from someone who was actually, ya know, in the building. you're the one jumping all over them because god forbid someone say something that may cast the band in a precieved negative light.

and a much more realisitc reason as to why the band had a short set is that the show went so far over curfew the night before that they probably didn't want to have to pay another set of hefty fines for a charity gig. still wish it woulda been longer.

wasn't aware that the guy playing bass was an adam look alike.

A teleprompter is a teleprompter. If you use it, you use it. Covers, duets, your material - doesn't matter.

Adam was missing due to having a flu at the Vancouver end of tour party. I doubt the curfew had more to do with the set, they calculate those things in advance.

"casting U2 in a negative light" ? Not really, just nitpicking. You still had a great time. No need to get excited with different opinions.

Back
Top Bottom