Return of Bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No I think its Bono. Notice how he's vibrating the strings a little bit at the beginning.

If they end the NA leg like they just did now in the UK, then I'll hear my favorite song ever. :drool: So far, I am 2/3 for hearing/seeing Bad at the show. I like my chances. :hyper:

Will someone PLEASE post "Bad" from Cardif ?
Near the end (and right before "40") Bono plays a little guitar piece that sounded familiar. Does anyone know what he was noodling with there for a brief moment???
It's driving me carzy!!!!

I think it's humorous how badly Bono wants to be the guitar player. I'm just curious why they even make his guitar audible on this song when, especially during One, his guitar is normally turned way low in the mix.

Come on, Bono, you're one of the best frontmen ever and The Edge can handle the strings on his own. Put the guitar down.

I think it's humorous how badly Bono wants to be the guitar player. I'm just curious why they even make his guitar audible on this song when, especially during One, his guitar is normally turned way low in the mix.

Come on, Bono, you're one of the best frontmen ever and The Edge can handle the strings on his own. Put the guitar down.

Couldn't disagree more. Nearly every song is better when Bono is playing a guitar part and filling in some extra sound. It might not be amazing but it almost always adds. (See The Fly, Exit, With or Without You, etc, etc, etc.)

If he was the guitar player it might have sounded like this :)
YouTube - U2 are shit

After the edges guitar tech had sound tested the songs as usual, he then brought on the set list on stage and quickly teased the audience with a glimpse. He then put the guitar back on and tested the "Bad" sound which got a few cheers. Was a pretty funny moment and was so pleased that it was a sign of it being in the set :D

Another great performance of it in Cardiff. Not sure if it was a definite to be played though, as I saw Bono verbally saying to the rest of the band something like "We'll play Bad" just before it.

Couldn't disagree more. Nearly every song is better when Bono is playing a guitar part and filling in some extra sound. It might not be amazing but it almost always adds. (See The Fly, Exit, With or Without You, etc, etc, etc.)

I dunno. I thought The Fly was better without Bono, my favorite performance was from the Elevation tour, particularly the Boston performance available on the DVD.

Even Exit, on Rattle & Hum, he seems to spend most of his time fiddling with the amp.

I think on songs that they could actually USE Bono on guitar (like on Electrical Storm, where his guitar is mixed way too low. We need to hear the chords while Edge does the Octave riff for the chorus!) it's not handled right.

Either way, "Bad" is a song I think works best live with Bono really emoting it, physically. I think the guitar kind of hinders his performance in a way because it makes him less mobile.

[Edited to clarify that I don't think The Fly is better without Bono...just without Bono's guitar playing. I have no interest in hearing The Fly karaoke version ;) )

Back
Top Bottom