Rock Hall of Fame setlist predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Well why the hell not? Only a couple of days to go until this now. U2 are the final act on Friday the 30th. I think they're meant to play for 40-45 minutes.

Couple of interesting quotes from an LA Times article:

At a pair of all-star concerts at Madison Square Garden, artists will be teamed up with their elder influences and perform classic hits by Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison, the Everly Brothers and other pioneers.

Bono of U2 said he is eager and even a bit anxious about his band's closing set Friday night. A still-unannounced icon from the 1960s is scheduled to perform with the Irish group, and Bono said he wouldn't mind more rehearsal time for such a special moment.

So I'm guessing about 9-10 songs. I'll predict Breathe to open and Moment Of Surrender to close. As for the other songs, in no particular order:

- Beautiful Day
- Vertigo
- One
- She's A Mystery To Me
- Beatles cover with "icon from the 1960s"
- Angel Of Harlem with bizarro guest
- I Still Haven't Found / Stand By Me
- Womanfish with Lars Ulrich

Any guesses as to who the "icon" might be? Somewhere on @U2 there was another quote saying it was someone U2 hasn't played with before "never-before-seen collaborations" was the line.... So scratch McCartney, Keith... I don't think the full band has collaborated with Mick? I'm not sure who counts as a 60's icon anymore, maybe Pete Townshend?

I say bring on Ringo Starr to narrate a passage of Thomas The Tank Engine as the outro snippet for Beautiful Day.

it'd be too cool if the guest was Bob Dylan! :drool:

All Along the Watchtower
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Maggie's Farm
I Shall Be Released

Any guesses as to who the "icon" might be? Somewhere on @U2 there was another quote saying it was someone U2 hasn't played with before "never-before-seen collaborations" was the line.... So scratch McCartney, Keith... I don't think the full band has collaborated with Mick? I'm not sure who counts as a 60's icon anymore, maybe Pete Townshend?

Townshend would be amazing. Bowie would be better, but I guess he's more 70s/80s than 60s (although Space Oddity, which has an obvious connection to U2, came out in the 60s!).

Townshend would be amazing. Bowie would be better, but I guess he's more 70s/80s than 60s (although Space Oddity, which has an obvious connection to U2, came out in the 60s!).

well they are playing space oddity over the PA... :hmm:

*booksplaneticket*

Satellite of Love with L. Reed

it'd be too cool if the guest was Bob Dylan! :drool:

All Along the Watchtower
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Maggie's Farm
I Shall Be Released

They have worked with him already (Love Rescue Me.)

Bowie would be the best. Mick Jagger still hasn't happened.... Maybe they can both join Bono for dancing in the streets with no name???? ;)

i think it'll be Mick Jagger (hmm, 'only rock and roll' perhaps?), but would LOVE for it to be Bowie!!! might be Jimmy Page as well....

I read on a Stones board that it will Mick Jagger playing with U2. Here is what was posted:

Boosa just spoke with someone who is somehow affiliated with MSG and a person who has NEVER given her bad information. And he informed her (unsolicited....knowing what a Stones fan she is) that yes indeed, Mick Jagger will be onstage performing with U2 at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 25 Anniversary ceremony this weekend. I think they are scheduled for the 2nd night but I'm not certain. Boosa may be going to the show if her source doesn't use his tickets.

I don't go on that board but occasionally to see what the Stones are up to. But everyone on that board hates every band in the world unless they are somehow affiliated with the Rolling Stones.

cool, thanks for the inside info! i'll be there and will try to take pics... (though i'm not even sure if cameras are allowed!)

OK, apparently they're doing 12 songs, not 9-10. So that's cool.

Not sure what to add to my predictions. Probably it'll be a couple of covers.

They have worked with him already (Love Rescue Me.)

Bowie would be the best. Mick Jagger still hasn't happened.... Maybe they can both join Bono for dancing in the streets with no name???? ;)

ya, the late '80s are a little fuzzy. :doh:

Dylan is on tour anyway.

Mick will be cool!

Last edited:
Well, Aretha Franklin is playing on the night - imagine a duet with Bono and Aretha :drool:
Or maybe Smokey Robinson, he's kind of 'back in vogue' with a new record out and plenty of gigs.
Oh well, what do I know? But it's always fun to speculate :)

Back
Top Bottom